Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Mackieman, a new chain is invading central texas with chicken strips, it is Raising Cane's

If you have a bush's near you in AUS, FORGET IT! It is nothing compared to Bush's Chicken strips.

Review:
Chicken strips(only kind of chicken they have) - B they are a little on the small side which is fine, but the breading is a bit soggy and not as crisp as I'd like.

coleslaw - Horrible, I had to add salt and lemon juice to make it edible, and it is the diced style which is not my favorite in the first place. Good thing it comes in such a small container. (3.25oz container)

fries - crinkle cut, actually they were good

Cane's Sauce - their special 'secret sauce' it is a very high on black pepper Louisiana style remoulade that is really nothing special, I MADE it special however by putting Smoked Chipotle Tabasco and a hint of agave nectar, that kicked it up a bit and made it quite nice, however for the fat content there, might as well just have ketchup.

Texas toast - what can I say it is Texas Toast.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
If I could register for firepower, I most certainly would have by now. @:-) Ruger SR9, a Kimber or two, an SSG5000 sniper rifle, couple of Remington trap guns, a Mossberg home defense kit...teh list goes on and on.
I miss my Mossberg home defense shotgun - had to sell when I was moving onto state government property temporarily
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
No damage at PSP condo. ^
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Trustguy
Always good to hear.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Mackieman
For Marriott, it works a little differently. Essentially, you sign up for it, and your guests buy you stuff that you've added to your list. Marriott then gives you a gift card for the amount that people have given that you can use any way you choose, meaning you don't have to actually do the stuff you put on your list. While it doesn't help your immediate honeymoon needs, it may come in handy down the light.
Bookmarked. ^ Never did consider a non-honeymoon use for it. Thank you, sir.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Mackieman, a new chain is invading central texas with chicken strips, it is Raising Cane's

If you have a bush's near you in AUS, FORGET IT! It is nothing compared to Bush's Chicken strips.

Review:
Chicken strips(only kind of chicken they have) - B they are a little on the small side which is fine, but the breading is a bit soggy and not as crisp as I'd like.

coleslaw - Horrible, I had to add salt and lemon juice to make it edible, and it is the diced style which is not my favorite in the first place. Good thing it comes in such a small container. (3.25oz container)

fries - crinkle cut, actually they were good

Cane's Sauce - their special 'secret sauce' it is a very high on black pepper Louisiana style remoulade that is really nothing special, I MADE it special however by putting Smoked Chipotle Tabasco and a hint of agave nectar, that kicked it up a bit and made it quite nice, however for the fat content there, might as well just have ketchup.

Texas toast - what can I say it is Texas Toast.
Dually noted. Did they start in CLL? Mrs. Mackie was mentioning something about it, and I saw one advertised there yesterday. But yeah, we'll be sticking with Bush's, as it really doesn't get better.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by icurhere2
I miss my Mossberg home defense shotgun - had to sell when I was moving onto state government property temporarily
I could go for one of these.

FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bookmarked. ^ Never did consider a non-honeymoon use for it. Thank you, sir.
Also, they're running a promo that if your account reaches $1000, Marriott will give you another $100. Plus, people who donate will get 20 MR points per dollar spent. It's a great way for folks (like me) who would like to get you and Copa Connection a little something to do so and further our own travel ends.
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by Trustguy
I felt the quake at my office today It was a nice "ride" and a good reason to get out and socialize a little

Glad there are no damages...
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Now I got to get my money back from US.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Good Evening Box.

Question for the more technically minded among us:

Our IT people sent out an email today warning us not to let the battery on an HP laptop discharge all the way down to 0%. They claim they received some sort of bulletin from HP that this could potentially cause damage to the laptop and/or the battery. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also, they're running a promo that if your account reaches $1000, Marriott will give you another $100. Plus, people who donate will get 20 MR points per dollar spent. It's a great way for folks (like me) who would like to get you and Copa Connection a little something to do so and further our own travel ends.
Very compelling arguments you make. Do you lay out facts at the same skill level that you are reputed to grill yummeh animals? As far as getting us anything, I have nothing else to say right now but thank you for the thought. I will at some point yet TBD know whether or not there will be a Box wedding contingent. If Teh Box's attendance at the wedding itself INP, there will certainly be an event in its place.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adelauro
Good Evening Box.

Question for the more technically minded among us:

Our IT people sent out an email today warning us not to let the battery on an HP laptop discharge all the way down to 0%. They claim they received some sort of bulletin from HP that this could potentially cause damage to the laptop and/or the battery. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?
It's possible. Some of the circuitry used in batteries doesn't play well with others when the battery is completely discharged. But I'd have to see the actual HP bulletin to know.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very compelling arguments you make. Do you lay out facts at the same skill level that you are reputed to grill yummeh animals?
I do indeed. Also, I think the experience this evening is more driven by the fact that I am completely exhausted and additional details come to mind about 45 seconds after I submit a post.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Dually noted. Did they start in CLL? Mrs. Mackie was mentioning something about it, and I saw one advertised there yesterday. But yeah, we'll be sticking with Bush's, as it really doesn't get better.
Looks like they started just outside of the LSU campus, which explains the 'secret sauce' exactly

CLL isn't all that far if you make it across the swamps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.