Priceline Visa - 2% cashback everywhere?

Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by yugi
No, not for over $800, but for every priceline purchase, here is an example:
Partial redemptions also help a lot.
Oh wow thanks! What determines if a priceline.com purchase codes as priceline? A number of flights have coded as the airline instead. Do all hotel purchases code as priceline?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, TK, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham
Originally Posted by tymothy
Oh wow thanks! What determines if a priceline.com purchase codes as priceline? A number of flights have coded as the airline instead. Do all hotel purchases code as priceline?
I only have an experience with hotels, didn't use airline purchases.
For hotels is you buy via NYOP or Express Deal feature, than it codes as Priceline purchase. Airfare purchase via NYOP should also code as Priceline purchase.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by yugi
I only have an experience with hotels, didn't use airline purchases.
For hotels is you buy via NYOP or Express Deal feature, than it codes as Priceline purchase. Airfare purchase via NYOP should also code as Priceline purchase.
Thanks for that. Just realized their express deals are pretty hackable and you can almost always figure out which hotel you're going to be at before you buy. ~50% off a hotel from the express deal, a random 5% coupon code, then ~8.33% back in points from the card, another 6% cash back from the upromise portal, this is pretty insane.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, AA, WN, BA, AS, TK, Radisson, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham
Originally Posted by tymothy
Thanks for that. Just realized their express deals are pretty hackable and you can almost always figure out which hotel you're going to be at before you buy. ~50% off a hotel from the express deal, a random 5% coupon code, then ~8.33% back in points from the card, another 6% cash back from the upromise portal, this is pretty insane.
In my experience, NYOP is around 10-15% cheaper than express deal, so express deal gives you an estimate where you should start bidding.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Noticed the online card picture now shows a chip so I expect they will slowly mail chip cards to existing customers. Not sure if anyone has gotten this card and had a pin option.

It is very possible that this card will have a chip and pin option (mostly for overseas support). We already know it continues to support the travel rewards and Priceline redemption bonuses along with no FTF.

Rasheed
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed
Noticed the online card picture now shows a chip so I expect they will slowly mail chip cards to existing customers. Not sure if anyone has gotten this card and had a pin option.

It is very possible that this card will have a chip and pin option (mostly for overseas support). We already know it continues to support the travel rewards and Priceline redemption bonuses along with no FTF.

Rasheed
Should be chip and PIN, the same as AA Aviator Red, which I received recently in place of US Air MC.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 4:09 pm

In light of discussion out there about changing card-travel company alliances (and of course, Costco-Amex), it is no news/good news that Barclaycard US and Priceline renewed their agreement.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300160950.html

No terms have really changed. For those who got the 2x everyday card/5x Priceline NYOP when that was offered for a time, those continue to be valid so far. I had the AF 3x Priceline retail purchase (non-NYOP, best for airfare) for awhile also, but I did gave that one up (maybe a bad decision, but so it goes).

Of important to note:

-No AF
-Still 5x on NYOP/Express (although the language indicated all Priceline.com purchases, it never applied to retail)
-10% back on travel redemptions (including Priceline.com purchases) (Most other Barclay cards have dropped this down to 5%, so this renewal is important.)
-Chip and PIN (rare among large issuers with no AF)
-No FTF (it looks like Barclaycard is not doing this across the board anymore)

While Visa exchange rate is not as good as MasterCard, if you are going places where PIN is a must, a great card to have if you are big into opaque travel.

Rasheed
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed

Rasheed
Has anyone actually received a chipped priceline card yet? I haven't gotten chipped replacement cards for either of my Barclays cards (Priceline and Sallie Mae).
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by dlpong
Has anyone actually received a chipped priceline card yet? I haven't gotten chipped replacement cards for either of my Barclays cards (Priceline and Sallie Mae).
I received Priceline with a chip some time ago, and also 2 AA Aviators with a chip.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 4:05 pm

Domestically, the PIN option will likely never trigger on Barclay Priceline due to the CVM order. However, during phone activation and online account management, you do select a PIN for use at offline/self-service machines that require a PIN to complete a purchase.

No need for any of those special cards to get chip and PIN thankfully. It also looks like Barclay is still doing FTF for other no annual fee cards, so this is unique as well.

Rasheed
Old Jan 4, 2016, 6:57 pm

Does the new Fido Visa from Elan out do the Priceline now? To me the only big change for the Fido is that it has a 1% FTF vs Priceline's 3%.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by dlpong
Does the new Fido Visa from Elan out do the Priceline now? To me the only big change for the Fido is that it has a 1% FTF vs Priceline's 3%.
Priceline doesn't have FTF. Fidelity Visa not even close to 2x/5x version of Priceline. They compete with Citi Double Cash.
Old May 9, 2018, 8:51 am

Has anyone redeemed points against a travel purchase recently?

This morning I redeemed points against a travel purchase for a statement credit along with a 10% point bonus. For this redemption one point was worth 1.5 cents. Previously one point was worth 1 cent even when redeemed against travel purchases.

Has this happened for anyone else? I had 60 more days to redeem points against the travel purchase but I thought I should strike while the iron was hot in case the extra bonus went away.

My last redemption before this one was July 2017, 5000 points for $50.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by vkfu

This morning I redeemed points against a travel purchase for a statement credit along with a 10% point bonus. For this redemption one point was worth 1.5 cents. Previously one point was worth 1 cent even when redeemed against travel purchases.

Has this happened for anyone else? I had 60 more days to redeem points against the travel purchase but I thought I should strike while the iron was hot in case the extra bonus went away.

Was it a Priceline purchase? Cause only Priceline purchases allowed 1.5c redemptions + 10% points back. Travel purchases were at 1c + 10% points back. If this is true, then this card becomes even better. Can you post a screenshot, please?
Old May 14, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by vkfu

I can confirm that travel purchase redemption is at 1.5cpp now + 10% back. That means that the redemptions just became easier. The question is whether the priceline purchase redemption still the same, or is it better now?
That also means that the card becomes true 3.33% cashback on everything card, which is great!
pedro colizzle likes this.

Last edited by yugi; May 14, 2018 at 11:05 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.