Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer
mine took a while also
Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
I was approved on December 26, 2012 and received the card in the mail on January 4, 2013.
Thanks for the data points.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
data point
i applied for NFL and us airways card in october 2012,both approved
applied again on jan 2nd got denied
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
I applied yesterday and was instantly approved for the platinum mastercard.

Quick question: is there any difference in benefits between the platinum and world mastercards other than the mastercard benefits themselves? I saw earlier in the thread that the bonus miles should be the same, but what about other benefits like the priority check-in etc.?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by apk123
I applied yesterday and was instantly approved for the platinum mastercard.

Quick question: is there any difference in benefits between the platinum and world mastercards other than the mastercard benefits themselves? I saw earlier in the thread that the bonus miles should be the same, but what about other benefits like the priority check-in etc.?
Didn't know that this was true. Always assumed you got a lower bonus if you weren't approved for the world mastercard.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
Didn't know that this was true. Always assumed you got a lower bonus if you weren't approved for the world mastercard.
From the last posts it seems that 40k bonus is the same, but the lower card does not get 10k anniversary bonus. HTH
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
From the last posts it seems that 40k bonus is the same, but the lower card does not get 10k anniversary bonus. HTH
Where did you see that? According to the post below, they received the 10k bonus for the platinum on September 2012:

Originally Posted by birdseye
I have the Platinum Mastercard, and I received that same letter at the end of August. About 2 weeks later my 10,000 miles posted, which was still two weeks before the annual fee was due. I think they are trying to get people who won't keep the card anyway to cancel before the bonus posts, rather than after.

There is at least one person on this thread who did not receive his bonus, but I think that was an anomaly rather than a new policy.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:13 am

Where did you see that? According to the post below, they received the 10k bonus for the platinum on September 2012:
I read the information here, post #1832:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19976606-post1832.html
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
I read the information here, post #1832:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19976606-post1832.html
It's a somewhat confusing post, but in the end we don't even know if the person who didn't receive the 10k bonus had platinum or world. That was just saacman5033's speculation.

Actually, saacman5033's September's post that is quoted in post #1832 got an answer that the September person who wasn't eligible for the 10k bonus actually had the world mastercard. So it seems that the ineligibilty for the 10k is not related to world vs. platinum.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:25 am

It's a somewhat confusing post, but in the end we don't even know if the person who didn't receive the 10k bonus had platinum or world. That was just saacman5033's speculation.

Actually, saacman5033's September's post that is quoted in post #1832 got an answer that the September person who wasn't eligible for the 10k bonus actually had the world mastercard. So it seems that the ineligibilty for the 10k is not related to world vs. platinum.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
When I first applied I was only approved for the Platinum card. I hadn't received my 10k anniversary bonus and my BF who applied for the card a month later had already received it. I called, but the phone reps are worthless. I sent an SM and they applied the points.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive

Sorry for the late reply. I have the Premier World card. To answer a previous question, I applied by calling after I recevied the handout pamphlet on the plane. I don't recall ever seeing anything about the 10K bonus just saw it on Flyer Talk.

When I called the rep wasn't very helpful so I figured I just wasn't eligble. I've checked back the past few months and don't see the 10k posted to my account anywhere.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83
When I first applied I was only approved for the Platinum card. I hadn't received my 10k anniversary bonus and my BF who applied for the card a month later had already received it. I called, but the phone reps are worthless. I sent an SM and they applied the points.
What is an SM?

It's been hard for me to get them to give me the 10k bonus because I don't have anything I can see in my T&C that shows that I should get it. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get them or if I should be eligible I would appreciate it.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:22 pm

Looks like my speculation has been unfounded twice in this very thread! I seem to remember there being some description of Plat vs World card in the previous offer that made me believe that Plat card holders wouldn't get the anniversary bonus. Looks like the following post proves that wrong as well. I better just stop while I'm behind.

Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83
Thanks for the report! I was approved for Plat as well and had assumed I wouldn't get an anniversary bonus, but this is great news.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
To answer a previous question, I applied by calling after I recevied the handout pamphlet on the plane.
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
It's been hard for me to get them to give me the 10k bonus because I don't have anything I can see in my T&C that shows that I should get it. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get them or if I should be eligible I would appreciate it.
Unfortunately you aren't eligible for the 10K because you applied under a lesser offer that doesn't provide this benefit, similar to the lesser affiliate links that bloggers have been pushing as of late. You need to have applied using the link in the OP. The way to get the 10K at anniversary is to cancel your card and re-apply using the link in the OP.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:18 pm

Applied in Aug and Dec 2012 and approved on both.

I received the 15K after $750 in spending each month (Nov, Dec, Jan). Barclays seems to be clueless about this offer as usual. Can anyone confirm if it is based on the calendar month or billing cycle?

TIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.