Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 6:42 pm

does the same 90 day rule apply to business card? also - is it advisable to alternate applications for personal and business, or it doesn't really matter?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 7:14 pm

No problems applying for both the personal and biz card simultaneously. Instantly approved for both.

I have no banking relationship with BoA, but have had a merrill lynch credit card for a long time (with high spend).
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:51 am

Ed Janowsky, cooltyler, and others that have applied for biz and personal on the same day - which did you apply for first? I'm planning to do this as well - maybe tomorrow.

Any idea how many inquiries BoA considers "too many?" I have 7 on Equifax and 10 on Experian, only 4 on Transunion...

I have 0 BoA cards...

Also, I see people talk about "freezing" a credit report. How is that done, and should I consider that with my situation? Thanks,
--Kyle
Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Just approved for the 30K business card and the 30K personal signature with the $100 credit. I had to call in on the personal because I had Experian frozen with its eleventy-seven inquiries. Next the business card was auto-approved for $9500.

She pulled Equifax at my request for the personal card and quickly approved me for the same $7800 I was approved for 91 days ago using my TU report which was 772 at the time. Today's EQ is 800+. My first business card was auto-approved for $10,000 91 days ago using the EQ report which was around 785 at the time. Good thing I lowered those limits to $1000 each seven weeks ago.

I only spent a total of $8.10 on the business card and only $1063 the first month on the personal card and $38 on it last month.

THANK YOU BoA!
Sorry if this was answered before.... What does eleventy-seven mean?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by lw7878
Sorry if this was answered before.... What does eleventy-seven mean?
It's a humorous way of saying 'a whole lot'....
Old Jun 22, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Plat, TK*G, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, etc
Smile

DP: Applied thru 30k + $100 link just now. Not immediately approved, called recon, who said that I'd been autoapproved for 7.5k.

Immediately submitted another app thru 30k + $100 link, also went to pending, called in, they said they'd flagged as duplicate. Asked them to reconsider it because "I need to split my personal and work expenses". Analyst went away on hold for 10m, came back with a second approval @ 7.5k.

Gotta love BofA. ~740 FICO, BofA checking customer.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by idlingbye
DP: Applied thru 30k + $100 link just now. Not immediately approved, called recon, who said that I'd been autoapproved for 7.5k.

Immediately submitted another app thru 30k + $100 link, also went to pending, called in, they said they'd flagged as duplicate. Asked them to reconsider it because "I need to split my personal and work expenses". Analyst went away on hold for 10m, came back with a second approval @ 7.5k.

Gotta love BofA. ~740 FICO, BofA checking customer.
Nice. I wonder if this would work with two business cards (and a personal)? I'm not a BoA customer at all right now though... Planning to apply tomorrow morning for one personal and one business at least. Good thing about the business cards is they won't be reported to the credit agencies, the personal ones will. But there wouldn't be the $100 statement credit... Thanks,
--Kyle
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by kyamnitz
Nice. I wonder if this would work with two business cards (and a personal)? I'm not a BoA customer at all right now though... Planning to apply tomorrow morning for one personal and one business at least. Good thing about the business cards is they won't be reported to the credit agencies, the personal ones will. But there wouldn't be the $100 statement credit... Thanks,
--Kyle
True, the Business card won't appear on your CR. But the HP for it will, and since one is Business and one is Personal, most likely they won't be merged. So two HPs... Assuming you're fine with that, Best of Luck. ^
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
True, the Business card won't appear on your CR. But the HP for it will, and since one is Business and one is Personal, most likely they won't be merged. So two HPs... Assuming you're fine with that, Best of Luck. ^
I had read that their biz and personals on the same day count as one hard pull? On doc of credit at least.

If I tried two personals, like above, has anyone confirmed getting two sign up bonuses from BoA cards on the same day? Or even the same month? Thanks,
--Kyle
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:25 am

I had read that their biz and personals on the same day count as one hard pull? On doc of credit at least.

If I tried two personals, like above, has anyone confirmed getting two sign up bonuses from BoA cards on the same day? Or even the same month? Thanks,
--Kyle
I might be wrong about that. With some banks personal and business are handled by different departments and don't combine. Maybe with B/A they do combine. Hopefully someone whose knows for sure will chime in...
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:40 am

I might be wrong about that. With some banks personal and business are handled by different departments and don't combine. Maybe with B/A they do combine. Hopefully someone whose knows for sure will chime in...
Well, I think I might try freezing my Experian report anyway. Never tried that before, but it would be nice to prevent the inquiries - and I'm worried that the 10 inquiries on there would be too much for BoA, particularly since I'm not currently a BoA customer? Thoughts? Thanks,
--Kyle
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
The personal inquiry shows on my report as BoA. The business inquiry shows as FIA so even IF they both get pulled on the same day from the same bureau, they won't get combined.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond

--Kyle
I don't believe they combine. However, two personal cards would combine, so if you wanted to apply for two personal Alaska cards or another BOA card, this might be a good time.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:42 pm

Thanks for the help! Now for my results:

Yay! Here's my data point (note, no prior history with Bank of America):
- Today I froze my Experian for the first time.
- Then I applied for the Alaska Airlines Personal. Called in and they asked for the PIN for Experian. I asked if they could pull another report? They asked which one. I said Transunion. They approved me for $18k.
- Then I applied for the Alaska Airlines Business. Auto approved for $8.5k!
- Then I applied for a SECOND Alaska Airlines Personal. Called in and said it wasn't a duplicate entry (I actually do have two businesses). They reconsidered it, but did not approve.
- Then I applied for the MLB Cash Rewards card and was instantly approved for $10k.
- And just to make the most of the hard pull, I applied for a SECOND MLB Cash Rewards card (different team) and was auto-approved for $10k.

I'm kind of shocked... 4 cards from BoA in one day and 4/5 on attempts with them.
--Kyle
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
- Then I applied for a SECOND Alaska Airlines Personal. Called in and said it wasn't a duplicate entry (I actually do have two businesses). They reconsidered it, but did not approve.
Did you consider applying for a second AS business card for your second business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.