FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Teh Penalty Box
Thread: Teh Penalty Box
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:10 pm
Mackieman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Mackieman, a new chain is invading central texas with chicken strips, it is Raising Cane's

If you have a bush's near you in AUS, FORGET IT! It is nothing compared to Bush's Chicken strips.

Review:
Chicken strips(only kind of chicken they have) - B they are a little on the small side which is fine, but the breading is a bit soggy and not as crisp as I'd like.

coleslaw - Horrible, I had to add salt and lemon juice to make it edible, and it is the diced style which is not my favorite in the first place. Good thing it comes in such a small container. (3.25oz container)

fries - crinkle cut, actually they were good

Cane's Sauce - their special 'secret sauce' it is a very high on black pepper Louisiana style remoulade that is really nothing special, I MADE it special however by putting Smoked Chipotle Tabasco and a hint of agave nectar, that kicked it up a bit and made it quite nice, however for the fat content there, might as well just have ketchup.

Texas toast - what can I say it is Texas Toast.
Dually noted. Did they start in CLL? Mrs. Mackie was mentioning something about it, and I saw one advertised there yesterday. But yeah, we'll be sticking with Bush's, as it really doesn't get better.