Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Oz Fest #7" – Adelaide South Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 28-30, 2010

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2010, 11:47 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Question meeting point for sunday informal dinner

maybe i missed that piece of information in our very long thread - but when and where is the meeting place for tonight's dinner?

cheers
CHris
Old May 30, 2010, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
maybe i missed that piece of information in our very long thread - but when and where is the meeting place for tonight's dinner?
Just go to the Hilton. That is where most folk are staying so look in bar/foyer for faces you know
Old May 30, 2010, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

cheers
CHris
On the bus back now.

Bill wants me to check out the Pie Cart availability as many have asked him.

However be in the lobby at Hilton at 7.15pm or so and keep up with the latest plan.

Glen
Old May 30, 2010, 12:21 am

Programs: QF WP/LTG
I enjoyed Friday night's dinner very much. A bit unfortunate that I had other activities already lined up for the weekend and so could not partake of the other OzFest activities. Thanks very much to the organisers of this OzFest.
Cheers, Gerald
Old May 30, 2010, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by igel
I enjoyed Friday night's dinner very much. A bit unfortunate that I had other activities already lined up for the weekend and so could not partake of the other OzFest activities. Thanks very much to the organisers of this OzFest.
Cheers, Gerald
Qantas have been very good to me, and have changed me to the later flight. I will see serfty, perthite etc. once they arrive.
Old May 30, 2010, 3:35 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Originally Posted by wijomas
Apologies I couldn't make it to the traditional JohnSydney2000 Oz Fest After-Party last night! I'm sure those of you that did make it had an awesome time! ^
It was a great after dinner soiree. Good company, conversation etc. Pity I needed to sleep and had to leave early.

Look forward to the next OzFest where ever it is.^
Old May 30, 2010, 4:22 am

Exclamation

We are now in the Lime and Lemon Thai Café. 89 Gouger Street.

I suggest a "no club party" policy for upcoming DOs. So sorry not to catch up with the entire gang cause the majority is already stuffed with boring club food
Old May 30, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Safely back in BNE now after a very bumpy (and very full) flight on a small 734.

Always great to catch up with Flyertalkers I have met before and also to meet new ones.

Thanks to the organisers for a great weekend and looking forward to Ozfest #8 next year and hopefully a return back to the East Coast. Also thanks to JohnSydney2000 for our yearly ritual of drinks and fun games on Saturday night in his suite at the Hilton.

Safe travels everyone.
Old May 30, 2010, 7:37 am

Question OzFest 2011?

any ideas where OzFest 2011 might take place? didn't have the chance to participate in the discussion so far
Old May 30, 2010, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Any ideas where OzFest 2011 might take place? Didn't have the chance to participate in the discussion so far
You could have asked over dinner.

Too busy eating Kangaroo meat.
Old May 30, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Thank you

Thanks to all who made this OzFest a huge success! ^^

We leave for AKL tomorrow, then 5 nights in RAR to rest on the beach.

Safe travels.
Old May 30, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Thank you to the organisers for the event. Sorry to JohnSydney2000 for not attending the after-party. I got back to my room at about 10:30, sat on the bed, next thing I know - it was 3:30...

Also thanks to G for going to the zoo and the Ayers House Museum with me. Plus, a big thanks to the weather for behaving yesterday.

Good to meet and catch-up with friends old and new.
Old May 30, 2010, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Leumas
...a big thanks to the weather for behaving yesterday....
I guess there was a bit of a difference in the weather in Adelaide as compared to the Barossa where it managed to rain at many of the inopportune moments.
Old May 30, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Oh oops, I guess I should have qualified my statement. The weather in Adelaide city was generally OK yesterday. There was even a bit of sun...
Old May 30, 2010, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Weather aside, this was one of the finest FT weekends that we have spent in Oz or, for that matter, anywhere else. We would like to thank ozstamps, itsalongwaydown, and serfty, and the others whom we did not meet or who were not able to get here for all their efforts making this the success that it was and always hope that we can again reciprocate by hosting when they show up in our neighborhood in the States. This is truly a gang that works hard at making our visits comfortable and memorable.

All we can say in "thank you all for the great Oz Fest" and we, of course, look forward to the next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.