Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by mersk862
I wish UA would match DL/FL/F9/YX/etc. on the $119 MSP-MKEs...
$119 fare is a fantastic use of a $100 Type B voucher and BD *Gold card
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question for the Hyatt part of teh Box - just confirming UA is the best option when one's blown through the five AA stays.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by icurhere2
Question for the Hyatt part of teh Box - just confirming UA is the best option when one's blown through the five AA stays.
As of right now, I don't accumulate UA miles, so I can't help you there. I am doing SPG stays during July to get a second free night.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:26 pm
xFF

Programs: UA lifetime 1K
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
I got to play with a registry gun tonight
I'm sure it's just a term of art with which I am unfamiliar, but I can dream that, instead of a crystal punch bowl, your registry entails firepower.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:29 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by sbm12
The ones I have are the Shure E210s. B&H has them for $99. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Isolating.html
Can't go wrong there - I used to have the prior model that was the equivalent (e3c, IIRC).

I got upgrade-itis and splurged on the SE530s a few years ago when I picked up my high-travel job. The only thing better are my Sennheisers I have at home.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xFF
I'm sure it's just a term of art with which I am unfamiliar, but I can dream that, instead of a crystal punch bowl, your registry entails firepower.
Sadly no - "registry gun" is really a scanner where one walks around the store where one's registered (e.g. Macy's) to create a list.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Trustguy
As of right now, I don't accumulate UA miles, so I can't help you there. I am doing SPG stays during July to get a second free night.
UA is offering 1,000 bonus miles - I have two very low cost stays (e.g. BOI was $52) that need something more than 300 Hyatt GP points.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:34 pm
xFF

Programs: UA lifetime 1K
Sadly no - "registry gun" is really a scanner where one walks around the store where one's registered (e.g. Macy's) to create a list.
Yeah, I feared it would be something like that. The semi-auto selection at a NJ Macy's is probably quite limited anyway.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:37 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
Originally Posted by CO 1E
My first post in the new Box!
Welcome.^ I think it still smells new. :-:
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xFF
Yeah, I feared it would be something like that. The semi-auto selection at a NJ Macy's is probably quite limited anyway.
They might sell a shirt or vest one could re-purpose for concealed carry
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
UA is offering 1,000 bonus miles - I have two very low cost stays (e.g. BOI was $52) that need something more than 300 Hyatt GP points.
Wow. The usual weekend Hyatt properties where we stay will get me between 4,000-6,000 points. Of course, they cost double what you paid in BOI.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Welcome to teh party, Komrade.

In other news, I got to play with a registry gun tonight. The experience was rendered suboptimal thanks to the carping hard-sell beeyotches at Macy's and in smaller part by the fiancee, who tends to have meltdowns when presented with too many options. Macy's had to send a mop down to The Cellar.
That experience at Target was nigh on lifechanging.

Also, I know you're not a Marriott guy, but I'm wondering if SPG has anything that is equivalent to https://www.marriottregistry.com/?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Evening Bx.

Nothing to report here in NoVA. Still hot but with an added dose of humid today. Walked out of the house at 6:30 AM and my sunglasses promptly fogged up.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by xFF
If I could register for firepower, I most certainly would have by now. @:-) Ruger SR9, a Kimber or two, an SSG3000 sniper rifle, couple of Remington trap guns, a Mossberg home defense kit...teh list goes on and on.

Originally Posted by xFF
This made the fiancee laugh out loud, as she read it and said "those women at Macy's are lucky I wasn't packing".

Originally Posted by Mackieman
That experience at Target was nigh on lifechanging.

Also, I know you're not a Marriott guy, but I'm wondering if SPG has anything that is equivalent to https://www.marriottregistry.com/?
I don't know, but there is no forecasted need to find out. We have CO vouchers covering most of the air, and we are staying HERE.

Last edited by ConciergeMike; Jul 7, 2010 at 8:08 pm
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
I don't know, but there is no forecasted need to find out. We have CO vouchers covering most of the air, and we are staying HERE.
For Marriott, it works a little differently. Essentially, you sign up for it, and your guests buy you stuff that you've added to your list. Marriott then gives you a gift card for the amount that people have given that you can use any way you choose, meaning you don't have to actually do the stuff you put on your list. While it doesn't help your immediate honeymoon needs, it may come in handy down the light.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.