Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

CDC pre-departure lawsuit cases updates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDC pre-departure lawsuit cases updates?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by username
COVID is over when it decides it is over, not when we say "we are so done with it".
The Spanish Flu is still not done with us. Thank goodness the CDC of today and blue-check Twitter guys weren't in charge in 1919.
ksucats, ksucats, BLV and 8 others like this.
Old May 16, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
This is completely backwards. Covid, in the sense of "covid restrictions" are done precisely when our politicians decide they're done with it.

The virus responsible for covid is going to continue to run its course for generations, and I certainly hope humans have the mental fortitude to move on at some point.
Well, or when voters decide they're done with the politicians...something that is mounting as a very real issue in a lot of places, and I'll just leave it at that.
Old May 18, 2022, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GloballyServiced
This is completely backwards. Covid, in the sense of "covid restrictions" are done precisely when our politicians decide they're done with it.

The virus responsible for covid is going to continue to run its course for generations, and I certainly hope humans have the mental fortitude to move on at some point.
I agree but my own precautions will continue until we have a better understanding of the virus, better treatment options and better understanding on long COVID. The crazy thing is that the more the politicians relax the rules, the more precaution I feel I need to take to keep myself safe. For example, how do I react to a passenger next to me who keeps coughing and does not wear a mask?

There were 2 PBS Newshour interviews this week on this that are interesting:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.