Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New livery sighting

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

New livery sighting

10/3/10, IAH Terminal C near gate 34 (that's what we were coming in to), about 6pm. Neglected to write down the aircraft number, sorry, but they're getting in to circulation pretty quickly. United on the body, CO globe on the tail.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: CO Plat, *Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Do you mean the new United branded bird with the CO logo on the tail?

I saw it today coming into to IAH from a CLE flight.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
I saw it yesterday afternoon at ORD.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:24 am

There is one at Term C at IAH again today (the 4th) about 11:30 AM. Was in the car driving around to term A/B so I don't know the gate.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:34 am

Location: KFST (Nrst=KMAF) or wherever the airplane just took me from there.; PWP Botmaster
Programs: Pre Merger - CO Plat/1MM/STAR. Post Merger - UA 1K/2MM.
Aircraft 422 (737-900ER) seen at IAH on C37, 12:30pm 10/4.

Aircraft COEX157 (ERJ-145XR) seen at IAH on B84, 12:30pm, 10/4.

Aircraft 124 (757-200) whereabouts unknown, 12:30pm 10/4.

Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:47 am

I just read a FIL/Memo that ExpressJet will be painting all of their E145s by November and they are painting the winglets now unfortunately removing the "ExpressJet" on the engine nacelles due to the recent acquisition by AtlanticSoutheastAirlines (ASA).
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: AF Plat, SPG Titanium
Originally Posted by COFreqFlyer
Aircraft 422 (737-900ER) seen at IAH on C37, 12:30pm 10/4.

Heh, I'd actually just arrived from MSY on it. There were a couple of confused faces at the gate there when it first turned up.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by usa18dca
I just read a FIL/Memo that ExpressJet will be painting all of their E145s by November
They are going to get 200 planes painted in 8 weeks?? Wow!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
Painting planes fast is COs thing. read Bethune's book "Worst to First". he details out how a key point to turning CO around was to paint all the planes very fast,like priority one to help foster the team spirit and have aeveryone on the same page. Also customers all felt good about haveing familiar surroundings. Like all mcdonald's you can count on the same taste no matter where. or all Courtyard hotels have the same soaps and shampoo.

Then look at UA and they have several paint schemse floating around today taking away from a brand strategy.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
Are they just painting CO planes, or are they re-doing UA equipment at the same time? It's one thing if you're a CO customer and a newly painted plane shows up at a CO gate in, say, IAH or EWR. It would be quite another if you're a UA customer and a newly painted plane shows up a UA gate in, say, ORD or SFO. A much more jarring experience for the UA customer, I'd think.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:53 am

Location: KFST (Nrst=KMAF) or wherever the airplane just took me from there.; PWP Botmaster
Originally Posted by skipmnyc
Are they just painting CO planes, or are they re-doing UA equipment at the same time? It's one thing if you're a CO customer and a newly painted plane shows up at a CO gate in, say, IAH or EWR. It would be quite another if you're a UA customer and a newly painted plane shows up a UA gate in, say, ORD or SFO. A much more jarring experience for the UA customer, I'd think.
Interesting thing to do will be to watch flightaware for Amarillo and see what all starts flying in there under non-scheduled flight numbers.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cbechdel
Painting planes fast is COs thing.
Yup, and they apparently have 5 lines set up at AMA to do the work. Still doesn't seem feasible to get 200 planes painted in 8 weeks. Each line would have to do a plane a day and that's just the ERJs.

There were two more 738s that went in to AMA this week but also a couple that came out pretty quick. I don't think they were in long enough to get the paint job.
Originally Posted by skipmnyc
Are they just painting CO planes, or are they re-doing UA equipment at the same time?
Everything is going to be painted. Folks are going to have to start getting used to the new livery eventually; may as well start now.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
There were two more 738s that went in to AMA this week but also a couple that came out pretty quick. I don't think they were in long enough to get the paint job.
Looks like another 738 just went up there this morning.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA
It's amusing that the new paint jobs do nothing to influence a customer at the point of sale, yet they seem to be on a more aggressive schedule than the LiveTV and lie flat rollouts, which could actually drive revenue.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Oh dear. Given the pitiful state of the paint job on those old UA birds, I think it would be better to focus on only repainting UA planes for the time being. I say let the CO planes continue to say Continental for as long as possible. Personally, I threw up in my mouth a little the first time I saw a CO bird with that shameful name on it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.