Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
An updated version of the content of this wikipost may be found at:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coro...resources.html

Please post any addition/amendment to the list in the thread.
Print Wikipost

Entry restrictions / reopening per country

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2020, 5:27 am

For anyone who thinks they can 'sneak past' Schengen controls and travel bans by entering from specific areas, here is a word of caution: Austria checked every single entry on its (Schengen) border with Slovenia, every single car, creating huge queues over the last few days.

The risk of getting slapped with an entry ban and deportation are high.

Speaking of the above, someone who entered Norway and broke quarantine has been deported and given a two-year entry ban.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
A little more information: the routes will be between Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh and Seoul/Tokyo. The three countries will require a coronavirus-free certificate from no more than three days prior to the air departure, and passengers on entry must conduct re-testing, undergo self-quarantine at the concentrated facilities (whatever they may be) and install tracing software so they can be monitored by the authorities. There is no mention in the article of how long the self-quarantine will be in Seoul and Tokyo, but I'm guessing also 14 days.

Another article mentions flights to Guangzhou, Taipei, Cambodia and Laos, but it's not clear that they will start on
15 September. It also says that travelers to Vietnam must have been in the other countries for at least 30 days prior to boarding the flight, so no transits allowed.

It looks too time-consuming and difficult to be practical for tourism, but people were were stuck in one of these countries and want to stay for a while in another country might accept the restrictions.
Three other cities will resume flights after 15 September. Vietnam and China will be operating one return flight between Ho Chi Minh City and Guangzhou every Monday, Vietnam and Taiwan will operate one return flight along the Hanoi-Taipei route and one return flight along the Ho Chi Minh City-Taipei route each week, and Vietnam and Cambodia will operate one return flight between Can Tho (Mekong Delta) and Phnom Penh each week. Laos has not yet responded to the proposal.

The same 14-day quarantine rules will apply to these flights.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dan1113
...Speaking of the above, someone who entered Norway and broke quarantine has been deported and given a two-year entry ban.
He was also fined 20,000 kroner (1,900 euros, $2,240 USD).
Old Sep 6, 2020, 9:27 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
He was also fined 20,000 kroner (1,900 euros, $2,240 USD).
The NOK 20.000 fine appears to be a standard fine for everyone caught for breaking the quarantine rules. The quarantine operates on a honour system, so fines are steep for those caught.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 11:46 am

Bahrain has re-opened its borders to tourists and non-residents, including those from the UK, following the introduction of new COVID-19 testing measures.

Passengers holding electronic visas and those eligible for visas on arrival – from 114 countries and 68 countries respectively – will now be able to enter the Kingdom.

Bahraini citizens, residents, and GCC nationals continue to be permitted, as well as diplomats, military personnel, airline crew, and holders of official, service, or UN passports.

The revised measures include a requirement for passengers to undergo a PCR test at their own expense after landing.

Arrivals must remain in self-isolation until negative results are received, while transfer passengers are exempted from the tests. Travellers who test positive will receive further instructions from authorities.

The requirement to quarantine has been removed, but those staying in the country for longer than 10 days must take a follow-up test on the 10th day of their visit.

Passengers can check eligibility or apply for an electronic visa by visiting evisa.gov.bh.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:25 pm

I've read thru the thread and also on the Germany.info website, but I'm still confused about traveling to Germany. Located in the US and need to be in Germany for a 2 day business event. Is this possible if you get a negative COVID-19 test before departure? There are a bunch of rules and exceptions listed on there but a bit confusing.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:40 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
In short, no. Currently US passport holder are not allowed to enter Germany except for essential reasons (business is not essential reason).
Old Sep 7, 2020, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Excuse me if this has been posted elsewhere. What about the new 5 minute Abbott Labs covid tests coming this and next month? Surely this will be a game changer for the countries that allow to bypass a quarantine with a <48 hour negative test right?
Old Sep 7, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
Originally Posted by blue2007
I've read thru the thread and also on the Germany.info website, but I'm still confused about traveling to Germany. Located in the US and need to be in Germany for a 2 day business event. Is this possible if you get a negative COVID-19 test before departure? There are a bunch of rules and exceptions listed on there but a bit confusing.
Originally Posted by fransknorge
In short, no. Currently US passport holder are not allowed to enter Germany except for essential reasons (business is not essential reason).
But if you have an EU passport it is possible with a negative test less than 48 hours before arrival (or on arrival). However, it does seem like they are changing quarantine rules on Oct 1st after which you have to quarantine for a couple of days and test negative to get out.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by fatlasercat
But if you have an EU passport it is possible with a negative test less than 48 hours before arrival (or on arrival). However, it does seem like they are changing quarantine rules on Oct 1st after which you have to quarantine for a couple of days and test negative to get out.
I have both US and EU passport (non-German passport).
Old Sep 8, 2020, 12:04 am
Suspended

There are no entry restrictions on those with an EU passport. However, there will be a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine unless you provide a negative covid-19 test. The exact rules on quarantine are likely to change--is your trip in Sept. or Oct.?

If in Sept., the easiest thing might be to do the covid-19 test upon arrival in FRA or MUC. Then self-quarantine in a hotel until you got the test result. I did the test on arrival in FRA three times. In each instance, I received the result (via email/web site) within 12 hours. From what I hear, results may take slightly longer than that if you take the test after 2 pm or 3 pm in the afternoon, though.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 2:16 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Then please instead of asking half-baked question, willingly share all information that help us help you:
- Passport holding (Specific countries)
- Itinerary with transit point and times
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Then please instead of asking half-baked question, willingly share all information that help us help you:
- Passport holding (Specific countries)
- Itinerary with transit point and times
Hungarian passport
Destination: Munich or Frankfurt
Time: End of October
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:36 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Thank you.

Then for an itinerary US-FRA/MUC for Hungarian passport end of October:
- You must have a test done 72 hours within arrival
- AND you must stay 5 days in quarantine, even if the test is negative. The test must be done without breaking quarantine (so on site at the arrival airport is the best).
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Three other cities will resume flights after 15 September. Vietnam and China will be operating one return flight between Ho Chi Minh City and Guangzhou every Monday, Vietnam and Taiwan will operate one return flight along the Hanoi-Taipei route and one return flight along the Ho Chi Minh City-Taipei route each week, and Vietnam and Cambodia will operate one return flight between Can Tho (Mekong Delta) and Phnom Penh each week. Laos has not yet responded to the proposal.

The same 14-day quarantine rules will apply to these flights.
The Vietnam government has clarified the rules for these flights. They will be restricted to diplomats, officials, Vietnamese citizens who wish to return home, Vietnamese citizens who travel for work, and foreign experts, skilled laborers, investors, and employees of key projects. So, no tourists yet. Also, the Laos, Cambodia, and Taiwan flights will resume starting September 22.

I guess I won't be traveling again for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.