Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyingfkb
All internal restrictions removed:
  • Belgium - No border restrictions (per IATA, no restrictions; per Belgian government, "This does not apply to travelers coming from a country with a new variant of concern.").
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina - No border restrictions.
  • Bulgaria - No border restrictions.
  • Denmark - No border restrictions.
  • Croatia - No border restrictions.
  • Czech Republic - No border restrictions.
  • England - No border restrictions.
  • Estonia - No border restrictions.
  • Finland - No border restrictions.
  • France - Some border restrictions remain for non-vaccinated pax coming from some non-EU countries. Masks required on some public transport (Nice).
  • Germany - No border restrictions.
  • Greece - No border restrictions. ​
  • Hungary - No border restrictions.
  • Iceland - No border restrictions.
  • Ireland - No border restrictions.
  • Kosovo - No border restrictions.
  • Latvia - No border restrictions.
  • Malta - No border restrictions.
  • Moldova - No border restrictions.
  • Netherlands - Some border restrictions remain for non-EU arrivals.
  • Norway - No border restrictions.
  • North Macedonia - No border restrictions.
  • Poland - No border restrictions.
  • Portugal, Madeira and Porto Santo - no border restrictions (excludes Azores)
  • Romania - No border restrictions.
  • Scotland - No border restrictions.
  • Serbia - No border restrictions.
  • Slovakia - No border restrictions.
  • Slovenia - No border restrictions.
  • Sweden - No border restrictions.
  • Switzerland - No border restrictions.
  • Turkey - No border restrictions.
  • Wales - No border restrictions.
Internal restrictions generally removed, but masks still needed in some situations:
  • Austria - No border restrictions. Masks required in Vienna.
  • Cyprus (excluding TRNC) - No border restrictions. Masks needed on public transport.
  • Italy - No border restrictions. Face mask rules extended to 30 September on public transport and indoor settings.
  • Lithuania - No border restrictions but masks required on public transport.
​​​Note that the list excludes any restrictions that may exist in health care and social care, as these are generally irrelevant for tourists.

European airlines not requiring masks on board:
  • Network-wide: Norwegian, Czech Airlines, Smartwings, Flyr, Widerøe, BRA, TAP, Brussels Airlines
  • On some routes:
    • airBaltic - Recommended on all flights, but only required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • Air France - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • Air Serbia
    • Austrian - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. List not available.
    • British Airways - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate - list available on BA's website
    • Croatia Airlines - Required to/from Germany
    • EasyJet - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate.
    • Finnair - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate. Currently only TO Spain. List here: https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/flight...lights-2364672
    • Icelandair - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate: Paris, Germany and Canada
    • KLM - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate, list not available.
    • LOT - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate extending to foreign planes. List not available.
    • SAS - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate extending to foreign planes: Flights to/from Italy and China.
    • Swiss - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate - list available on Swiss website.
    • Wizz Air - Required where origin/destination has a mask mandate, list not available.
Print Wikipost

Europe reopening 2022 -

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
You do not need a test traveling from the USA to Greece, as per the official government website: https://travel.gov.gr , which is also the website in which you did the dPLF (which is optional to fill out since a month FYI):
B. Travellers arriving from Australia, Canada and the United States of America are permitted to enter Greece under the condition that they display one of the following:
a) Vaccination certificate (for those who have completed vaccination for COVID-19 at least fourteen (14) days before arrival) valid for 9 months after the completion of the basic vaccination and without time limit for travellers who have received the booster dose. [...]
Even on the CDC Covid page for Greece as far as I can see, it says Testing is "recommended" and not "required".
Generally if you're vaccinated, you do not need to get tested for any activity in Greece, and the rules are not strictly enforced atm. As mentioned earlier they are still expected to be removed from May 2nd.
Enjoy your trip!
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I live in Spain. Entry requirements for vaccinated individuals are basically just fill out the form. They are generally accepting US CDC card but it's up to each airline to enforce. Portugal is supposedly much stricter but I have my US vaccination validated in Spain for a certificate from Madrid.

Within Spain nobody will ask for proof of vaccination, masks are required indoors until next Wednesday the 20th when it will only be required on public transport and elderly homes. Lots of people saying they will be masking more at that point but curious to see how it will actually work out. (I'm flying out the day before so won't see it) When going out to bars and nightlife, nobody seems to care too much.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:41 am

[QUOTE=zmb;34161851]Source?

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...on-2022-04-13/

Found it on Serbian news. Greek health minister announced it. You can find it in Greek news outlets too. It wasn't updated yet on their travel website.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
For Greece the new rules are not entirely clear (as usual). The announcement earlier this week appeared to say that all internal rules will be suspended but it is not known if the entry rules will be changed. Those rules require unvaccinated adults and children over 5 to be tested prior to entry. There may be another announcement soon.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
It doesn't seem that IATA or TIMATIC have updated the rules to enter Switzerland, as they still show the restrictions there. And IATA's site says Czechia's restrictions have already been lifted on April 9th.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by zmb
Source?

I'm headed to Greece in June and Delta already shows the FlyReady banner on delta.com despite Greece not being a supported country.

From https://travel.gov.gr/:
My assistant got it wrong so I deleted my original messages, but I appreciate the two prompt and informative replies.
In terms of FlyReady, here is what I see for my Monday trip with the results the same when I manually enter all the data:
I am also curious about arriving early because last October I did OKC-ATL-FCO and had to talk to a panel in ATL not OKC. So flying OKC-ATL-JFK-ATH where do I 'arrive early'?

Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:01 pm
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Xeno
I am also curious about arriving early because last October I did OKC-ATL-FCO and had to talk to a panel in ATL not OKC. So flying OKC-ATL-JFK-ATH where do I 'arrive early'?
This seems to vary by destination, I have observed. I flew SEA-JFK-KEF in September and only had to present COVID test/vaccine card/Iceland registration at the SEA SkyPriority check-in and was able to board JFK-KEF like any pre-COVID international flight. But I have heard gate announcements for SEA-YVR where they would check you got a passport sticker indicating your COVID docs/ArriveCan have already been checked.
Xeno likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Scotland has confirmed that the proposed removal of the mask rules on 18th April will go ahead, only guidance from then on.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by Ardecos
Scotland has confirmed that the proposed removal of the mask rules on 18th April will go ahead, only guidance from then on.
The BBC story on this is here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-61099172

It always helps to have a source for these rule changes for any country.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by DaveS
The BBC story on this is here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-61099172

It always helps to have a source for these rule changes for any country.
Agreed, although in my defence I've been using my tablet and couldn't work out how to add a link with it.
LETTERBOY and DaveS like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Czech Airlines and Smartwings removed their mask mandate on all routes effective today, following Czech removal of all COVID restrictions today.
LETTERBOY and volabam like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by the810
Czech Airlines and Smartwings removed their mask mandate on all routes effective today, following Czech removal of all COVID restrictions today.
Since, we in the United States have determined that specifically testing entry via air travel is helpful, if I were to be stranded on a foreign land, it mind as well be Prague then. And, assuming that I'm forbidden from returning to the country of my birth even longer, I can at least make my way to France because of the Schengen thing?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nayef
It doesn't seem that IATA or TIMATIC have updated the rules to enter Switzerland, as they still show the restrictions there. And IATA's site says Czechia's restrictions have already been lifted on April 9th.
I entered Switzerland with just my Vax card and nothing else. This requirement of just a vax card I have been sent by LX before my trips there.
Nayef likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
Since, we in the United States have determined that specifically testing entry via air travel is helpful, if I were to be stranded on a foreign land, it mind as well be Prague then. And, assuming that I'm forbidden from returning to the country of my birth even longer, I can at least make my way to France because of the Schengen thing?
If you are stranded due to the testing requirement, that would mean that you tested positive. If you test positive, you will be at the mercy of the local authorities regarding what you are and are not able to do. Traveling around the EU as a tourist is probably not one of the approved options for riding out an infection.
altabello likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Visconti
Covid restrictions are independent of Schengen restrictions. Airports are set up with both health and border controls and you may or may not have to pass through. As an example, I had to do a health control for a domestic flight when going to the Canary Islands a couple months ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.