Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by BlueEyedDevil
Is there any rule of thumb on how long to wait between churns? I applied in Feb, cancelled in June. Wondering when I should aim to reapply.
Rule of thumb seems to be 6 months from application, but some people have had luck waiting less time.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: HH (Dia), Bonvoy (Plat), IHG (Plat)
Data point: I just noticed that I received a 10,000 mile bonus on my US Airways account today, listed as "US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY 50% BONUS". From info in this thread, it looks like this is an anniversary bonus. I couldn't find anywhere in the recent literature I've been reading from the company that I would qualify for this bonus, so it was pretty unexpected, but a very nice surprise.

Of course, I'm now kicking myself a lot for closing my husband's card a few days ago since the annual fee was coming up.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by BlueEyedDevil
Is there any rule of thumb on how long to wait between churns? I applied in Feb, cancelled in June. Wondering when I should aim to reapply.
I cancelled in March and reapplied 91 days later. Instant approval, and strangely got a much higher credit limit than the last time.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by kirax2
Data point: I just noticed that I received a 10,000 mile bonus on my US Airways account today, listed as "US WORLD CARD: EVERYDAY 50% BONUS". From info in this thread, it looks like this is an anniversary bonus. I couldn't find anywhere in the recent literature I've been reading from the company that I would qualify for this bonus, so it was pretty unexpected, but a very nice surprise.

Of course, I'm now kicking myself a lot for closing my husband's card a few days ago since the annual fee was coming up.
Well that should be easy to figure out. Did you apply for the card 12 months ago?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by hnf8705:20913841
My companion pass actually came separate from the card.. I got my card in about five business days and the companion pass came exactly three weeks after my approval... I was anxiously awaiting them and used them the same day i received them!
Oh yeah you are right...my mistake. Mine showed up a week or two after the card did. But I guess either way the poster won't have to wait til the 1yr anniversary for the first cert.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
Oh yeah you are right...my mistake. Mine showed up a week or two after the card did. But I guess either way the poster won't have to wait til the 1yr anniversary for the first cert.
Yes yes.. It is such a nice benefit! My boyfriend, his sister, and I are all flying to San Diego for about $650! I'm hoping i can get a 2nd card before the merger to scoop on this again.. Which by the sounds of it, shouldnt be a problem.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 5:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Got my third US card a week ago... Charged $1 on it, and plan to wait until next year to cancel. I plan on getting at least 1 more US card, if I do it will be on Dec 1 of this year, 6 months from my last application. Is this too cruel on Barclay?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:13 am

Before I applied, I checked www.myapplicationstatus.com and it showed no applications in the last 90 days, so I figured I was good to go. Back in Feb-March, I had applied and was told the offer for 35k mi was available only for US Air Preferred members (but no credit pull). This time, I got a response stating that they needed more time. Then I checked the app checker again, and it showed "Currently we are unable to offer you a credit card issued by Barclays Bank Delaware. Details on why we could not make you a credit offer will be mailed to you."

Anyone else go through this? It's as though they've blocked me out of the no fee offers somehow.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:07 pm

Approved!

Originally Posted by dangw20
Data point: It has been almost exactly 5 months since I applied for my first US Air MC. Applied tonight and received the following message:

"We're sorry we are not able to complete your application decision right now, additional time is needed.

Please do not complete another application. Further information about the status of your application will be mailed to you. Thank you for your application."

I'm assuming it'll end up being a denial but I'll update if it ends up being something different.
UPDATE: I ultimately ended up being denied, but it was not because I already had a US Air Mastercard. So you can technically say I successfully applied for a 2nd US Air MC just under 5 months after applying for my first card since the denial was not for already having the card.

The reason for denial was 'Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays Bank Delaware'

I currently only have that one US Air MC account with Barclays. It has a 5k CL and it has been open since the end of December. My TU credit score was just over 700 according to the letter.

Does anyone have any advice for calling reconsideration? I know people don't normally have much success, but I'm thinking I may be able to ask them to move part of the CL from my current US Air MC to the new account. And if they question having two of the same card I'll mention separating spending. Does anyone have any other advice?

Thanks!
Great news, I called reconsideration and was approved for a second card after moving credit around. It was my first time calling reconsideration so I was expecting the worst, but it went very well. The man politely asked me several questions before approving me, including why I was applying for a card that I already had, but in the end he approved me.

I'm sure this was a very YMMV situation and that I was probably very lucky to be approved, but it's good to know that it's still possible!
Old Jun 14, 2013, 10:32 pm

Great news, I called reconsideration and was approved for a second card after moving credit around. It was my first time calling reconsideration so I was expecting the worst, but it went very well. The man politely asked me several questions before approving me, including why I was applying for a card that I already had, but in the end he approved me.

I'm sure this was a very YMMV situation and that I was probably very lucky to be approved, but it's good to know that it's still possible!
What's a good answer to this?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hyatt Plat
I applied for and was approved for the Barclays Arrival card in late April. I do not had any prior US Air cards and would like to get one. What is the opinion of the veterans here - am I too early to apply for the US Air card? How many days/months does Barclays like to see between applications?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Naturally, you need to separate business and personal expenses.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: aa
I just applied for the first time using the link in the first post. After the final appy screen, I got the tech difficulties message. i waited a bit and tried again. This time it went all the way thru and it said that a decision could not be made at this time and to look for a letter. i caleed the status line and the recorded message says that they have no info on my application. Would calling and actually talking to someone help anymore than what the automated system says?

Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Wife applied a couple of days ago, was denied online, got a letter stating no credit pull was done and that she was denied for too many inquiries (but it was because she is a student with no income)

my statement closed today, last statement for the 15k .. after it posts, I will probably apply for another card Aug/Sept

Originally applied Jan 2013

May not get it though as I got

Jan 2013 - SPG, US, CITI AA Visa, CITI AA Amex

Feb 2013 - UA Explorer, AMEX PRG

Apr 2013 - Sapphire

May 2013 - HH Reserve

June 2013 - UA Explorer BIZ
Old Jun 15, 2013, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by tsmith12
As beltway stated, to separate personal and business spending.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.