FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Ask UA Insider: Star Alliance Announcements & Discussions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1010428-ask-ua-insider-star-alliance-announcements-discussions.html)

channa Oct 27, 2009 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by cova (Post 12720359)
If I currently hold QF reward reservations, can I continue to make changes (if available reward seats) though the CO Qantas/EVA desk?

Will the QF/Eva desk remain open for 1 year from December?

I will want the QF/Eva desk to enter my electronic Australia visa when time gets closer.

Aren't the *A awards significnatly cheaper? While QF F is quite nice, with the UA Flatbeds in C and F, I think they present better value at the significantly lower mileage amounts.

Better yet, if you can get NZ via AKL, that's very nice service.

sbm12 Oct 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 12720457)
This is the first time I've ever seen anyone happy about flying EgyptAir. :D

It is a short flight and the LF flight was only available in F. I know that it is a dry carrier but the experience will be good for me. Or something like that. :p :D

airphone Oct 27, 2009 4:49 pm

Going to australia via asia should be the same as dirct due to the lack of seats on the directs like usair does.

airphone Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

When will complimentary upgrades on united flights start?

channa Oct 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 12720481)
It is a short flight and the LF flight was only available in F. I know that it is a dry carrier but the experience will be good for me. Or something like that. :p :D

The experience should be sobering, to say the least. :D

jupper Oct 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 12719024)
You have to look under each partner on the partner earning pages.

I think Tommy asked about the elite bonus, I don't see them on those pages, logged in or not... :(

filmwill Oct 27, 2009 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by greendx (Post 12718785)
In any case not saying the agent was wrong but any idea if there is any other way to use a reward out of Cambodia?

Nope. You're gonna have to hot-foot it from BKK to REP on Bangkok Airways on your own dime. No *A partners fly in and out of there to BKK.

Unless, of course, you wanna reroute to fly into ICN and head to REP from there (on Asiana, a *A partner.)

But if you're dead-set on BKK, it's not going to happen that way.

sbm12 Oct 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by jupper (Post 12720533)
I think Tommy asked about the elite bonus, I don't see them on those pages, logged in or not... :(

On the LH page it states, at the bottom under the chart:

In addition, OnePass members earn Elite mileage bonuses based on their current Elite level:
Similar verbiage is on the UA and US pages.

On the SA page, in contrast, that same position below the chart has this:

OnePass Elite mileage bonuses are not available on South African Airways.
No bonus miles there.

UA Fan Oct 27, 2009 7:45 pm

Very impressive not even 24 hrs and already so many carriers can be booked online. US & UA have been in Star for so long and haven't done it.

CHIC SILBER Oct 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Another One

Originally Posted by airphone (Post 12720480)
Going to australia via asia should be the same as dirct due to the lack of seats on the directs like usair does.

Once more the word "direct" bags another victim

Only the flight number need remain the same from origin

to destination for a flight "or flights" to be considered "direct"

The correct term is "nonstop"

Mala In Se Oct 27, 2009 8:44 pm

I just find the amount that Guam is getting screwed shocking.

For instance, the mileage levels are so screwed up that if I book one SaverPass ticket GUM -> PEK It connects in Narita for 70,000 miles.

But, if I book two tickets one GUM -> NRT, then NRT -> PEK it only costs a total of 50,000 miles.

Last week a ticket GUM -> PEK started at 25,000 miles.

Direct flights GUM -> MNL (1500 miles one way) are now 35,000 miles RT.

Continental clearly cares nothing about its customers on Guam.

cova Oct 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 12720475)
Aren't the *A awards significnatly cheaper? While QF F is quite nice, with the UA Flatbeds in C and F, I think they present better value at the significantly lower mileage amounts.

Better yet, if you can get NZ via AKL, that's very nice service.

I would agree. But I am going at a peak travel time for reward travel. DL was only at the 240K level for BC. QF was 190K for BC. QF has the best availability as they have the most flights - and the QF seats were snapped up within a few hours of first day availability.

Yes UA F would be better at 160K - but it is not available. I can check on NZ but I prefer the nonstop from LAX - MEL and SYD. I have A380 down - so want to try that. I have the AS nonstops from DCA-LAX and back as well - so I want to try that now that AS is gone (thanks to you Channa for info on getting those AS F seats).

Next time however - it will likely be UA or NZ.

On the Asia connection. CO offered KE BC for 150K via ICN when in Skyteam. I am not sure why CO can't have an Asia connection on *A at something similar.

COFlyerCLE Oct 27, 2009 9:11 pm

Earning miles on COEX

Hi Scott,

Tonight I noticed that on CO.com under Other Airline Partners, COEX still lists earning as 100/50 and 1/0 depending on where the WESTNL fares are booked. I assume this is a website giltch, but could you confirm that this will be the same as the CO earning?

cova Oct 27, 2009 9:14 pm

CO is now selling flights to SYD on co.com. But the routings are crazy. CO will list the flight if it includes a CO segment.

Example - the cheapest flight from LAX-SYD booked on co.com is LAX-EWR-SFO-SYD. In other words you need to fly from LAX to Newark to get to SFO.

Does make sense to even list on co.com.

Renard Oct 27, 2009 9:18 pm

There are co flights aplenty on United.com at least out of Houston.. so be sure to check there as it might be cheaper for the same co flight (sold as a UA codeshare) than on co.com