Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Recovery from Covid Letter/Certificate [merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recovery from Covid Letter/Certificate [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: QF WP
Hi all,

does anyone know if a Registered Nurse note would be acceptable? We are in a remote community and no doctors
whitewave likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by nancypants
Hi all,

does anyone know if a Registered Nurse note would be acceptable? We are in a remote community and no doctors
is it on letterhead of a medical provider facility?

I don’t know, but I would assume that if you have the letterhead, etc, it should work. In the US, nurse practitioners are medical providers.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The lab test must be PCR, right, and not a proctored home antigen test?
The test I did in London 1 day prior to travel was a £28 lateral flow antigen test, the US does not require PCR.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nancypants
Hi all,

Yes, so long as local clinical protocols have been followed and can be verified backwards if necessary. So in the UK nurses have PINs which are check-able online, to give one example. I know the USA accepts all those on the UK clinical registers, though there is a local need to stick to protocols relating to the relevant Royal College or whatever applies.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by weezl
The test I did in London 1 day prior to travel was a £28 lateral flow antigen test, the US does not require PCR.
That's the (hopefully negative) test to fly back to the USA. I'm asking about the POSITIVE test to prove that you had COVID-19, so that you can get the recovered and fit to fly letter (which is the topic for this thread).
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Some of those recovery certs/letters are based on positive antigen tests. Whether they should be or not.

Originally Posted by weezl
The Hyatt Place LHR tests that I get for my travel party members LHR-US trips are antigen tests that cost less than £15. That test center isn’t in the business of issuing recovery certificates/letter AFAIK.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I know that some countries (IIRC Canada for example) require a PCR test combined with the documentation of recovery letter or certificate, but I've seem different versions of the USA rule for flying to the USA. In fact, I'm not even sure that all airlines are following the same "rule" as how ten days is counted seems to vary.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
I know that some countries (IIRC Canada for example) require a PCR test combined with the documentation of recovery letter or certificate, but I've seem different versions of the USA rule for flying to the USA. In fact, I'm not even sure that all airlines are following the same "rule" as how ten days is counted seems to vary.
As long as you're vaccinated, you don't need a test to fly to Canada at all. And you need to not have had COVID in the last 10 days (I think it's 10) before boarding - by attestation on ArriveCAN. You do need to wear a mask, however.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:05 pm

IIRC there is some random testing upon arrival and the previous positive test result plus a recovery letter exempt an arriving passenger from this process.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:59 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Nayef
Need some reference to any official explanations of the rules for my specific situation: father, mother and sister were slated to fly back to the US via LH. Dad started experiencing mild symptoms and tested positive the day of travel when they took the PCRs necessary for US-bound travel. Sister tested positive today (June 2nd) but mother is still negative while having symptoms. They delayed their flights and their trip to the US is slated to begin at 11:45 pm their time on June 14th. I know the requirements say that a positive test can be used instead of a negative test if 10-90 days have passed, and mom has the option to test on June 3 and/or 4 in case she tests positive. If she tests positive during a sample taken the morning of June 4th, would LH or any other airlines be anal and not consider it 10 days to June 14th for any reason? The sample would be taken 10 days and perhaps 12 hours before departure. There's also a chance she could get tested on June 3rd but we don't obviously know if she'll test positive or negative despite the symptoms.
The requirement isn't for a positive test 10 days pre-travel. I was able to fly with a positive test earlier in the week, because I had symptoms the week prior.
Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Don't know how exact LH will be. But the UA app specifically states that to use the positive test/recovery cert option, the positive test has to be dated between 11-90 days of the day of flight. If flying the 14th, I'd try and get the test done on the 3rd if possible.
UA is strict that symptoms must have started at least 11 days prior to flying.
Originally Posted by whitewave
We tried to use this service yesterday (before I discovered my timeline is wrong) and I’m not convinced it’s legit. I don’t think you can use it if you don’t have WhatsApp and we filled out the form yesterday morning for an appointment and we have heard nothing ever since, crickets. So now I don’t trust it; I don’t trust that she can get a recovery certificate from them in time to fly…

My daughter and I are in travel purgatory.

The more I think about this the more I think that Toronto might be our best bet, as it’s a sure thing. I don’t like this feeling of not knowing who, how and when my daughter can get her recovery certificate. It truly might just be easier to do the Toronto route.

FYI, I am 4x Pfizer and my last booster was on April 5, 2022.
I don't know if it will work without WhatsApp. I used WhatsApp and had the recovery certificate within a few hours.
The lab test must be PCR, right, and not a proctored home antigen test?
No, it can be a proctored home antigen test.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:36 am

FWIW, my daughter still has not been contacted by the recovery certificate WhatsApp people.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:22 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by whitewave
FWIW, my daughter still has not been contacted by the recovery certificate WhatsApp people.
Does she have WhatsApp, and are you sure she entered the correct information? Does she have WhatsApp notifications enabled?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Does anyone have experience with TK. I have just started to have some potential symptoms yesterday, but will get the test sometime this afternoon.
whitewave likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Does she have WhatsApp, and are you sure she entered the correct information? Does she have WhatsApp notifications enabled?
Thanks for the help. My husband wrote a letter since he is a US doctor. And then since verifly didn’t take that (we didn’t know it wouldn’t), we received another letter from V1medical https://www.aerlingus.com/support/co...g-from-ireland
(€35 for recovery letter and it took about 4 hours to get it).

She has used WhatsApp before to speak with gamers around the world, so while I didn’t ask her specifically, I’ll assume she knew what to do, but in the meantime we didn’t need it. Thanks though.

Fingers crossed. We are headed to Shannon airport in about 10 mins.

Edited: we are boarding now!

[Moderator edit of off-topic text.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jun 9, 2022 at 8:39 am Reason: See note above.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Would an EU Digital/printed out, Recovery certificate be sufficient for travel to US without test?
It's in the same form as the EU Vaccination cert.

It states: "Disease recovered from: Covid-19"
Issued by: Ministry of Health,Welfare and Sport
Valid from: xxx
And a QR code etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.