Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
CHECK THIS LINK FOR YOUR LOT NUMBER ON YOUR BinaxNOW Covid Tests for the extended expiration date:
  • Lot 195-200: https://www.emed.com/hubfs/Case%2001269955-COL-03030%20BinaxNOW%E2%84%A2%20COVID-19%20Ag%20Home%20Test%20%20Product%20Expiry%20Upda te%20-%20Customer%20Letter%20EN%20%20-%20%20US.pdf?hsLang=en
  • Lot 195-200 and 195-100: https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static/binax-now/scrtechs-0381-v8-binaxnow-covid-19-ag-home-test-product.pdf
  • Lot 195-000: https://www.healthvermont.gov/sites/default/files/documents/pdf/COVID-19-BinaxNOW-Expiry-Extension.pdf

Previously, it was on https://ohio.emed.com/ but the link has been removed.

The good news is that as of mid-Dec 2021, Abbott Labs is apparently shipping only kits with printed expiration dates well into 2022.

*Hat Tip to poster Blue Skye

Print Wikipost

Issues re EMed/Abbot Binaxnow Navica Tests.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:27 am

definitely time to rename this thread. just took a test and was connected within a few seconds.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Skye
I did have a bit of issue with getting VeriFly to accept my Navica printout, but that may have been b/c I wasn't sure what to put into the Laboratory/Physician section. It was accepted on second try.
Acceptance of BinaxNOW tests can be hit or miss depending on who reviews it, see VeriFLY experiences.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by ckaught78
definitely time to rename this thread. just took a test and was connected within a few seconds.
I sent the mods a request. Maybe do the same?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:21 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Well by June of 2022, if Americans are still taking TATL trips, presumably we could run into similar situations where demand at a given time is too high for them to process.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by exp
Well by June of 2022, if Americans are still taking TATL trips, presumably we could run into similar situations where demand at a given time is too high for them to process.
Didn't I read that covid testing to enter the USA will stop in the coming months for vaccinated foreigners and US citizens and residents?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 10:34 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Didn't I read that covid testing to enter the USA will stop in the coming months for vaccinated foreigners and US citizens and residents?
No, testing will still be required, unfortunately.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
No, testing will still be required, unfortunately.
Oh! I guess they'll put everything in writing soon. It sounded like vaccinated equals no testing. Like boosters for all😁
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by mguinness
Acceptance of BinaxNOW tests can be hit or miss depending on who reviews it, see VeriFLY experiences.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check that out.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:41 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note.

Due to changed circumstances, the thread title has been changed. Ocn Vw 1K, Co-Moderator, Coronavirus and Travel forum.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Took a test on Sunday. Connected to a guide within 30 seconds but the bottle in the kit was empty. Luckily I had a second kit and was told to use the bottle from it.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:27 pm

Is it possible to buy the tests in person? Or do they have to be ordered online and shipped from eMed or Optum? I'm only in the US for a weekend so there won't be enough time to have them shipped.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 12:34 pm

As far as I know, these particular tests with a telemedicine monitor must be ordered (Optum) online. They are not available in stores.
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Is it possible to buy the tests in person? Or do they have to be ordered online and shipped from eMed or Optum? I'm only in the US for a weekend so there won't be enough time to have them shipped.
I ordered mine from Optum and when they say NEXT DAY SHIPMENT, it comes the following day. So, order now and you will have it. By the way, when I ordered mine I was in Mexico. I had somebody sign for my package (which is not necessary), and it arrived the day after I had ordered it.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Vtjournalist
As far as I know, these particular tests with a telemedicine monitor must be ordered (Optum) online. They are not available in stores.
Also eMed but they only sell in packs of 6.

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-...stkit-six-pack

For anyone in Ohio, the kits being handed out for free at public libraries are the monitored/proctored version (at least all of the ones I've picked up in my county have been that version - I assume it's the same statewide since they were purchased and distributed at the state level).
Xyzzy and 36902BRF like this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Vtjournalist
I have heard but not verified that you can get the proctored versions at some CVS/Walgreens but you need a prescription for them (proctored version).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.