Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

EU to impose entry requirements on travellers From US (updated 30 Aug)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU to impose entry requirements on travellers From US (updated 30 Aug)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by cbrown5294
I can’t seem to find a clear answer on any website, the AA website via VeriFLY says basically only a test 72 hrs before and no quarantine but I am reading that’s not the case ?
they dropped the testing requirement for fully vaccinated Americans. All you need is proof of vaccination and the entry forms.
Flying Machine and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by bsb7140
they dropped the testing requirement for fully vaccinated Americans. All you need is proof of vaccination and the entry forms.
Thank you for this.
The guidelines for US citizens and AMS arrivals were confusing on the NL gov website.
But, the AMS US embassy did state that US citizens can enter AMS freely if they have completed the full course of vaccination.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 11:42 am

Hello, I'm fully COVID vaccinated with with Pfizer.. and have my CDC card.

I booked a flight from Turkey to Germany.. spend 1 night layover at city hotel.. and next day will continue the itinerary from Germany to the U.S.

I have read that I only need the CDC vaccination card to enter Germany.. but I wanted to ask to make sure since I'll be starting the trip from Turkey? Do I need any other requirements? The layover is exactly 24 hours.. so no doubt I will spend 1 night in Germany.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might need to register. Take a look at this site:

https://einreiseanmeldung.de/#/
Old Dec 14, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
So, I am looking to travel to Switzerland next week. I am finding good direct flights into AMS but think I need to do separate tickets to get the exact flights I want at the price I want.

It looks like as a fully vaxed American I will need just that info for entry into AMS, correct? For the flight into ZRH, I would assume I don't technically need anything but to be safe I should go ahead and get the PCR test they would require if I would have flown directly from the US? On the return, I will likely just overnight in AMS on the return and take a an Antigen test in Zurich that is within 24 hours of departure for the US flight the next day.

I am looking for flaws in my plan and possibly someone to tell me I am not reading the restrictions correctly!
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
So, I am looking to travel to Switzerland next week. I am finding good direct flights into AMS but think I need to do separate tickets to get the exact flights I want at the price I want.

It looks like as a fully vaxed American I will need just that info for entry into AMS, correct? For the flight into ZRH, I would assume I don't technically need anything but to be safe I should go ahead and get the PCR test they would require if I would have flown directly from the US? On the return, I will likely just overnight in AMS on the return and take a an Antigen test in Zurich that is within 24 hours of departure for the US flight the next day.

I am looking for flaws in my plan and possibly someone to tell me I am not reading the restrictions correctly!
for return it's 1 day before flight, doesn't need to be 24 hours.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 5:46 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by theplayer
for return it's 1 day before flight, doesn't need to be 24 hours.
Thanks for the reminder. I have typically tried to stick with 24 hours so as to not have an issue with an agent that cant read the rules correctly but a good reminder should circumstances dictate that 24 hours wouldnt work. Nice thing about the antigen tests is that they are quick and relatively easy.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Received a text from AF this afternoon --

Italy has changed regulations and entry antigen tests must be performed within 24 hours of flight starting tomorrow, December 16th. Yesterday it was 48 hours for antigen tests. Good thing I was a quick walk from a pharmacy and had 20 euros burning a hole in my pocket. Yeesh.

Check the regs people, they are changing every hour.
GUWonder, Statman and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by lalala
Received a text from AF this afternoon --

Italy has changed regulations and entry antigen tests must be performed within 24 hours of flight starting tomorrow, December 16th. Yesterday it was 48 hours for antigen tests. Good thing I was a quick walk from a pharmacy and had 20 euros burning a hole in my pocket. Yeesh.

Check the regs people, they are changing every hour.
This rule is in effect from December 16 to January 31. For PCR tests the time is 48h, by the way.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Also, it's 24h from arrival, not 24h from flight, which makes it even worse.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:24 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by gojko88
Ack. I’m okay but others may not be so lucky
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
The math across time zones might get interesting for some people.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:10 am

Greece is now doing one better - not just mandatory testing for all arrivals, but it has to be a PCR too. I've promptly cancelled my planned NYE trip to Athens and will be travelling domestically in Italy instead. This is pure fuel to the fire for the anti-vaxx population, good luck with those booster shot campaigns.
84fiero and Tiramisu like this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Finland will be requiring a covid test (either antigen or PCR) for entry 48 hours before arrival for those coming from outside the EU starting December 21st, 2021. How does this work if you transit through another EU country first? For example, someone flying SFO-FRA-HEL. At FRA you'd have to enter the Schengen zone to catch that Helsinki flight.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 3:19 pm

It's your point of departure that sets the rules for entry. In your example, the SFO staff would verify your compliance with Finnish entry rules before they let you board the flight from SFO. Where you transit afterwards is of no practical consequence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.