Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by craigpd
Can any of you who have - or have not - been successful getting a second card, presumably with the "need to split personal and biz" justification, tell me how much you were spending on your first card? I've only used mine maybe three times, all fairly small purchases, and am trying to guess how much I need to put on it to justify needing a second card to split my expenses.
I think this is truly a case where YMMV. I spend a reasonable amount (to meet a targeted offer of $1250/month for 3 months) before applying and had the card for a few months before that. I have a great credit score and a solid income to match it, but no dice. They wouldn't budge. I figured it was worth it (a pull) to be to give it a shot, but it definitely wasn't promising for me. The rep was very firm about it. Good luck.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by craigpd
Can any of you who have - or have not - been successful getting a second card, presumably with the "need to split personal and biz" justification, tell me how much you were spending on your first card? I've only used mine maybe three times, all fairly small purchases, and am trying to guess how much I need to put on it to justify needing a second card to split my expenses.
Do not say "split personal and biz", there are reports upthread that in that case they tell you to apply for a business card.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by michael_v
Do not say "split personal and biz", there are reports upthread that in that case they tell you to apply for a business card.
You can say that if you stress that's it's not your business. I wanted to keep my work reimbursable travel separate from my personal expenses, but a business card wouldn't work bc I don't own the business I work in
Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:50 pm

Submitted application (twice now) and the website says it timed out and I need to complete the application within 30 minutes. Both times I took about 3 minutes to fill out application. Anyone else have this problem?

Should I call reconsideration to see if they have application?

Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by PresskittJon
Submitted application (twice now) and the website says it timed out and I need to complete the application within 30 minutes. Both times I took about 3 minutes to fill out application. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!
They have a website you can check your application status at: http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

That site doesn't look right, but I couldn't find the other link I have.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
They have a website you can check your application status at: http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

That site doesn't look right, but I couldn't find the other link I have.
Thanks Keirnna! They didn't have any record of my app....but I confirmed the site was working as they did have my wife's approved application from a week ago.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!
Clear the cookie and cache, and then try again using a different browser.

I had the same issue last week then I switched browser and then it worked. Instant approval too.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Clear the cookie and cache, and then try again using a different browser.

I had the same issue last week then I switched browser and then it worked. Instant approval too.
Thanks Happy. Cleared everything, tried browser #3 after waiting 5 hours and same result. Will try again tomorrow from different computer.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 10:59 am

got my 10K annual bonus today, the annual fee hasn't been billed yet
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by debwany24
got my 10K annual bonus today, the annual fee hasn't been billed yet
Same thing here. I wasn't sure why my account suddenly had 10K more miles in it! My husband's account does not, and he also got the card at the same time as I did last year
Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:36 pm

Thanks Happy. Cleared everything, tried browser #3 after waiting 5 hours and same result. Will try again tomorrow from different computer.
Different computer. Instant approval. Worth the wait
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:31 am

Data point. Got my 2nd US card approved today via recon. 1st card is still open and only 6 months old, only spend on the 1st card is for one of the past 15,000 mile bonus offers. Rep wouldn't grant me any additional credit but was happy to split my existing line between the two cards. Took me 10 minutes.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Data point. Got my 2nd US card approved today via recon. 1st card is still open and only 6 months old, only spend on the 1st card is for one of the past 15,000 mile bonus offers. Rep wouldn't grant me any additional credit but was happy to split my existing line between the two cards. Took me 10 minutes.
Thanks for info. How long did you wait between applying for 2nd card and calling recon?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
Thanks for info. How long did you wait between applying for 2nd card and calling recon?
I had a similar situation,
I called as soon as I saw I wasn't instantly approved
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by AlexTheMan
Applied late at night, so didn't bother calling immediately since I assumed I wouldn't get anyone. Made the call early the next morning, so probably ~8 hour delay or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.