Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Have you used BinaxNow Home Test to successfully transit in Germany?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you used BinaxNow Home Test to successfully transit in Germany?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:20 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k
Unhappy

Originally Posted by azepine00
Emails with result say this - not sure how official that printout looks...
Huh.
I see my copy of that email got caught by the spam filter. Now I will know for next time. Thank you!
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by PlowJockey
FlyingfromDC, thank you for sharing your experience and continuing to monitor the thread. Italy changed its requirements right before I flew so I didn't end up needing the test on the outbound but it was great to know I had options.

I'm curious about how you got this version of the report - all I could find from the Navica app or the eMed site was a .png version of the pass and the details. (It was a pain getting it printed in Croatia for my flight home, and a good thing I did so because the BA outstation folks at the airport weren't interested in anything I had to show on my phone - but maybe something that looked that official might have worked?) Thanks.
The email is sent automatically with a PDF attachment. The only catch is that it is password protected, so I saved a screenshot of the letter in order not to have to enter the pw over and over again (+ printed it out). The email can get caught up in spam, but is easy to locate as it typically arrives within a minute of hanging up with the proctor. I used this emailed version with Lufthansa without any problems.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wearble
Is there a definitive answer to this? I have an unvaccinated 11-year-old child. Can he transit Germany with this test?
My unvaccinated 9-year-old used this test in June to transit through Frankfurt without any problems. United and Lufthansa were the airlines. We will use it also for the return.
wearble likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PlowJockey
Huh.
I see my copy of that email got caught by the spam filter. Now I will know for next time. Thank you!
Glad you found it! It’s good to have the PDF version as well.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Any issue using BinaxNow with LH for transit via MUC back to IAD? Or do I need to hunt down an EU approved test?
Old May 9, 2022, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
Any issue using BinaxNow with LH for transit via MUC back to IAD? Or do I need to hunt down an EU approved test?
Should be no problem, there's no testing requirement for entering Germany if you're vaccinated so only compliance with US testing requirements will be checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.