Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Question & Issues You Want Answered and Addressed at DO IV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question & Issues You Want Answered and Addressed at DO IV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Renard
What you propose is not a bad idea though....but CO Plats who book at the last minute won't like it....citing it as another 'devaluation' of Plat Myself I've given up on CO silver...mine expires here soon....it would have taken a MR and it's simply not worth the time/money.

Should *Alliance eiltes be treated like just 'any Joe off the street'? I'm not proposing 'giving away the store' but I'm not sure that it makes good business sense for CO to treat them just like any Joe.
I doubt we're going to get much in terms of goodies from *A as elites - and given the industry tightening going on right now (thank goodness oil is cheap), it's unlikely we're going to see an expansion of elite-specific benefits.

I'd suggest giving CO Silvers a crack at un-assigned exit rows at the 24hr mark, then restrict non-CO elite exit row access to airport check-in only.

Another option is giving CO-only Plat/Golds access to exit rows at any time, CO-only Silvers access at 36hrs, *A elites access at 24hrs, and avg. Joe access at the airport only (no more getting the exit row at 24hr or using OLCI).

There are very cheap ways CO could enhance the Platinum experience without spending very much money on the product - for example, the oft-discussed enhancement request we've made to reprogram CO systems and policy to block empty middles and keep them blocked, only giving them out when absolutely needed, and even then, ensuring that Plats seated in Y receive an empty middle prioritized according to fare (like a reverse EUA).

Maybe a good idea is an open brainstorming session at the DO with the CO product folks - the ground rules are an implementation budget of $x, and a zero ongoing incremental cost increase to the product - see if people can come up with unique ways for CO to improve the Plat experience at minimal cost.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
One more for you

The sad state of using Shop One Pass.

Specifically:
  • No means to verify if there is a record of you using the program
  • The new 6-8 week delay in posting of miles after CO receives the report from the merchant in the event of "returns"
  • Having to print out a missing miles document, attaching all the receipts and mailing it in.
  • No means to find out if they received the package
  • A wait of another 4-8 weeks for the merchant to respond.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 11:28 am

Programs: Flying Nut
With the recent changes to the elite levels mileage earning ability and other enhancements I had a thought on on that I think many would enjoy.

Give people "free change waivers" for every 10000 miles that a person flys. To me it adds to the program without costing the airline much.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 6:51 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
future of EVA codeshare?

Despite the draconian cutback in BR fare classes eligible for OP mileage accrual, will CO expand BR codeshare routes? I am specifically interested in BR 167/168 LAX-KIX-TPE direct flights. BR offers service to many cities throughout SE Asia and has very comfortable economy and premium economy seats. Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
I am grateful if I do get an upgrade, but one thing for consideration: If when the computer processes the EUAs, it could somehow honor seating preferences. Often everyone will be upgraded at once and all seats will be filled up and randomly assigned.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by flying for gold elite
I am grateful if I do get an upgrade, but one thing for consideration: If when the computer processes the EUAs, it could somehow honor seating preferences. Often everyone will be upgraded at once and all seats will be filled up and randomly assigned.
Is this still a problem? If so, it's been that way for years, and it definitely needs to be brought up at the DO. How difficult would it be to assign upgrade seats based on preferences in the passenger's profile? Once implemented, it certainly wouldn't cost anything on an ongoing basis and I think would lead to increased customer satisfaction.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Can the MM program extend to allow people to qualify on segments, say 1000 segments = 1MM? There are a lot of us intra-Texas flyers who would really appreciate this.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 5:42 pm

Location: Lat. N41., Long. W-75, in the NJ foothills of the Poconos
Programs: Ex-Con Million Miler, UA MM, CO Plat dozen, Onepass member since 1988
Question Shanghai intro fare?

When CO opened the Tokyo Narita NS in 1999, and the HKG NS in spring 2001, they offered some fantastic deals the first 30 days of operation. I flew with friends for 25,000 FF miles each, not the usual 70,000. And plenty of availability without resorting to Sleazypass. CO did not offer the same special in 2005 when they opened Beijing, just the $888 (AI) fare. CO earned my loyalty, I've flown to China 5 times on CO.

What is the plan for Shanghai opening day pricing. both revenue and reward?

B7
Old Jan 25, 2009, 6:29 pm

Location: Lat. N41., Long. W-75, in the NJ foothills of the Poconos
Programs: Ex-Con Million Miler, UA MM, CO Plat dozen, Onepass member since 1988
Talking not enough Exit Row

Originally Posted by channa
And that's the problem. There's not enough Exit Row to go around on CO.
That's easy. Put in more window exits!

C'mon guys & gals, laugh a little!
Old Jan 25, 2009, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Bernoulli 777
That's easy. Put in more window exits!

C'mon guys & gals, laugh a little!
The funny thing is that this already exists: It's called E+
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Updated through post 130

Last edited by J.Edward; Jan 26, 2009 at 11:35 am
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
1. On irregular ops - why does CO call mechnical delays ATC delays. Example, back from BRU on 1/19. Email received about mechnical delay 24 hours in advance, then changed to on time, then later changed to ATC delay - awaiting inbound aircraft. Hence CO would not accommodate on another carrier per CO's published 2 hour rule. Checked and other flights the night before from EWR to Europe did not have any significant delays - so weather excuse not justified.

2. PC Clubs
a. What about getting together with UA to reopen the BWI RCC which is situated between 2 CO gates at BWI. Now with UA and CO - should be enough passengers to justify. Make it a joint lounge.

b. With rumors of CO growith at LAX, how about upgrading the lounge to add showers.

3. BF Upgrade rumor
Heard rumor of more changes coming to BF upgrade policy. Any true?

Last edited by cova; Jan 26, 2009 at 12:09 pm
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cova
...3. BF Upgrade rumor
Heard rumor of more changes coming to BF upgrade policy. Any true?
I know rumors are rumors, but could you elaborate on some of the thoughts being tossed around re: upgrades?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I know rumors are rumors, but could you elaborate on some of the thoughts being tossed around re: upgrades?
This was third hand rumor. Talking to FA on flight from IAH-SEA this weekend. She said that she heard from another passenger that there was a rumor of upcoming changes to the BusinessFirst upgrade policy.

She had no specifics and I have none at all either but I could speculate. I was reluctant to post with no specifics at all, but I thought it would be worth a question at the DO.

Now whether this was confusion on the part of the person who started the rumor about the B-Up fares and Domestic First got translated to BusinessFirst by the time it got 3rd hand. The FA had no details - just passing along what another passenger (non-CO employee) told her.

Now one could speculate and think maybe CO is going to change and only allow for Y and B upgrades on international BF (with the new seats coming) - I do not know. No reason to speculate anymore other than ask a question at the DO.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:45 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by cova
What about getting together with UA to reopen the BWI RCC which is situated between 2 CO gates at BWI. Now with UA and CO - should be enough passengers to justify. Make it a joint lounge.
+1

Actually... +1000000! BWI Terminal D will be totally *A-dominated after the switch, and it would be incredibly convenient to have a club that served all three domestic *A carriers within the same terminal. I'd get a PC membership if this happened, as I spend more pre-flight time in BWI than any other airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.