Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best seat on 777 biz with new BF layout?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2010, 1:13 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Tries 8D in the new flat bed. Loved it!!
The cutout really helps if you are taller.

I might be a new fan of the this smaller BF cabin!!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:32 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by XUPhilly
Be warned, however, that is 1E is empty people may try and climb over you to use the bathroom, I noticed it a few times!
I've been in that situation. Next time I have a chance of being in that situation, I'm bringing some yellow "Police-do not cross" and taping the arm of 1E to the bulkhead!
Old Jul 29, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I've been in that situation. Next time I have a chance of being in that situation, I'm bringing some yellow "Police-do not cross" and taping the arm of 1E to the bulkhead!
They should let people know there is a narrow walkway between 1DE and the forward galley that allows passengers on the right side of the BF cabin to access the lav to the left of 1D without disturbing either the passengers in 1DE or the galley crew. It's very convenient, but if you don' t walk past 1DE you might not even see that it's there!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: United 1k, BA Gold, LX Senator, Flying Blue Plat, IHG Plat. Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by st530
They should let people know there is a narrow walkway between 1DE and the forward galley that allows passengers on the right side of the BF cabin to access the lav to the left of 1D without disturbing either the passengers in 1DE or the galley crew. It's very convenient, but if you don' t walk past 1DE you might not even see that it's there!
Funny enough the FA's one one of my segments were actively turning people away from doing that as they didn't want people to use that route!

I'm trying out the seats on the 757 on Sunday- looking forward to comparing the seats between planes.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 6:47 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
It's been mentioned 8DE are good seats for the larger seat cut outs. Is this true as well for 8a-b; 8k-l?

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2010, 7:55 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by nyc6035
It's been mentioned 8DE are good seats for the larger seat cut outs. Is this true as well for 8a-b; 8k-l?

Thanks
Yes...as is the case for all bulkheads...
Old Aug 7, 2010, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I'm thinking of going with 8DE for our dayflight from Brussels to Newark, but would you recommend it aswell for a nightflight? Maybe to close to the galley?

Is row 2 and 3 then better for sleeping?
Old Aug 7, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
I just flew to HKG and was all excited because I was able to secure the bulkhead in the new BF with the bigger cutout. All of a sudden I was in the President's Club before my flight and my name was being announced to come to the front desk because I had a phone call. Who could be calling me? It was the BF concierge asking if I would switch my seat to accommodate a family from 8D to 11E. I was just happy she did not say I was downgraded because I could not imagine why I was getting a call. I will always move when requested because I would hope somebody would do it for me if I traveled with my family. I know I read on here that the cutout in the B, E and K seats is not as large due to the angle of the seats (certainly smaller than the bulkheads) and I am tall (6'2") with big feet (size 12). I am happy to report that while the cutout is smaller I did not have any problem with my feet and slept like a baby. Also I heard no noise from Y and had amazing FAs that made for a most enjoyable flight. So the moral of the story is as long as your are not taller than me with bigger feet, any seat should be fine in the new BF.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by fly_ebos
I'm thinking of going with 8DE for our dayflight from Brussels to Newark, but would you recommend it aswell for a nightflight? Maybe to close to the galley?

Is row 2 and 3 then better for sleeping?
8D,E are definitely great! However, the galley lights are easily visible.
If lights bother you while sleeping, then go for rows 3/4 which are in the middle of the front cabin.

I did 8E from NRT today and slept 7 hours straght!!

Originally Posted by sjmoss23
I just flew to HKG and was all excited because I was able to secure the bulkhead in the new BF with the bigger cutout. All of a sudden I was in the President's Club before my flight and my name was being announced to come to the front desk because I had a phone call. Who could be calling me? It was the BF concierge asking if I would switch my seat to accommodate a family from 8D to 11E. I was just happy she did not say I was downgraded because I could not imagine why I was getting a call. I will always move when requested because I would hope somebody would do it for me if I traveled with my family. I know I read on here that the cutout in the B, E and K seats is not as large due to the angle of the seats (certainly smaller than the bulkheads) and I am tall (6'2") with big feet (size 12). I am happy to report that while the cutout is smaller I did not have any problem with my feet and slept like a baby. Also I heard no noise from Y and had amazing FAs that made for a most enjoyable flight. So the moral of the story is as long as your are not taller than me with bigger feet, any seat should be fine in the new BF.
Good for you to help other people sit together.^
I am amazed your feet fit well being a size 12!!
With the non-bulkheads in the new BF, my problem is my feet fitting well (same size as you are).
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
I finally had a chance to fly(sleep) on new LFB seat this this summer.

My son and I flew back from NRT - upgrade notice came just 3 days prior to departure, but luckily enough rear bulkhead seats (8A/B) were still available, so I snugged them.

These photos by Non-TypiCal F/A were very helpful to decide which seats to select.

Among these photos, 6th one shows the seats 2A/B(there is a lav door in front so it is not 8A/B), and next one below (7th from top) shows non-bulkhead seats on left side (3-5A/B, or 9-11A/B).

If you compare these two photos, (as most of you already pointed out) it is obvious the cutout for both bed leg space and "under the seat" storage space are wider in bulkhead seats, but not only that, a small shelf under the screen monitor are also wider.

And there is no lav in front of 8A/B, you don't need to worry about a waiting line.

Off topic, one thing we learned in hard way is, anything put on that small shelf under the monitor can fly off the shelf during take-off, and once it goes under the seat, it is very hard to find and take out.
My son left his Nintendo DS and its game pack cases on the shelf, and everything flew off the shelf (as well as newspapers, meal menu etc. from my shelf).
After belt sign went off, he could pick up most of them, but couldn't find his game case (dark color) went under his seat. FA kindly let him use her flash light, then he had to use long stick(pen/pencil) to dig it out from under the seat...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:16 pm

Does anyone know if there are certain routes that are more likely to have the 772s with the new flat bed BF configuration? For example, since EWR-HKG is such a premier business route, is it more likely to have the new config? I'm going to HKG from BOS (likely via EWR) in 2 weeks, and want to make sure I can get the new seats if possible.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by bigdeal16
Does anyone know if there are certain routes that are more likely to have the 772s with the new flat bed BF configuration? For example, since EWR-HKG is such a premier business route, is it more likely to have the new config? I'm going to HKG from BOS (likely via EWR) in 2 weeks, and want to make sure I can get the new seats if possible.
Only routes that are guaranteed with new seats are the EWR-LHR and IAH-LHR flights (and the return trips too).

EWR-HKG is not guaranteed with the new seats.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by snod08
Tries 8D in the new flat bed. Loved it!!
The cutout really helps if you are taller.

I might be a new fan of the this smaller BF cabin!!
My 6 foot 2 in ch frame will test out 8D on my weekend MR return from IAH to EWR. Thanks for the tip.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by elitefreak
My 6 foot 2 in ch frame will test out 8D on my weekend MR return from IAH to EWR. Thanks for the tip.
You should be pretty comfortable. I'm 6' 1" and rode 8E from IAH to LHR a couple days ago, and was fine. The extra leg/foot room in the ottoman was most welcome.

The only complaint I had about the seat was the fact that the headrest seems to get in the way if you are a side sleeper. I like to tuck my arm up under my head when rolled on one side, and the headrest is in a horrible position to allow you to do so. I wish that the headrest pillow could be removed somehow.

Other than that, the seat was very comfortable. I probably spent more time with it in recliner mode than actually sleeping.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I've now tried both 8DE and 1DE a couple of times each and I have to say that I like the D seats marginally better (putting aside the location of the lav next to 1D, which is a separate consideration). The cutout is slightly larger, which makes it better for sleeping, and the footrest in the non-sleeping position is "fuller" (hard to describe what I mean without a photo to compare the two), so it allows one to stretch the legs out more easily. The E seat, by contrast, has a curved shape for the footrest that requires a longer stretch to get the right leg onto it comfortably (at least for relatively short people; I'm 5'11"). But believe me, I am getting into the really fine distinctions here; overall both seats are great, as are the new seats generally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.