FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Ask UA Insider: Star Alliance Announcements & Discussions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1010428-ask-ua-insider-star-alliance-announcements-discussions.html)

channa Oct 27, 2009 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by MarkXS (Post 12718623)
This depends on the club operator airline's own definition of International. UA absolutely considers Mexico and Canada as Intl in terms of *G RCC access for USA-airline-program (UA, US and now CO) *G members. I've gotten into RCCs many times from my UA *G (1P and then 1K) credentials when flying to Mexico and Canada. US Airways Clubs do NOT consider it international.

This is not quite correct.

While the club operator may restrict access based on int'l destination, they may only make such a restrction for their own *G's.

So, US does allow US *G's to enter the US Clubs when travelling to/from leisure Mexico destinations. They must, however, allow UA *G's to enter on the same ticket.

It's a nuance that not all US agents are well versed in, but it's very clearly stipulated in their access documentation under the UA card.

UA Fan Oct 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Thanks Scott.

greendx Oct 27, 2009 12:20 pm

NYC-BKK, etc

This morning I trying to book a reward in F for the following: NYC-BKK then returning REP-USM-NYC with a stopover in USM (J or Y on the REP-USM). I've never booked any travel with an open jaw and or stopovers so wasn't sure if this was going to work and was also fine with NYC-BKK then USM - (stop over in BKK) - NYC

1st problem was that I was told that we couldn't do anything with REP, not because of availability but because there were no partners that can be used for reward travel from Cambodia. Does anyone know if this is correct? I was hoping that maybe can use Bangkok Airways, any ideas?

Next was trying to do a return from USM - NYC but there were problems with that too, I will need to call back about it. Problems with the USM-BKK leg. So right now I have JFK-FRA-BKK-FRA-EWR booked into F (all in LH) on hold but really would like to see if I can save some money on local flights and either add on the REP-BKK/USM or USM-BKK to my itinerary as part of the same reward.

Another issue that we discovered was that the agent was unable to look up / book any flights on TK, she said she will inform some one internally to see if it can be fixed. I am going to call back shortly to see if this is fixed because I really like to try TK F if there is availability.

UA Fan Oct 27, 2009 12:23 pm

Till the QF partnership ends, can we redeem an award with UA & QF?

J.Edward Oct 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 12718694)
Till the QF partnership ends, can we redeem an award with UA & QF?

I would *think* so in the sense that you could use UA to reach the gateway (i.e. IAH-UA-SFO-QF-SYD) but the QF awards, at least from OnePass points, might not be worth the premium.

sbm12 Oct 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by greendx (Post 12718675)
I was hoping that maybe can use Bangkok Airways, any ideas?

They are not in *A and they aren't a CO partner. Why would you be able to use them on a reward??

So right now I have JFK-FRA-BKK-FRA-EWR booked into F (all in LH) on hold but really would like to see if I can save some money on local flights and either add on the REP-BKK/USM or USM-BKK to my itinerary as part of the same reward.

How many points were you quoted for this? It would be the first reported success of using a TATL transit to get to SE Asia if it is pricing at the lower level.

greendx Oct 27, 2009 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 12718754)
They are not in *A and they aren't a CO partner. Why would you be able to use them on a reward??

How many points were you quoted for this? It would be the first reported success of using a TATL transit to get to SE Asia if it is pricing at the lower level.

I wasn't sure, I taught that they were a part of TG or something. In any case not saying the agent was wrong but any idea if there is any other way to use a reward out of Cambodia?

This is what I have on hold right now:

1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $2.50
1 Upgrade Reward(s) 145,000 Miles
Ticket Taxes/Fees $94.39
Total Price 145,000 Miles and $94.39

tommy777 Oct 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Elite bonuses

First of all, congratulations! Continental is finally where they belong.

I have browsed through this thread and through the website, but I'm not able to find any confirmation about the elite bonus on LH, UA and US.

Can someone please post a link to a page that confirms this?

Thank you

zoonil Oct 27, 2009 12:40 pm

congratulations Continental!

nick5000 Oct 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by tommy777 (Post 12718806)

I have browsed through this thread and through the website, but I'm not able to find any confirmation about the elite bonus on LH, UA and US.

Thank you

here is the link for LH
http://www.continental.com/CMS/en-US...spx?ItemId=298

sbm12 Oct 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Thank you

You have to look under each partner on the partner earning pages.

rolov Oct 27, 2009 1:06 pm

Thank you

Here is a direct link for SAS :D

Note the OnePass Elite mileage bonuses are not available on SAS flights.

sbm12 Oct 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by greendx (Post 12718785)
This is what I have on hold right now:

1 Adults (age 18 to 64) $2.50
1 Upgrade Reward(s) 145,000 Miles
Ticket Taxes/Fees $94.39
Total Price 145,000 Miles and $94.39

Well you are definitely the first to report such a routing being successful. I hope that it actually tickets for you.

rolov Oct 27, 2009 1:09 pm

Another issue that we discovered was that the agent was unable to look up / book any flights on TK, she said she will inform some one internally to see if it can be fixed. I am going to call back shortly to see if this is fixed because I really like to try TK F if there is availability.

I have been trying to get TK as well and it does not show up for the agents.

entropy Oct 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Glad CO is joining *A. Should give better EU connect points to TLV:
LHR (BD)
VIE (OS)
ZRH (LX)
FRA (LH), and soon MUC I think...