Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New livery sighting

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I'm pretty sure the Ghetto bird will be doing the IAH-LIM runs.
You are correct!

Originally Posted by CO777DAL
Here is the first United 767-300 in Continental Livery.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flydolc...l-1489853@N25/

Shes looking good! Sharp plane. Now if only the inside can look as new as the outside...
She does look sharp.. Just way too much white..
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I'm pretty sure the Ghetto bird will be doing the IAH-LIM runs.
That's a long flight - hope they count it as Region 1 (UDU eligible, can use CR-1) and not Region 2 (Systemwides/W fares and up)
All of LatAm is excluded from CR-1s/UDU, I believe. LIM definitely is.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
With bad a/c and expensive upgrading, that's probably the single worst int'l route in the system then!
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I love the proportions of the 767-300ER. The new colors look great on it.

By the way, the first 747-400 should be out within the next few days. Can't wait to see that one.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Wow! Color me surprised! It looks just as terrible as EVERY OTHER PLANE in this horrible livery. The inside of the UA 767 trumps this ugly, dated, piece of crap of a livery.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ROBEAR
+1. At the end of the day it's just paint.
OK then, if it's "Just paint" then why do you people keep complaining about the old Battleship Grey planes UA was on their way to repainting until Jeff Smisek stuck his head where it didnt belong? Ohhhhh but when it involves precious CO, it's "just paint, come on guys live with it". But when it's United, it's evil, ugly, and needs to go. Yeah, we get it. In the meantime, I'll keep criticising this "just paint" for what it really is: absolute trash and not United Airlines.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by UAL awesome
Wow! Color me surprised! It looks just as terrible as EVERY OTHER PLANE in this horrible livery. The inside of the UA 767 trumps this ugly, dated, piece of crap of a livery.

Will you be gracing Delta with your presence?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Rumor is that N127UA (744) will be making a debut with the new livery on Feb 22.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
OK then, if it's "Just paint" then why do you people keep complaining about the old Battleship Grey planes
I suspect that stems from two things: first, it was taking UA FOREVER to get their planes in a single livery. Second, the condition of the paint on some of those aircraft was downright embarrassing. Even the ugliest Braniff plane looks better than a plane with half it's paint faded and/or peeled off.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:13 pm
Suspended

OK then, if it's "Just paint" then why do you people keep complaining about the old Battleship Grey planes UA was on their way to repainting until Jeff Smisek stuck his head where it didnt belong? Ohhhhh but when it involves precious CO, it's "just paint, come on guys live with it". But when it's United, it's evil, ugly, and needs to go. Yeah, we get it. In the meantime, I'll keep criticising this "just paint" for what it really is: absolute trash and not United Airlines.
This has disgruntled employee (or ex-employee) written all over it. Maybe a 16 year old dependent.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, cares this much.

Here's the gut check. Tilton conceded this to the CO folks. If you're mad at someone, you should be pissed at your own former management.

The discussion should be over.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 7:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flg8rmatt
I suspect that stems from two things: first, it was taking UA FOREVER to get their planes in a single livery. Second, the condition of the paint on some of those aircraft was downright embarrassing. Even the ugliest Braniff plane looks better than a plane with half it's paint faded and/or peeled off.
Odd, it took CO years to repaint their own planes the last time they bothered to change their livery, yet nobody .....ed then. DL, WN, and US all have taken a similar amount of time to repaint their planes, yet UA is the only one who gets constantly bashed about it. UA was repainting many of the Battleship Grey birds until Smisek came around. The fleet would probably be almost done by now had this mess not happend.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 8:13 pm

Because none of DL, WN or US took this long, and their former liveries were still kept in reasonable state.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
Odd, it took CO years to repaint their own planes the last time they bothered to change their livery
When was that? 1995? (it's an honest question...I started flying CO in 1996 while I was in college).

I think forming and then killing Ted had much more of an impact on the battleship grey scheme sticking around than anything else. Repainting the Ted planes became a priority.

Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Because none of DL, WN or US took this long, and their former liveries were still kept in reasonable state.
Actually, US still hasn't finished. They put all their repainting on hold. There are still some US east aircraft in the old US Airways livery. All the old HP planes were repainted of course.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA Global Services
My just paint comment was meant to say just that ... It's just paint. Honestly I care more about safety than livery. Paint is cool on special planes like retro and pink crazy planes special edition. If people care about paint...then they probably care that every erj has grey and blue seats intermixed. Seriously...sometimes these posts are waste of bandwidth
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA Global Services
Also. I can only image what happens when boarding pass colors change. Same with ff program name. I care about things...but not that much.

Maybe if every plane was painted like airforce one...that would be cool. When I have my millions I will buy/lease a 747 and do it. Mark ecko did it for publicity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.