Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Question & Issues You Want Answered and Addressed at DO IV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question & Issues You Want Answered and Addressed at DO IV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by Steve M
Is this still a problem? If so, it's been that way for years, and it definitely needs to be brought up at the DO. How difficult would it be to assign upgrade seats based on preferences in the passenger's profile? Once implemented, it certainly wouldn't cost anything on an ongoing basis and I think would lead to increased customer satisfaction.
Yes, this still seem to be flawed. My profile states that I prefer Aisle seats but I have been stuck with window seat in the back. The pattern I have noticed is the seats are randomly assigned from back to front (from top of the list down). I have been 1st on the stand-by list a few times where there were about 5 empty seats and ended up getting 4A or 4F while #5 on the list got 1B. Coincidentally, my favorite seat is 1B and 1E distant 2nd

Hope this issue is brought up and resolved.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:35 pm

J. Edward wrote... Okay everyone here's a rough draft of comments through post 44.

On behalf of everyone on this forum and travelers not on this forum, travelers not attending this event (probably not knowing about this event), I am sure we thank you for the summarization of issues that might be discussed. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth but will you or someone provide the results (minutes) of what the outcome of the discussion was? Maybe use this summary and record the results and indicate if it was not discussed or tabled...
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by TXbizman
J. Edward wrote... Okay everyone here's a rough draft of comments through post 44.

On behalf of everyone on this forum and travelers not on this forum, travelers not attending this event (probably not knowing about this event), I am sure we thank you for the summarization of issues that might be discussed. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth but will you or someone provide the results (minutes) of what the outcome of the discussion was? Maybe use this summary and record the results and indicate if it was not discussed or tabled...
I'm sure someone will have an aircard. IIRC last year it was sbm12 that was doing live Q&A.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
I'm sure someone will have an aircard. IIRC last year it was sbm12 that was doing live Q&A.
Glad it will be covered. Looking forward to the event, however, father is very sick and I might not make it

Mrs. Txbizman is the primary care giver and is infusing medication 6 times a day, till 10 pm. So she can't get away and we were looking forward to the event. Know any nurse available on that night?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
I can bring my laptop and Sprint Card if necessary .
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by rolov
I can bring my laptop and Sprint Card if necessary .
If you're up for being the live court reporter, I say ^ to you.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
I will also have my laptop which tethers to my BlackBerry if needed.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 6:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I did do that last year during the Larry & Jeff show, as well as a few other choice bits (MM program and BF upgrade standby to departure time) "live" from the discussion sessions. I will be bringing my laptop again this year but will be at the mercy of the WiFi service in the facility rather than using my Sprint AirCard as I no longer have that card.

But I do plan to give it a go again this year, assuming connectivity. And I see that Boingo has roaming agreements with the Marriott for Friday night as well as the Sheraton I'm staying at. Just confirmed that Boingo has a roaming agreement at the Marriott Greenspoint, so I'm covered for my connectivity.

Last edited by sbm12; Jan 28, 2009 at 6:29 am
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Updated through post 143

Last edited by J.Edward; Jan 28, 2009 at 10:56 am
Old Jan 29, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I would like to see CO.com reflect the proper mileage earning, not "actual." My flights SAT-IAH say 191 miles, and of course I get 500, but I would like to see that resolved. Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 1:30 pm
Suspended

How much does co value miles internally. For example when buying items with miles from the onepass auction.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by theblakefish
I would like to see CO.com reflect the proper mileage earning, not "actual." My flights SAT-IAH say 191 miles, and of course I get 500, but I would like to see that resolved. Thanks!
But you are only earning 191. The other 319 are bonus miles you get for being an elite. Besides, until your name gets put on the ticket the system doesn't know that you are an elite (even if you are logged in on your account during the booking process, as you might be booking for someone else) so the 191 is accurate at that point.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
One More

Will CO ever consider using a touch-tone phone system that responds to all phones? Its been reported on here, several times, that several models of BB do not interact well with the CO automated phone system.

My other question is if CO will ever implement a system to turn off the voice recognition technology (WHICH. NEVER. WORKS.) at the start of the call? The way it is now, if you call from somewhere with background news (e.g. an airport @:-)) the system thinks you're trying to tell it something and it blocks you from manually putting in the info (assuming you have a phone that works with that) then just dumps you into whatever it feels like.

Seems like two simple things that have been going on forever. I'm not sure why CO hasn't been able to figure this stuff out.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 1:00 pm

Putting this here where hopefully it will not be forgotten. It is a great suggestion, IMO.
Originally Posted by bocastephen
At the DO, will someone PLEASE implore CO management to stop auto-rolling Elite line calls to general reservations, and make it a capital crime for a general reservations agent to pretend they're Elite Desk when not.

It should be simple to reprogram the phone system to offer the following:

"Thank you for calling the Continental Airlines Elite Desk. Your business is important to us, and our Elite agents will answer your call as soon as possible. If you need immediate assistance, please press '1' to be transferred to the next available General Reservation agent, or you may continue holding for the next available Elite Desk agent"
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:12 pm

Location: Various tier levels of frequent flyer/hotel plans received for bellyaching about minor flaws in the service I received.
At one point - probably 5 years ago - I routinely got SMS (text) messages when I touched down at IAH/CLE/EWR telling me my next gate. Mysteriously that ceased. It would be nice if they resumed this, or, if they would just send out a short email, say 2 hours before a connecting flight departed, with the connecting gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.