Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by healthymind
Applied for the card in March used the card twice and dint use it again. I got the offer of 15k for spending over 750$ in June, July and August! I think it takes 3 statements..did u apply in the later part of March? may be u get for the next cycle July-sep
Well actually I dug deeper and see that my card was approved in mid February but didn't activate till March since we were on vacation.

Nevertheless my husband got the offer and his was approved in March so maybe I won't get it.
Old May 31, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Barclays upgraded my MC to the World Elite version (with a nice CL) but they dont want to approve a new card (Lufthansa's miles and more) Shhhhssh
Old May 31, 2013, 6:18 pm

Programs: A bunch
Still no sign of my 15k mile bonus! I met my spend $1k a month jan -march. I used amazon payments for the $1k. The offer was for $750 a month. I trie checked that the spend was in the correct months.

I secured messaged them on tues with 3-4 days left in the monthand they replied -the miles just havent posted yet and to wait 8 weeks from the end of march! Lol. Well i guess on monday june 3rd i will message them again that its been more than 8 weeks and where the F are my miles!? I hate when companies play dumb. I jist wonder why they didnt post and i havent heard of reports of others not getting the 15k when they met the requirements? I can say i did my AP on march 1st and never used the card again since then. That shouldnt matter however.
Old May 31, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I received the 15k bonus offer. I have made one purchase with my card since I've had it.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Stoutman11
Still no sign of my 15k mile bonus! I met my spend $1k a month jan -march. I used amazon payments for the $1k. The offer was for $750 a month. I trie checked that the spend was in the correct months.

I secured messaged them on tues with 3-4 days left in the monthand they replied -the miles just havent posted yet and to wait 8 weeks from the end of march! Lol. Well i guess on monday june 3rd i will message them again that its been more than 8 weeks and where the F are my miles!? I hate when companies play dumb. I jist wonder why they didnt post and i havent heard of reports of others not getting the 15k when they met the requirements? I can say i did my AP on march 1st and never used the card again since then. That shouldnt matter however.
Usually after you meet the spending requirement, it will take 2 billing cycles to post to your credit card account, then will take at least another month to post to your us airways account.

Let says if your statement closing date is the 25th of each month and you spent $750 on the 1st of Jan, Feb, Mar, then it will show up on your credit card account on Apr 26. So the earliest you would see your miles posted is May 26.

Try logon to your credit card accout and see if it is already shown in your "View rewards" tab.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by summerdayshopping
Usually after you meet the spending requirement, it will take 2 billing cycles to post to your credit card account, then will take at least another month to post to your us airways account.

Let says if your statement closing date is the 25th of each month and you spent $750 on the 1st of Jan, Feb, Mar, then it will show up on your credit card account on Apr 26. So the earliest you would see your miles posted is May 26.

Try logon to your credit card accout and see if it is already shown in your "View rewards" tab.
No man, theres no mile anywhere to be found. We are in july now. 2 statements have closed after march. Slightly perturbed
Old Jun 2, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by Stoutman11
No man, theres no mile anywhere to be found. We are in july now. 2 statements have closed after march. Slightly perturbed
Guess you skipped June.. hopefully you will get the miles.. just be patient.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 6:22 pm

I got the card in late November. I only put a few very small charges on it and never got one of the 15K offers. I just applied for a second card and got the "technical difficulties" screen, but checked my account (thanks for the tip PHLisa) and found that I'd been accepted at a higher credit limit than the first card. Weird bank.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:18 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I got my first US card in June and and second in December of last year. Cancelled the one from last June in May of this year. Is it worth getting another one, or should I wait till after the US/AA merger announces how the miles will work?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by agp423
I got my first US card in June and and second in December of last year. Cancelled the one from last June in May of this year. Is it worth getting another one, or should I wait till after the US/AA merger announces how the miles will work?
It would probably ANOTHER year for you to wait based on the CO/UA model.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by agp423
Originally Posted by Happy
It would probably ANOTHER year for you to wait based on the CO/UA model.
I'm confused... are you wanting to get more US miles now and then hope for them to all merge into AA later? If so then based on when you had and canceled your last one you might want to get one now. I just did this and have the miles now. When it all goes to AA, I get those extra 40k from getting my new card in April (well they messed up and still owe me 10k but have acknowledged it so I am waiting).

If you are trying to make it so miles go to something else, I have no idea what that would even be.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 9:36 pm

I have previously gotten 15K and 2.5K spend-related bonuses on my US Airways card. Took just over two billing cycles each time for the points to post.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:27 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I'm confused... are you wanting to get more US miles now and then hope for them to all merge into AA later? If so then based on when you had and canceled your last one you might want to get one now. I just did this and have the miles now. When it all goes to AA, I get those extra 40k from getting my new card in April (well they messed up and still owe me 10k but have acknowledged it so I am waiting).

If you are trying to make it so miles go to something else, I have no idea what that would even be.
I was asking if I should apply for another US card now, or wait until the AA/US FF mile system merges. Anyway, just applied and instant approved. More miles, here we go!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:09 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by groversbathtub
I got the card in late November. I only put a few very small charges on it and never got one of the 15K offers. I just applied for a second card and got the "technical difficulties" screen, but checked my account (thanks for the tip PHLisa) and found that I'd been accepted at a higher credit limit than the first card. Weird bank.
you are lucky! Which link did you use?

I got my current one last June, yet was denied a 2nd card because they know i have one already.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by shel
you are lucky! Which link did you use?

I got my current one last June, yet was denied a 2nd card because they know i have one already.
I used the link on #1 in this thread. I don't know why some folks get denied for #2 and others can get three or more cards. With the reason you were given, it sounds like they didn't add a hard pull to your credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.