Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA, DL
Originally Posted by crimson12
Wow very surprising. I think this is the first I've actually heard of this. Are there any other reasons the card may have been declined? (Income, credit score, recently opened cards, etc.?)
Got the letter now and it says, "Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays Bank Delaware." Sort of confused by that statement.

Is it worth it to call back now that it has been several days since the last phone call, or would it be better to wait a while and just reapply?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 9:27 pm

My wife and I both received letters about two weeks ago stating that our cards would be charged with the annual fee if not canceled by Aug 31. Yesterday, we both received the 10,000 yearly bonuses. So, today we canceled both cards.

Won't know for a while whether the bonuses will be taken back but don't expect so. Only time will tell.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JATR4
My wife and I both received letters about two weeks ago stating that our cards would be charged with the annual fee if not canceled by Aug 31. Yesterday, we both received the 10,000 yearly bonuses. So, today we canceled both cards.

Won't know for a while whether the bonuses will be taken back but don't expect so. Only time will tell.
When would have been your anniversary date?

Please keep us updated of the outcome a few weeks / months down the road.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:22 am

Non-chairman success with US Air MC link in CC offers thread?

Hello everyone,
Thanks in advance for your help. I'm sorry if this questions has already been asked and answered, but I did a search for "us airways mastercard" and nothing pertaining to my question popped up.

I was wondering if anyone without "chairman's" status with US Air has had success applying for and receiving the stated bonus on the landing page from the link provided in the "The special credit card offers master thread"? Here is the link from that thread- http://www.mostmiles.com/apply/Landi...cellNumber=163

I am adding this card to my next churn but I don't want to make a mistake and use the wrong link. Some of the bloggers have provided this same link. I was just bothered by the wording "Offer available to Dividend Miles members currently with Chairman's Preferred Status only" on the top and bottom of the landing page.

Thanks again!
-bmatt
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by zeddy218
Got the letter now and it says, "Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays Bank Delaware." Sort of confused by that statement.

Is it worth it to call back now that it has been several days since the last phone call, or would it be better to wait a while and just reapply?
I'm not an expert on this particular card but I'd call back, because reapplying would be a separate hit on your credit report. I applied for a CitiBusiness card in April and it took until June before they finally approved it, but it was only ever one credit pull.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmatt
Hello everyone,
Thanks in advance for your help. I'm sorry if this questions has already been asked and answered, but I did a search for "us airways mastercard" and nothing pertaining to my question popped up.

I was wondering if anyone without "chairman's" status with US Air has had success applying for and receiving the stated bonus on the landing page from the link provided in the "The special credit card offers master thread"? Here is the link from that thread- http://www.mostmiles.com/apply/Landi...cellNumber=163

I am adding this card to my next churn but I don't want to make a mistake and use the wrong link. Some of the bloggers have provided this same link. I was just bothered by the wording "Offer available to Dividend Miles members currently with Chairman's Preferred Status only" on the top and bottom of the landing page.

Thanks again!
-bmatt
It seems virtually everyone on this thread is using this link to apply and so far no one has reported not getting the bonus?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Happy

My wife and I just did the same thing. The 10K posted earlier in the month, my anniversary day was later in the month. I waited only a couple days after I saw the points hit my account, then cancelled the card. It has been over a month, both cards are cancelled, and the points are still in my USAirways account. I also just received the packet with Club Passes and Companion Certificates for the second year, for both cancelled cards.

I plan to re-apply in about six months and see if I can get another 40K to add to my current 50K.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:53 pm

10k miles renewal posted after statement posted. retention rep tried to give 22.50 cr for the annual fee to keep me as a customer but i passed and cancelled the acct.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
my GF just got her second version of this card, so you can still get multiple cards. you will have to call in to get it, and you will have to give them a reason why you want another one (ie its not as easy as the chase recon line). but its not hard, esp if you travel for work and want to keep the expenses seperate.

but, yes, here's another data point that with a little effort and discussion it is very possible to get mutliple cards
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:30 pm

Data Point:
I got this card on 8/24/11. today I applied for a second one ( did not close the 1st) was intially denied. Called the Recon # first time they would not approve, hung up and called again, got approved!! They asked why I need a 2nd card, simply told them I need to seperate expenses.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Happy

Don't know the anniversary date exactly but the 2011 summary showed a purchase in August and the 40,000 bonus on 13 September. Anniversary date must have been in August and their letter indicated that the account needed to be closed by 31 August or the annual fee would be charged.

My wife only had 25,000+ miles after the 10,000 bonus so I booked a United flight for her through Star Alliance for only $32.50. The representative waived the other fees. Only $7.50 security fee seemed odd. Only explanation seems to be that her first flight number was the same for both legs.

So if there is any clawback there are no miles in the account.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by kaiotes
10k miles renewal posted after statement posted. retention rep tried to give 22.50 cr for the annual fee to keep me as a customer but i passed and cancelled the acct.
I was offered the same $22.50.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JATR4
Don't know the anniversary date exactly but the 2011 summary showed a purchase in August and the 40,000 bonus on 13 September. Anniversary date must have been in August and their letter indicated that the account needed to be closed by 31 August or the annual fee would be charged.

My wife only had 25,000+ miles after the 10,000 bonus so I booked a United flight for her through Star Alliance for only $32.50. The representative waived the other fees. Only $7.50 security fee seemed odd. Only explanation seems to be that her first flight number was the same for both legs.

So if there is any clawback there are no miles in the account.
So they actually sent a letter to inform you annual fee would come due?

When it is a "through flight", meaning single flight number for 2 segments, you only get charged one. UA now has a ton of such because they dont have enough flight numbers to use after the merger. It is actually very annoying because it makes it hard to find a non-stop flight - because the "through flight" does not display the details on the 1st screen - you would only realize it when the fly time is much longer than usual.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA UA DL CO SW US
Spend needed for 2nd card

Can any of you who have - or have not - been successful getting a second card, presumably with the "need to split personal and biz" justification, tell me how much you were spending on your first card? I've only used mine maybe three times, all fairly small purchases, and am trying to guess how much I need to put on it to justify needing a second card to split my expenses.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by craigpd
Can any of you who have - or have not - been successful getting a second card, presumably with the "need to split personal and biz" justification, tell me how much you were spending on your first card? I've only used mine maybe three times, all fairly small purchases, and am trying to guess how much I need to put on it to justify needing a second card to split my expenses.
I think milevalue has a post about this -- he put very little spending on the 1st card but was still approved for the 2nd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.