Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best seat on 777 biz with new BF layout?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
So i have my choice of the entire cabin on EWR-NRT. 8A and B the best choices? Will there be a great view on either side of the cabin? Sun a factor?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by njxbean
So i have my choice of the entire cabin on EWR-NRT. 8A and B the best choices? Will there be a great view on either side of the cabin? Sun a factor?
I like 8L, I had great views of the Rockies and Alaska when I flew IAH-NRT last month.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Daytime flight the whole way in summer, but sun should not be a factor. Over barren tundra of northern Canada and Alaska most of the way. Little difference from either side. Flights into NRT usually come in from the east, you'll see the coast, then very green farmlands from either side of the plane, before the sharp left and usual landing to the SE. No major city, just pretty farmland.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by rkkwan
Daytime flight the whole way in summer, but sun should not be a factor. Over barren tundra of northern Canada and Alaska most of the way. Little difference from either side. Flights into NRT usually come in from the east, you'll see the coast, then very green farmlands from either side of the plane, before the sharp left and usual landing to the SE. No major city, just pretty farmland.
Thanks. How about the way back? is it the same?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I prefer 8E if you do not want the window. The lav on the starboard side is larger. I'd probably go for 8L if you want the window.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Thanks. How about the way back? is it the same?
Coming back, the flight path is further south, so there's a likely a short night, even in summer. Flight path may be over southern Alaska and then direct across middle of Canada, or further south along the coast. Again, not that much to see.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: *
Another seating question
-deleted-

Last edited by ani90; Jun 24, 2011 at 8:28 pm Reason: no one cared to answer and was overtaken by events
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:57 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
My EWR-TLV upgrade finally cleared. I have the option of 1D/E or 8D/E. I'm a light sleeper and 6'4"; which out of the four seats
-is longest
-has the biggest footwell
-has the least amount of light/noise disturbance for sleeping

I usually use eyeshades, earplugs/headphones, and a little ambien, but want the most space and best sleep possible (and with the 4pm departure, it may be a little tough).

I'll be traveling with my fiance, and I'm hoping the other seat of the pair won't be too horrible for her...
Old Aug 5, 2011, 4:46 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by Peatisback
My EWR-TLV upgrade finally cleared. I have the option of 1D/E or 8D/E. I'm a light sleeper and 6'4"; which out of the four seats
-is longest
-has the biggest footwell
-has the least amount of light/noise disturbance for sleeping

I usually use eyeshades, earplugs/headphones, and a little ambien, but want the most space and best sleep possible (and with the 4pm departure, it may be a little tough).

I'll be traveling with my fiance, and I'm hoping the other seat of the pair won't be too horrible for her...
8E will be your best bet.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by snod08
:-:
Old Aug 5, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by snod08
Originally Posted by sbm12
:-:
How is 8K? I have a flight EWR-NRT and just upgraded. I was in 2B awhile back and 3D recently. I felt 2B had less space and 3D's footrest is tiny. 8E isn't avail so I wondered how 8E was?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by mh3265a
How is 8K? I have a flight EWR-NRT and just upgraded. I was in 2B awhile back and 3D recently. I felt 2B had less space and 3D's footrest is tiny. 8E isn't avail so I wondered how 8E was?
You'll be OK in 8K. It also has the large footwell so that's good. I think that a tiny bit more light/noise from the galley ends up in the seats on the side over there but still not bad and worth it for the better foot space.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by sbm12
You'll be OK in 8K. It also has the large footwell so that's good. I think that a tiny bit more light/noise from the galley ends up in the seats on the side over there but still not bad and worth it for the better foot space.
Thanks for the feedback! I will stick with the seat
Old Aug 5, 2011, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Here's a picture of the 8K/L footwell.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Aug 6, 2011, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Here's a picture of the 8K/L footwell.

[IMG][/IMG]
Great pic! Thanks again. 8Ls footrest seems odd....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.