Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Send Two FlyerTalk Members to Antarctica: Namely, Me!...and, Possibly YOU?!?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Send Two FlyerTalk Members to Antarctica: Namely, Me!...and, Possibly YOU?!?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Now up to 82 votes. Thanks to Bob Fresno.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 6:41 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Canarsie,

I would vote but there is an unresolved issue with both my and my wife's registration on the site. (no confirmation email) I have asked them to sort it out and the automated response says they will get back to me within 48hrs! Once sorted that will be 2 more votes.^

I was meant to be working (flying helicopters) in Antarctica for a few months, some years ago but it fell through unfortunately. One of the major disappointments of my life.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: SkyMiles (Amex :/ )
Voted, good luck!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
I think I just voited but I too am having difficulties with the site. Dunno when you get to go (if you win) but I'm headed to Antarctica the last week of November 2009! It'd be awesome to have you along!!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
I think I just voited but I too am having difficulties with the site. Dunno when you get to go (if you win) but I'm headed to Antarctica the last week of November 2009! It'd be awesome to have you along!!
Travel dates are from February 20 to March 3, 2010.

I am not sure as to why people are having trouble voting. I know other entries have been gaining votes as I have lost some ground this morning not only to the front-runner, but also to the person who is now immediately ahead of me by 11 votes, and I was ahead of him only hours ago...
Old Jul 6, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Canarsie,

Voted just now. You're up to 86 votes ...

As for a traveling companion, you need to choose one from another continent, like Europe, to make the journey even more special.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 6, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Just voted. Best of luck my friend!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 3:33 pm

Programs: EXP LTPlat
I'm having trouble getting registered as well. Got an email saying they'd do it manually, but so far I still can't vote.
Can someone tell me where to go to find out how to make a signature with a link in it that says "go *here* and vote for carnasie" with the here being a link to this thread? I see others with similar, like that great youtube of kai tek.
Also, will try a direct link from twitter and facebook. Good luck, c!
Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Just signed up another e-mail address and threw another vote Canarsie's way. No issues signing up, etc.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I posted a thread about it on Facebook, on the FlyerTalk group discussion board: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...38&topic=25445
Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:09 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Voted for you - #97
Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by skipaway
I'm having trouble getting registered as well. Got an email saying they'd do it manually, but so far I still can't vote.
If you signed up with a yahoo address, check your spam filter; I found the sign up confirmation is landing there.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
If you signed up with a yahoo address, check your spam filter; I found the sign up confirmation is landing there.
YMMV.

My confirmation was not in the Yahoo SPAM folder.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Travel dates are from February 20 to March 3, 2010.

I am not sure as to why people are having trouble voting. I know other entries have been gaining votes as I have lost some ground this morning not only to the front-runner, but also to the person who is now immediately ahead of me by 11 votes, and I was ahead of him only hours ago...
I emailed the site for help and this is the response. In my case I know it is not a firewall issue but in any case it is good to know they will sort it out manually.
Unfortunately, some people are not receiving their email confirmations – less than half a percent. It appears some firewalls do not let them through. We will confirm your registration manually by end of business today.

Prisca Campbell
Marketing Manager
Quark Expeditions Inc.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by boxo
YMMV.

My confirmation was not in the Yahoo SPAM folder.
Nor mine. He's up to an even 100 votes now.

Wonder if HOM could highlight this in the next FlyerTalk email? Should go out in ~9 days.

Will PM RP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.