Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Recovery from Covid Letter/Certificate [merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recovery from Covid Letter/Certificate [merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2022, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by whitewave
Would someone point me to the telehealth resources for getting a recovery certificate? Thank you.
I used https://www.kioassistance.com/. You fill out the form (Request doctor at home), tell them you need a certificate of recovery, and they send a message via Whatsapp, asking a few questions. You reply, pay via the link they provide, and then in an hour or two, the physician has a video chat with you. They email the certificate of recovery.
Originally Posted by estnet
Okay , I'm late to the party and sorry if this was already asked but can I use the attestation form and therefore use my own unproctored antigen test? I believed I needed an official report of negative antigen, but the form seems to indicate I can just submit the form. Am I missing something? (recently fly back to the US and never saw an alternative to an "official" result)
No.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:47 am

@kipper thank you very much
Old May 31, 2022, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kipper
I used https://www.kioassistance.com/. You fill out the form (Request doctor at home), tell them you need a certificate of recovery, and they send a message via Whatsapp, asking a few questions. You reply, pay via the link they provide, and then in an hour or two, the physician has a video chat with you. They email the certificate of recovery.

No.
Can you use this service if you don't use Whatsapp?

In fact, does anyone know of an outfit that will arrange a "COVID-19 recovery and fit to travel letter" letter (acceptable for return flights to USA) without requiring messaging? I'd like to sign up and pay by a website and use zoom for the telehealth visit. Email links are fine, but I don't want to transmit a credit card number by email. (I wouldn't be using health insurance.)

Last edited by MSPeconomist; May 31, 2022 at 10:27 am
Old May 31, 2022, 11:01 am
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
If you have an established relationship with a doctor or clinic, keep it simple and contact them to get a letter of recovery. I was able to message my doctor's care team and get a recovery letter for free, no telehealth visit or payment required.

I'll be trying it out to fly back to the US on a KL/DL itinerary in two weeks.
Old May 31, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

In fact, does anyone know of an outfit that will arrange a "COVID-19 recovery and fit to travel letter" letter (acceptable for return flights to USA) without requiring messaging? I'd like to sign up and pay by a website and use zoom for the telehealth visit. Email links are fine, but I don't want to transmit a credit card number by email. (I wouldn't be using health insurance.)
MSPeconomist this is a service my friend used when she tested positive in Spain. I haven't checked it out but the name Zoom Doc sounds promising.

https://www.zoomdoc.com/product/covi...hoC_fQQAvD_BwE
Old May 31, 2022, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

This one has been positively mentioned in a few articles I have seen.

https://quick.md/documentation-of-recovery/
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:08 pm

Question. Who can write a certificate of recovery? What needs to be on a certificate of recovery for a trip to Spain and back to the US?

How much does the certificate of recovery cost?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by smartytravel
Question. Who can write a certificate of recovery? What needs to be on a certificate of recovery for a trip to Spain and back to the US?

https://quick.md/documentation-of-recovery/ it costs $75, you can get it online from here (or similar places online) who will make sure the certificate has everything you need. Make sure you tell their doctor during your zoom call that you were covid positive more than 10 days ago and have been isolating.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 11:55 pm
zmb

From https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/pdf/a...r_052322-p.pdf, the letter must include:

• From a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official
• Must be signed and on official letterhead that shows the name, address, and phone number of the healthcare provider or public health official
• Does not need to specify dates of travel
Note that is in addition to your positive test from within the last 90 days. I was able to get my letter for free by messaging my doctor's office, no virtual visit required.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National

If you have had a positive viral test on a sample taken during the past 90 days, and you have met the criteria to travel, you may travel instead with your positive viral test results and a signed letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel according to CDC’s travel guidance. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.”
So - a physician, registered nurse, etc. etc. etc.

My certificate of recovery was free from my doctor's office - I just requested one from them by email.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:12 am
zmb

Signed Letter of Recovery for flying back to the US

I had COVID in April and will be taking my first flight back to the US since then in two weeks. The CDC requirements for a letter of recovery specifically mention a signed letter from a healthcare provider or public health official.

I got a letter of recovery from my primary care clinic and it is "Electronically signed" and doesn't have a hand-signed signature:

Sincerely,

Electronically signed by

Name, ARNP
Clinic name and location
Clinic phone number
Am I over-analyzing the requirements here or should I ask for a hand-signed letter? I'm flying back to the US on a KL/DL itinerary.

I now have a new appreciation for countries where you upload your necessary COVID documents and they give you positive confirmation you are allowed to enter, versus the US's offloading of COVID document checks to airline check-in agents.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 8:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I have seen travel party members use EU digital covid certificates of recovery from Denmark that have no identified doctor signature on them. And during May, they’ve been accepted at airport check-in and/or at the gate by each airline flying LHR-US routes, AMS-US, BRU-US, and also by each airline on ARN/CPH-US routes.

That said, going also with a hand-signed letter — and avoiding those online/offsite verification thing with the airlines — is the lowest risk way to do it. But my travel party members in such situations have done it without issue without having or presenting such letter.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 2, 2022 at 8:59 am
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
My auditor brain focuses more on the latter requirement: Must be signed and on official letterhead that shows the name, address, and phone number of the healthcare provider or public health official. Whether it’s signed by hand or electronically, if I’m concerned about the validity, I’m picking up the phone and calling the provider to confirm. Electronic signatures are used so frequently now that if they really want a hand-signed document, it should specify that.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:53 am
zmb

Originally Posted by Kawliga
My auditor brain focuses more on the latter requirement: Must be signed and on official letterhead that shows the name, address, and phone number of the healthcare provider or public health official.
And my software engineer brain says "Electronically signed" is meaningless if you don't include your public key or which CA it was derived from: https://www.docusign.com/how-it-work...-signature-faq
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:31 pm

You all are over-thinking this. Use your "Airline ticket agent with 5 seconds per passenger to review a document" brain. They will check the name, date, look for the general wording, and that it doesn't look like an obvious forgery. I wouldn't worry about it, personally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.