Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Recovery from Covid Letter/Certificate [merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recovery from Covid Letter/Certificate [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LWkitty
If you look back in the OP's post history, you will find a string of threads just like this one, where he overanalyzes an issue to death, gets hung up on unimportant minute details, and dismisses everyone providing constructive advice because it isn't what he wants to hear. Give up on this one; you won't win, and you'll just end up frustrated.
Exactly, I was trying to be nice and point out the obvious other posts, but OP seems to want answers spoon fed to his exacting scenario with 5x the options for each airline...asked 3 different ways! lol Thanks for warning others.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 8:52 am
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
I recently got the letter and traveled from Mexico. It works exactly as described: you talk to a doctor via video chat. They verify your identity and that you recovered from Covid by checking your positive test result and asking some questions. They then issue a document on their letterhead saying you’re fit to travel, which you present to the airline in lieu of a Covid test result.

That’s it. And yes, it’s really that simple.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by theplayer
they recommend not testing again for 3 months? That's is ridiculous, especially for a mild case. You should test negative within a week.
PCR test can show positive for a while, after an infection.

That's why RAT is recommended post-infection.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:52 pm

Okay just to confirm. If I had a positive covid test earlier this month in January, I go and get a proof of recovery letter soon. I can then fly back to the US with my positive covid test and the proof of recovery letter. Do all US airlines have the same exact policy on this? By that I mean, delta, jetblue and american?

So if I had a positive covid test on January 7. I go and get a proof of recovery letter on January 27. So if I were to book a flight few days later, no issue. If i book it a week or two later, still no issue? The thing I want clarification on is I could then fly back to the US with it... but you could use it up to 90 days since your positive covid test? So if I were to fly back to the US in a month for example instead of soon, I could still use it? That seems a bit ridiculous because I would have thought if you get that recovery letter, you need to fly back within ten days or so once you receive that recovery letter?

Basically I could this it to fly back to the US till Like April 6 or so? Is that true? Also I heard you could use it multiple times if you are doing traveling a lot? Example if you fly back to the US. Then say few weeks later go fly to another country and stay there for a few weeks. Then you fly back to the US before April, you could essentially use it multiple times?
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:57 pm
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by jerry90210
Okay just to confirm. If I had a positive covid test earlier this month in January, I go and get a proof of recovery letter soon. I can then fly back to the US with my positive covid test and the proof of recovery letter. Do all US airlines have the same exact policy on this? By that I mean, delta, jetblue and american?

So if I had a positive covid test on January 7. I go and get a proof of recovery letter on January 27. So if I were to book a flight few days later, no issue. If i book it a week or two later, still no issue? The thing I want clarification on is I could then fly back to the US with it... but you could use it up to 90 days since your positive covid test? So if I were to fly back to the US in a month for example instead of soon, I could still use it? That seems a bit ridiculous because I would have thought if you get that recovery letter, you need to fly back within ten days or so once you receive that recovery letter?

Basically I could this it to fly back to the US till Like April 6 or so? Is that true? Also I heard you could use it multiple times if you are doing traveling a lot? Example if you fly back to the US. Then say few weeks later go fly to another country and stay there for a few weeks. Then you fly back to the US before April, you could essentially use it multiple times?
yes
Misco60 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by theplayer
easier to get a negative antigen than Drs note, IMO.
There are some pretty easy ways to get a documentation of recovery letter online as long as you've had a positive test within 90 days (you have to be on the plane back to the US before the 90 days is up). Seems to me if you've had a positive test, doesn't make sense to take the chance hoping you test negative the day or two before your flight leaves (unless you know someone who's going to swab the air and not your nose, which I've also heard happens quite a bit lol). Might as well take advantage of the positive test and get the letter. Also don't forget if you don't have a letter you'll need to test negative again before re-entry into the US, and depending on where you're coming from, it might not be so easy (or cheap) to get tested. Friend of mine went to Ireland and paid several hundred dollars for her swab. Highway robbery.

Last edited by AntonChigurh; Jan 30, 2022 at 1:54 am
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:01 am

what is a good online telemedicine site for a recovery letter. Anyone use mdanywhere.com?
edit: sent message to the above site and the reply was:
"Our physicians are only permitted to practice in states where they are licensed."

Edit 2- tried quick.md and i regards to BinaxNow proctored tests their response was no home tests. When I asked about BinaxNow proctored tests again, the response was:

"Please be advised that we only accept covid test results from laboratories PCR test and antigen as long this is not a home test. Home test kit is not credited."
Still unsure, lol

Last edited by theplayer; Jan 28, 2022 at 10:37 am
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by malgudi
PCR test can show positive for a while, after an infection.

That's why RAT is recommended post-infection.
I ran by someone looking at PCR test numbers in some part of Europe, and it was said that the vast majority of the positive PCR re-testers — the vast majority of whom were likely to be vaccinated — were showing as negative by at least day 15. Was told to not jump to any conclusions about how representative it would be in a wider population, but of course there is going to be some statistical outlier that shows up as positive for way longer than the typical range.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:54 am

Recovery from Covid letter virgin Atlantic

Hi, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but new to forum. Does anyone know if Virgin Atlantic accept recovery from covid letter for travel to USA. Are these only for USA citizens returning home or can uk citizens travelling to the USA also use them. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:48 am

Recovery from Covid Letter

Hi, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but new to forum. Does anyone know if Virgin Atlantic accept recovery from covid letter for travel to USA. Are these only for USA citizens returning home or can uk citizens travelling to the USA also use them. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:19 am

It would be accepted if it fulfills the requirements made by CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html . Two in my traveling party traveled with a certificate of recovery late-March 2022 (from Denmark with Scandinavian Airlines), with no problems at all. The documentation was only checked at the departing airport, neither at the transfer airport (also in Denmark) nor at arrival in US (Miami). We are all Danish citizens.
Remember, it's not the airline requiring proof of test/recovery, its the arrival country. The airlines are just required to check the relevant documentation before you board. I have not heard of any airlines rejecting certain documentation, as long as it otherwise complies with the requirements of the arrival country.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Hello. I may not be able to test negative in time for my United flight CDG-SFO on Monday (it has been 10 days since my 1st positive test). I have a "recovery letter" that my primary care physician sent me electronically. As such, his a replica of his signature appears under the words "Electronically signed by".

Has anyone here used a document like this to satisfy the "Recovery from COVID" documentation? Or had any problems with it? I will reach out to United also. Thanks.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; former GS
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Hello. I may not be able to test negative in time for my United flight CDG-SFO on Monday (it has been 10 days since my 1st positive test). I have a "recovery letter" that my primary care physician sent me electronically. As such, his a replica of his signature appears under the words "Electronically signed by".

Has anyone here used a document like this to satisfy the "Recovery from COVID" documentation? Or had any problems with it? I will reach out to United also. Thanks.
I flew BRU-ORD last month with an electronic recovery letter. I just uploaded my positive test report and the recovery the letter into United's Travel Ready Center and it was quickly accepted. I printed out a copy to show the check-in agent in BRU, but he said he did not need to see it as it was already in the system.
SFOTerry likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 10:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Kidsgrovevaliant
Yes , they do at LHR; at least when at the airport. Like BA and their US counterparts flying LHR-USA, they have all even accepted certificates of recovery from Covid — even when they shouldn’t have — at airport check-in.
andrewyang likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:56 am

Would someone point me to the telehealth resources for getting a recovery certificate? Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.