FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:43 pm
PainCorp
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by punjabi2
Man, looks like excel sheet will have lots of columns, but so many great ideas here.

Paincorp, that is a very good suggestion. May be carry only 1-2 cards at a time so we have some idea about spending requirements.
I usually carry 3, but I had brought this one specifically to make this "purchase." I knew the others each had a bit on them, so at that point my choices were:
a) use 100% of spend towards a far off AA goal or
b) use 80%-100% of spend towards a short term HA goal

I chose the safe route, which was smart, but the gamble would have paid off in this case. I keep my cards ordered on the left side of my wallet depending on the time left to complete spend. First one needs spend completed first, etc. I only chose my last one (AA) because Hilton points aren't worth much anymore, so I didn't want to risk missing AA to get worthless Hilton points.

Granted I will find ways to meet spending, but I want to accelerate as little spending as possible.

I've had a couple big purchases today/yesterday (new washer, two different airline bookings, and this $500 car repair) so I wasn't as up to date on my amounts as I normally am.