Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priceline Visa - 2% cashback everywhere?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by fatlard
Did a miscalculation. It is a only flat 3% when purchasing something else besides Priceline when redeeming for Priceline purchase
No, it's 3.33%, since you get 10% points back.
Old May 6, 2022, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by yugi
wait… how do…. They refund 10% of points back to your account?
Old May 6, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by fatlard
wait… how do…. They refund 10% of points back to your account?
Yes, they do, if you redeem against travel or Priceline purchase.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:18 pm

Yes, they do, if you redeem against travel or Priceline purchase.
Yes, confirmed.

2x points on Property Taxes Purchase
50% extra when redeeming on Priceline Purchase
and then 10% rebate
Attached Images  
yugi likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:48 pm

Old Priceline 'Name your price' Card - what are the rewards?

Hello!
I have the old grandfathered Priceline card that gives 2% on everything and 5% for 'Name your price' purchases from Priceline. That's what the Card's rewards link says. I haven't used this card in a while and realized that 'Name your price' has long been discontinued.

Can I use this card for an upcoming travel? Any benefits if I book through Priceline? I did chat with the Priceline agent - his answer wasn't very convincing and didn't know that this program has been discontinued. Looking to the wise folks here who might have the same card.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
You may get 5% on any hotel or airfare booking where the vendor is not named until after payment. This would be pricebreakers and express deals. I haven't tested this unfortunately because I have been getting good deals on Priceline via spring.capitalone and other means.

Any other purchase on priceline site will just be 2%...

Opaque hotel and rental car can continue to find some interesting games deals, opaque airfare is back on certain routes.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by rasheed
You may get 5% on any hotel or airfare booking where the vendor is not named until after payment. This would be pricebreakers and express deals. I haven't tested this unfortunately because I have been getting good deals on Priceline via spring.capitalone and other means.

Any other purchase on priceline site will just be 2%...

Opaque hotel and rental car can continue to find some interesting games deals, opaque airfare is back on certain routes.
spring.capitalone.com looks almost exactly the same as Greyhound hotels, same website as well. Not sure what's the connection to Priceline.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:05 am

spring.capitalone.com looks almost exactly the same as Greyhound hotels, same website as well. Not sure what's the connection to Priceline.
After logging into spring.capitalone, you can go to the Priceline tab which brings up that strange interface. On the backend, it is the same inventory from the Priceline umbrella, just no opaque or Priceline benefits.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:47 pm

After logging into spring.capitalone, you can go to the Priceline tab which brings up that strange interface. On the backend, it is the same inventory from the Priceline umbrella, just no opaque or Priceline benefits.
You get the same interface from greyhound.com which redirects you to
https://secure.rezserver.com/?refid=...kid=VOZ3RDJVFX
This gives you the same discounts as going through cap1.
rasheed likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
You also get the points from the Priceline purchase itself, either 5x or 2x and then 10% back on those when they're redeemed.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 5:50 am

My card has a December 2022 expiration date and I haven't received a new card yet. Is Barclays/Priceline discontinuing this card? It's been my main card for 10 years.

Last edited by vkfu; Oct 3, 2022 at 6:11 am
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:20 pm

Well, the Priceline/Barclay's relationship is going strong. The marketing I recently got about the chef night still showed both the old light blue card as well as the new black/blue vip card.

Barclay's is offering customers to switch to the new card which is worse than the old card, but no one has been forced yet. Barclay's doesn't send cards too early like other issuers for renewal.
vkfu likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:20 am

Well, the Priceline/Barclay's relationship is going strong. The marketing I recently got about the chef night still showed both the old light blue card as well as the new black/blue vip card.

Barclay's is offering customers to switch to the new card which is worse than the old card, but no one has been forced yet. Barclay's doesn't send cards too early like other issuers for renewal.
Thanks. Just got my new cards with a 2027 expiration date a couple days ago.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:05 pm

So, anyone who for sure spent $10k or more from between 11/30/2021 to their card anniversary date in 2022, have you done a charge in 2022 (during the spend year) for either the TSA Pre or Global Entry program?

I am interested in old legacy cardholders too (light blue card) as well who tried a charge before their 2022 anniversary date (assuming the appropriate spending was done between the dates listed). I am not saying that it works for old legacy cardholders, but trying to find out. There is no need to call Barclays on this concept.

This happens to be an annual benefit, not just every few years for applicable cardholders (with $10k annual spend between anniversaries). Note, the charge must be done by the primary cardholder number not the AU or joint holder cards.

Here is the fine print (under the new/rewards program - again this is indicated for the new "VIP" card NOT legacy light blue cards)
Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Application Fee Credit
Primary cardmembers are eligible to receive a statement credit for the $100 Global Entry application fee or the $85 TSA PreCheck application fee if you spend $10,000 in Net Purchases within each Cardmembership Year, which is the year beginning with account open date through the anniversary of your account open date.

Global Entry Membership is a 5-year membership that allows international travelers expedited entry upon arrival in the United States. Once approved, Global Entry members can use automated kiosks at most major U.S. airports. TSA PreCheck membership provides expedited security screening benefits for flights departing from U.S. Airports. It’s a U.S. government program that allows travelers deemed low-risk by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to pass through an expedited security screening.
  • Primary cardmembers will receive a statement credit for the application fee, once the fee is charged to the Card Account, in the Cardmembership Year if you spend $10,000 in Net Purchases. For the benefit to apply, the Card Account must be open 7 days prior to the application fee being charged.
  • Please allow 2–3 weeks for the credit to appear on your statement.
  • The eligibility to receive the application fee credit will reset every Cardmembership Year.
  • Neither Barclays nor Priceline has control over the application and/or approval process for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck and neither has access to any information provided to the government by the cardmember or by the government to the cardmember. Barclays and Priceline have no liability regarding the Global Entry program or TSA PreCheck program. Global Entry and TSA PreCheck programs charge an application fee to process the application regardless of whether the cardmember’s application is approved.
  • For additional information on the Global Entry program and TSA PreCheck program, including information regarding the application and/or approval process (including restrictions and eligibility requirements) and for a list of participating airlines and airports, as well as the full terms and conditions of the program, please go to globalentry.gov or tsa.gov. The Global Entry program and TSA PreCheck program are subject to change without prior notice, and we have no control over those changes.
  • The Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Application Credit may not be achievable based on the assigned credit line and ability to maintain that credit line.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 11:29 pm

Hello! Just joined Flyertalk. I have the grandfathered Priceline Rewards Visa card. I want to use it to purchase a flight directly from Air Canada, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how I can confirm that I'll get the 1.5% redemption value (instead of the standard 1%)? The terms say the 1.5% bonus is only on purchases through Priceline.com, but I've received the 1.5% bonus on flights purchased directly from other airlines in the past, like Southwest. For example, I want to be able to redeem for a $1,500 flight by using $1,000 worth of points. Does anyone know how to confirm? I called Priceline card services, and they couldn't confirm either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.