Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best seat on 777 biz with new BF layout?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
Based on the photo provided (link in my earlier post), it looks like open to the side.
Yikes, you're right. But it looks like 2A is still far enough away from the door, and I'd rather have the larger ottoman. Thank you.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: CO Plat, AA GLD
1K vs 11J,F,D

I have a choice on an crowded upcoming trip between the front bulkhead right side and the back row. Does the galley (light, noise, etc.) effect 1K. Is the back of the second cabin noiser, lighter etc. due to proximity to curtains to coach (were I usually fly, so no disparagement of coach intended)?

Any thoughts would be welcome as the bulkhead seat probably won't be open for long.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by saathich
I have a choice on an crowded upcoming trip between the front bulkhead right side and the back row. Does the galley (light, noise, etc.) effect 1K. Is the back of the second cabin noiser, lighter etc. due to proximity to curtains to coach (were I usually fly, so no disparagement of coach intended)?

Any thoughts would be welcome as the bulkhead seat probably won't be open for long.
The right-side forward bulkhead seats don't get too much light or noise from the forward galley on overnight flights due to a curtain the flight crew usually runs out over there once meal service has concluded.

If light and noise is a concern, I would recommend the forward bulkhead versus the rear cabin. I have not noticed curtains on either entrance to that mid-BF cabin galley; in fact, on my first experience in the new BF layout, I had a little trouble sleeping in 8E due to the light.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
Thinking either 5A or 8L (wanted 1L but alas it's taken) but i guess my question would be how easy/difficult it really is to get out of your seat if the person in the aisle seat is reclined and sleeping?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: CO Plat, AA GLD
Thanks, appreciate the quick reply and good input. I am going to go with 1K.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 4:09 pm

Programs: CO Platinum
Seat 8B Ship 16 broken

Anybody flying on ship 16 in the next few days would be best advised to stay away from 8B. The reclining switches do not work. I pointed it out to two FAs and neither seemed to make a note of it . They simply offered to manually put the seat down to the full recline, kind of like it wasn't really important to be able to operate the seat electronically.

Luckily the flight was EWR-IAH but I'd bet a buck that somebody got stuck in it for 10 + hours after my flight.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, 2MM, Ritz/Marriott Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Which BF Seat should I choose???

Choices left: 2B, 2 or 3K in the front cabin, or my current 8D in the second cabin?? Need you opinions today please!! @:-)@:-)
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Originally Posted by sockster
Choices left: 2B, 2 or 3K in the front cabin, or my current 8D in the second cabin?? Need you opinions today please!! @:-)@:-)
2B is a bulkhead seat, 2K and 3K aren't. So my call is 2B, if you can get it.
(It is usually blocked until 24hrs prior to the departure)
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:16 pm

I don't see anything wrong with 8D, I'd just keep that.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: United Global Services, UA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by sockster
2B might be tempting, but keep in mind that your "bulkhead" is actually the lav on the other side of the wall and you might get annoyed by the constant flow of people opening and closing the door (and the flushing ).

8D, at least, has the lav diagonal from it, so not as close, but you're still on the other side of the lav and service galley. If you prefer aisle over window, then I'd say take this.

Otherwise take 2K or 3K - I flew 2J/K last week and it's just a fine place to be...no disturbances.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
We've done our BRU-EWR-BRU on the 777 BizFirst and wanted to give you my experience. On both flight we were seated on 8D and 8E. They are great seats but only for daytime flights. We were bothered during the night by pax standing at the door waiting for the toilets or flight attendants chatting noisely. On a night flight we'de prefer a seat in either row 9 or row 4.

Overall the BF experience was really nice. FA's attentive, food okay (not exceptional), generous drink serving.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by fly_ebos
We've done our BRU-EWR-BRU on the 777 BizFirst and wanted to give you my experience. On both flight we were seated on 8D and 8E. They are great seats but only for daytime flights. We were bothered during the night by pax standing at the door waiting for the toilets or flight attendants chatting noisely. On a night flight we'de prefer a seat in either row 9 or row 4.

Overall the BF experience was really nice. FA's attentive, food okay (not exceptional), generous drink serving.
I always go for 8D because of the larger footwell. If you're tall (as I am) I find the footwell in the non-bulkhead rows to be too small. And the center section means there's no one climbing over you to get out. The lav is far enough away that it doesn't bother me, and any noise from the galley is the FA's getting ready for a meal service when you'd want to be up anyway. There's an FA seat diagonal from 8D, but they have a curtain they can pull around it, so the light doesn't bother you.

(Edited to add this note) - All my BF trips are ultra long haul (e.g., DEL, HKG) so there are long periods when the lights are out and there is no FA activity. That probably makes it easier for me to sleep in 8D when that might not be the case on a EWR-Western Europe trip that takes half the time.

Last edited by tarheelnj; Mar 4, 2011 at 8:10 am
Old Mar 4, 2011, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by fly_ebos

I've also had some trouble sleeping on the aisle seats (bulkhead or otherwise) in the rear cabin; the lack of a curtain means a lot of light from the galley seeps in back there. I slept like a rock in 5E on my last IAH-FRA leg, though.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
I've also had some trouble sleeping on the aisle seats (bulkhead or otherwise) in the rear cabin; the lack of a curtain means a lot of light from the galley seeps in back there.
You didn't get an amenity kit? It comes with both eye shades and earplugs, so I can't have a lot of sympathy for complaints about lights or noise. And if you don't like the shades/plugs that come in the kit, get your own, they do make better ones and they're not that expensive.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
You didn't get an amenity kit? It comes with both eye shades and earplugs, so I can't have a lot of sympathy for complaints about lights or noise. And if you don't like the shades/plugs that come in the kit, get your own, they do make better ones and they're not that expensive.
I agree that the eye masks and earplugs help. I wasn't looking for sympathy, just pointing out that light sleepers might still have issues in the rear cabin. If that is a concern for someone, they should probably try to stick to the forward cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.