Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

EU to impose entry requirements on travellers From US (updated 30 Aug)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU to impose entry requirements on travellers From US (updated 30 Aug)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Originally Posted by GUWonder
What did you use for a “vaccine passport” on arrival to Sweden to enter Sweden from Germany?
we were able to get pass sanitaire from France using dummy bookings to France.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by bsb7140
If fully vaccinated, you do not need a pre-departure test. The only requirements are that you are fully vaccinated at least two weeks prior to arrival and that you complete the PLF in digital format.
That was true until September 1 (when the US was removed from the white list). The pre-departure test seems to be accepted in lieu of the test required on day 1 or day 2 of your arrival.

https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/travels/
jefftiger and Kmxu like this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
That was true until September 1 (when the US was removed from the white list). The pre-departure test seems to be accepted in lieu of the test required on day 1 or day 2 of your arrival.
While I really, really hope this is true, I’ve read that page dozens of times and I am still confused by it. Maybe I am misunderstanding the color codes and what the US is currently listed as, but wouldn’t this fall under the #3 rule for testing and requirements stating you need to be tested on day 1/7?

Planning on traveling jfk-ams and then getting on a train to Brussels over Thanksgiving week. If testing is required day one including a quarantine until test results, I may have to choose to stay in the Netherlands instead of wasting days of a vacation.

Am vaccinated, planning on being tested right before the trip so if that’s all I need I would be thrilled. Please let me know if I am missing something here.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by Stabler823
While I really, really hope this is true, I’ve read that page dozens of times and I am still confused by it. Maybe I am misunderstanding the color codes and what the US is currently listed as, but wouldn’t this fall under the #3 rule for testing and requirements stating you need to be tested on day 1/7?

Planning on traveling jfk-ams and then getting on a train to Brussels over Thanksgiving week. If testing is required day one including a quarantine until test results, I may have to choose to stay in the Netherlands instead of wasting days of a vacation.

Am vaccinated, planning on being tested right before the trip so if that’s all I need I would be thrilled. Please let me know if I am missing something here.
I'm in a similar situation with a planned trip to Belgium next month. The guidance is very confusing. Some weeks ago, a poster quoted an FAQ from the Belgian government (https://www.info-coronavirus.be/en/faq/) under the "Which travellers should get tested" topic. It states (and this seems at variance with every other official Belgian site, including the guidance from the Belgian embassy in the US), bolding is mine:

Exceptions
  • Travellers who are fully vaccinated and can prove this with a recognised vaccination certificate must get tested on day 1 and remain in quarantine until the test result is known. If you return from a red zone, you must also be tested on day 7, without having to quarantine after a negative test result on day 1 , except when travellers have been on the territory of a third country classified as a very high-risk zone during the 14 days prior to their arrival in Belgium. There are currently no countries classified as very high-risk zones.
  • Travellers who are fully vaccinated and can prove this with a recognised vaccination certificate and who have a negative test certificate upon arrival, as mentioned above, do not have to get tested on day 1 or quarantine. If you return from a red zone, you must get tested on day 7 without having to quarantine, except when travellers have been on the territory of a third country classified as a very high-risk zone during the 14 days prior to their arrival in Belgium. There are currently no countries classified as very high-risk zones.

Whether these exceptions really apply to US travelers is unclear to me. But, based on TheMadBrewer's recent post, this appears to be true. I'd still like to see some more user experiences in coming weeks.
TheMadBrewer likes this.

Last edited by jefftiger; Oct 1, 2021 at 10:59 am
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by jefftiger
I'm in a similar situation with a planned trip to Belgium next month. The guidance is very confusing. Some weeks ago, a poster quoted an FAQ from the Belgian government under the "Which travellers should get tested" topic. It states (and this seems at variance with every other official Belgian site, including the guidance from the Belgian embassy in the US):

Exceptions
  • Travellers who are fully vaccinated and can prove this with a recognised vaccination certificate must get tested on day 1 and remain in quarantine until the test result is known. If you return from a red zone, you must also be tested on day 7, without having to quarantine after a negative test result on day 1 , except when travellers have been on the territory of a third country classified as a very high-risk zone during the 14 days prior to their arrival in Belgium. There are currently no countries classified as very high-risk zones.
  • Travellers who are fully vaccinated and can prove this with a recognised vaccination certificate and who have a negative test certificate upon arrival, as mentioned above, do not have to get tested on day 1 or quarantine. If you return from a red zone, you must get tested on day 7 without having to quarantine, except when travellers have been on the territory of a third country classified as a very high-risk zone during the 14 days prior to their arrival in Belgium. There are currently no countries classified as very high-risk zones.

Whether these exceptions really apply to US travelers is unclear to me. But, based on TheMadBrewer's recent post, this appears to be true. I'd still like to see some more user experiences in coming weeks.
yes absolutely. I’ve been checking threads every day as well as simple Google searches to see if there are any updates or clarifications being made but have come up empty. These government sites almost seem purposely confusing. Like you said, looking forward to seeing others experiences including TheMadBrewer’s.
TheMadBrewer and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 7:12 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
I am contemplating USA-IST-TBS (Tbilisi via Turkey) .As a vaccinated person with CDC card and the swiss/French digital passes to prove it my understanding is that no PCR test is required for transit and entry to Georgia. Am I right? Any recent data points about entry into Tbilisi and restrictions there?

Bob
Old Oct 1, 2021, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by jefftiger
yes absolutely. I’ve been checking threads every day as well as simple Google searches to see if there are any updates or clarifications being made but have come up empty. These government sites almost seem purposely confusing. Like you said, looking forward to seeing others experiences including TheMadBrewer’s.
I arrive at BRU on Oct 13 and will try and post what happens. There are 6 of us on that flight, hopefully we'll all get the same results (Plus another coming thru AMS but he lives in Canada so he is golden)
Old Oct 2, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: MileagePlus
I arrive at BRU on Oct 13 and will try and post what happens. There are 6 of us on that flight, hopefully we'll all get the same results (Plus another coming thru AMS but he lives in Canada so he is golden)
I'm scheduled to be in BRU MLK Day weekend next year...and I definitely want to hear your experiences please! I'm not going if I need to quarantine.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by kac2138
I'm scheduled to be in BRU MLK Day weekend next year...and I definitely want to hear your experiences please! I'm not going if I need to quarantine.
To be honest, what happens to me probably will have little bearing on your trip in January

Hopefully things here will improve enough that we get put back on the "while list" or even better, upgraded to orange (I doubt we'll make it to green for a long time)
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:30 pm

Just an update:. Even though we all were vaxxed and had recent negative tests (and said so on our PLF), we (6 of us) were required to get a Belgian PCR test after arriving yesterday at BRU. The test was free, though.
jefftiger likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:49 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just an update:. Even though we all were vaxxed and had recent negative tests (and said so on our PLF), we (6 of us) were required to get a Belgian PCR test after arriving yesterday at BRU. The test was free, though.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:42 am

Bleh, that sucks. Sorry to hear that, but thank you for updating us. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to get the results!
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:10 am

Yet another reason to avoid BRU on non-Schengen flights. Absolutely the most miserable airport I have ever been to for departures.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 2:01 am

Bleh, that sucks. Sorry to hear that, but thank you for updating us. Hopefully it doesn’t take too long to get the results!
The first one came in about 12 hours, the last one at about 22 hours (six in our group)
StingWest likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Travel to AMS?

I can’t seem to find a clear answer on any website, the AA website via VeriFLY says basically only a test 72 hrs before and no quarantine but I am reading that’s not the case ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.