Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Hurricane Ike CO/IAH Ops Doom and Gloom Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hurricane Ike CO/IAH Ops Doom and Gloom Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2008, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Thanks for posting the pics. I wish everyone a speedy recovery.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 2:59 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
+1 here.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 3:46 pm

Official notice - IAH reopens Monday

From the IAH/HOU website:

http://www.fly2houston.com/default.a...20080914A.html

Also in the note besides reopening and service resuming for "some" airlines (I'm assuming WN into HOU is the big exception), there are details regarding being able to fly to/from IAH/HOU despite the curfew with itinerary or, if you work at the airport, ID in hand.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Plat
Your Welcome
Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:01 pm

Programs: CO Plat, AA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Pref Sel
Thanks CO flyertalkers!

Thanks everyone - coairtul especially - for all of the up to date info on what is happening at IAH. I'm scheduled for an AUS-IAH-SEA trip tomorrow morning but it sounds like things will just barely be getting going at IAH and I think I would count myself lucky to get through there without major delays tomorrow. I called CO elite desk earlier and asked if they could book me on another airline but since my flight wasn't canceled, they said they couldn't do it. I think I'm going to try and find another way to get there tomorrow and get a credit for this trip (unless they end up canceling my flight and giving a refund).
Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:25 pm

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by dougbroda
From the IAH/HOU website:

http://www.fly2houston.com/default.a...20080914A.html

Also in the note besides reopening and service resuming for "some" airlines (I'm assuming WN into HOU is the big exception), there are details regarding being able to fly to/from IAH/HOU despite the curfew with itinerary or, if you work at the airport, ID in hand.
Some KHOU-TX live footage today showed C-17s (big USAF carg a/c) unloading at HOU, so apparently they've done the obligatory FOD walkdown (familiar to all ever aboard an aircraft carrier) and cleared any debris from the runways, taxiways and ramp.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Thanks for all your updates, coairtul. ^
Old Sep 14, 2008, 7:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club
Originally Posted by photog72
To those of you who have to drive on Houston roads, please consider intersections with no traffic lights as a 4 way stop. I don't know what the law is in Texas
The law in Texas is the same. If the traffic lights aren't working, then that intersection is a 4-way stop. This does not mean that some people won't be stupid & barrel through anyway.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 7:21 pm

Tonight's Flight 2 and 72 will launch out of HNL as scheduled for the morning arrivals into IAH on Monday...... ^

I was scheduled to operate Flight 2 last night, but will now be flying 72 out of HNL tomorrow night......

Just another day in paradise.......
Old Sep 14, 2008, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by doobierw
Tonight's Flight 2 and 72 will launch out of HNL as scheduled for the morning arrivals into IAH on Monday...... ^

I was scheduled to operate Flight 2 last night, but will now be flying 72 out of HNL tomorrow night......

Just another day in paradise.......
That's great news, both in general and for me, as I'm on CO1 on Tuesday and I'd like them to have a day of ops under their belt just in case.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 7:31 pm

Programs: CO Silver, Miles and More Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
That's great news, both in general and for me, as I'm on CO1 on Tuesday and I'd like them to have a day of ops under their belt just in case.
I think that since CO#2 is going and that your metal to IAH is most likely not in IAH now, I think you will be fine...though you never know

ps:

enjoy your trip while the rest of us bums have to work
Old Sep 14, 2008, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
I have a friend in Hilshire Village who has their power back up and running.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 8:04 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I have a friend in Hilshire Village who has their power back up and running.
Fat chance of that happening anytime soon on the sandbar

Still stranded at BDL ..... not that going home is an option at the moment

EmailKid
Old Sep 14, 2008, 8:21 pm

Programs: nada
CRNK here---I left Houston around 1 today, decided to drive up to family in Dallas to wait out the power issues. I'll probably return when we have power again, but who knows when that will be.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT; CO Gold
Well, looks like reservations may have led me astray last night -- CO 2 and 72 and still showing as on-time this afternoon. Oh well, my office is still closed, I don't know if I have power back home, I'm enjoying another couple days in Hawaii with my wife, and I have a confirmed ticket out on Tuesday. Works for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.