Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Same Day Stand-By

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:45 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Programs: CO Platinum or UA 1K for so long, now almost 2MM
back to the fee...

How come CO.com has been offering me SDC for $0?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA
You might be flying on a refundable fare.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 7:31 pm

Location: out my front door 60 min prior to IAH flight until they increased the check in time to 45 min
Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
You might be flying on a refundable fare.

No chance of that !!
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: CO PE, DL PM
Originally Posted by farenthold
On the other hand, I think a fee to change connecting flights is a big load you know what. If your flight gets in to IAH, EWR, CLE early and you can get an earlier fight to your final destination you should be able to do that, for free, and without the hassle of the paper (err computer) work involved in collecting this fee.
I have been bitten by this enough times to start booking all my flights on Delta. I really like Continental as an airline, and think they do a great job, but the inconvenient flights schedules, small aircraft for my routes, and this stupid fee on changing a connecting flight has really put a damper on my loyalty.

The 12hr SDC does absolutely no good if all the flights for the day are booked solid.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Originally Posted by arisaa
How come CO.com has been offering me SDC for $0?
You sure it's not refundable? What's the route?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 10:51 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by najay
I have been bitten by this enough times to start booking all my flights on Delta. I really like Continental as an airline, and think they do a great job, but the inconvenient flights schedules, small aircraft for my routes, and this stupid fee on changing a connecting flight has really put a damper on my loyalty.

The 12hr SDC does absolutely no good if all the flights for the day are booked solid.
I defected to DL last July due to the initiation of the "stupid fee" and have been very happy. I am 100% on upgrades as a Gold, even on DL Shuttle. I love the free SDC on DL and have taken advantage many times. I find the service no worse than CO, and the AVOD on transcons is quite nice.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 11:03 pm

Trust me this was a cheap non-ref fare

Originally Posted by texd
You sure it's not refundable? What's the route?
I'm on CO 881 at 3pm Thursday and it's offering me....

$0 /per traveler
Confirmed Seat
Depart: Arrive: Flight: CO 611
5:30 AM 8:30 AM Status On Time
Thu., Jan 08, 2009 Thu., Jan 08, 2009 Aircraft: 757-200
Newark-Liberty Intl Houston-Bush Intl View Seats

$0 /per traveler
Confirmed Seat
Depart: Arrive: Flight: CO 1411
6:25 AM 9:33 AM Status On Time
Thu., Jan 08, 2009 Thu., Jan 08, 2009 Aircraft: 757-200

$0 /per traveler
Confirmed Seat
Depart: Arrive: Flight: CO 211
7:30 AM 10:30 AM Status On Time
Thu., Jan 08, 2009 Thu., Jan 08, 2009 Aircraft: 767-200

$0 /per traveler
Confirmed Seat
Depart: Arrive: Flight: CO 1011
8:50 AM 12:02 PM Status On Time
Thu., Jan 08, 2009 Thu., Jan 08, 2009 Aircraft: 737-800
Old Aug 8, 2009, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
$0 SDC fee

were any of your flights overbooked?
I have seen this option pop up during OLCI asking if I want to change flights... I think it was $0 fee.

I wonder if this is done when a flight is over sold and they want to move some passengers to flights with room...
Old Aug 9, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
The $0 fee means you have a refundable/fully-changeable fare, IME.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by hobo13
I've got a similar situation coming up next week.

Currently, I'm booked to fly the red-eye LAX-CLE on Tuesday night, connecting to CLE-MHT on the first flight Weds AM. It's possible that my meeting in LA may get done super early, such that I can catch either the 7AM or 3PM LAX-CLE flight. If I make the early LAX-CLE, there is also a CLE-MHT I could take on Tuesday evening. If I get there in time for the 3pm LAX-CLE, I would stay with friends in CLE before continuing onto MHT as regularly scheduled the next morning. Either way, my primary objective is to avoid the red-eye. In case it matters, I'm on a O/W ticket in V class, with Silver Elite status on NW.

My question -- will they allow me to standby for either of the two earlier flights to CLE? Does the connecting flight to MHT, which happens to be the next day, cause a problem? What should I expect?
Same situation here too. I have an upcoming SAT-IAH-PVR trip and was wondering if I could do SDC for just the SAT-IAH segment the day before and keep the originally planned IAH-PVR for the day after.

I called the Elite desk and they told me I couldn't SDC for just the first segment and that I would have to SDC the whole way through to PVR. The agent mentioned that this is because of the fare rules for the E fare that I purchased. Does anyone know if this is true?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.