Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more Covid testing to travel to USA- reversed for travelers from China Jan 5, 2023

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
If you are part owner of Qured right now you're probably drinking very heavily.
He's busy putting some monkeypox test kits available. Damn dirty apes!!!
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fumje
​​​​​​
I leave the US tomorrow and return late in the week. Very conflicted about whether to leave the tests behind. I would love to have the space back, but I don't have faith that everything will be properly changed over by then. On the other hand, this gets so much press, I think by Tuesday all airline staff will know.

Anyone else travelling to US next week and decided what to do?
I'm leaving tomorrow and returning a week a later. I'm bringing a couple of smaller, non-proctored tests just because I feel comfortable having them. But I'm not bringing the proctored tests. I'm flying AA, so I figured that, as an airline that heavily lobbied for the removal of this requirement, they'd better know what is required or not.
jaimemayo and TravelForum like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by OskiBear
I'm leaving tomorrow and returning a week a later. I'm bringing a couple of smaller, non-proctored tests just because I feel comfortable having them. But I'm not bringing the proctored tests. I'm flying AA, so I figured that, as an airline that heavily lobbied for the removal of this requirement, they'd better know what is required or not.
Correct. Just like the mask mandate, airlines have wanted this gone. It could have been repealed in 2 hours after the announcement and the airlines would have been ready.

The less they have to check, the happier they will be.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I’m flying back to the US on Wednesday and was wondering how much a test would cost in Amsterdam. I’m pretty relieved. I expect the United App will update rather quickly.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:00 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
I assume this means the passenger disclosure attestation is also history?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by 1P
I don't think so - doesn't the passenger disclosure attestation still apply for domestic flights?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by 1P
Good question, I assume it’s not needed for US citizens and green card holders since there is no vax requirement for them, but for foreigners I only see it required if the vax requirement still exists.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:06 am

YES!

Happy happy, joy joy! Was going to buy the Binax kits this weekend to return from an upcoming trip to Spain. Now, I need to make a decision on keeping or cancelling the insurance I just bought...
kirkwoodj and volabam like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:07 am

Programs: delta skymiles
Deleting previous post.

Last edited by mrdovenb; Jun 10, 2022 at 10:09 am Reason: Deleting previous post
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:09 am

The article states that they will revaluate in 90 days which is right after peak summer season.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:10 am

Programs: delta skymiles
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I am flying at least once or twice back to the US next week. [I am in the US today.] I’ve exited all my travel party members’ proctored testing arrangements and have no concerns about facing a problem at hub or outstation airports in the Schengen area.
They were pretty specific. Ends midnight Sunday. It’s hard for me to imagine the airlines enforcing it after that. They have wanted it gone for some time. I guess do whatever makes you comfortable, but for me, I would be comfortable traveling without the test.
LETTERBOY and volabam like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:15 am

We just ordered an emed six pack yesterday, but the relief from not having to worry about returning home on schedule far outweighs the cost of the now unneeded tests.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:30 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Some airlines were more concerned with completion of the ATTESTATION form than seeing a negative COVID test.
Even if the ATTESTATION form remains, if you do a self test which is negative you would be “attesting” correctly that you tested negative.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by nrr
Some airlines were more concerned with completion of the ATTESTATION form than seeing a negative COVID test.
Even if the ATTESTATION form remains, if you do a self test which is negative you would be “attesting” correctly that you tested negative.
That's a good question. With luck we'll get clarity soon.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Wow is all I can say. Didn’t have a lot of faith in this being dropped anytime soon. Hopefully this is the end of all travel mandates and other countries follow. It does worry me that they will reevaluate in 90 days. The cdc loves to crap their pants and I have no doubt they will try to put it back if they get spooked even though this rule did nothing at all.

Also hope this means I can check in online international again when returning. Some of the lines at foreign airports are ridiculous because they have to check the test results.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.