Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Oz Fest #7" – Adelaide South Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 28-30, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 3:57 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flashware
I had 2,463 base points post, for 2 nights..
More like what I had expected. Maybe they gave me points on the GST component
Old Jun 2, 2010, 4:26 am

For some reason it's done my double dip to AA, not QF. That's weird as my profile still has QF selected and has for some time now.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I had 1014 base points which is less than ¼ of what it should have been.

The xe.com cross rate for Monday was 0.841410 ...

Last edited by serfty; Jun 2, 2010 at 5:19 pm
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:24 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I would like to thank our organizers for making OzFest #7 such a success. If at all possible, I think DRW would be a great location for next year, however I will try to attend wherever it is located.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:46 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by ozstamps
My suggestion to members at this early point is, rather then micro manage things this early, is to add input on here - and why - on whether Perth, Darwin or Canberra is the preferred option, and as at all OzFests, let things flow from that.

Glen
I agree wholeheartedly.

I am very surprised (even appalled) that some people are continuing to snipe at each other on this thread. There were a few issues over the weekend that effected a hand full of individuals only. Did this break the weekend? Definitely not, though it did impact upon that small group of people to a significant degree. For the 95%+ of people and situations there was no, or minimal impact and it was a great weekend.

Let us look forward to the big picture for next year and not backward to the relatively insignificant issues that most people had little or no knowledge of.

Let's please keep things on topic and kill off ALL the personal attacks and negativity.

regards,

Bill.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 5:49 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by serfty
I had 1074 base points wich is less than ¼ of what it should have been.

The xe.com cross rate for Monday was 0.864410 ...
I have just had a light look and my points appear to be correct. Mr & Mrs Fredd are here and theirs appears to be OK also.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
I have just had a light look and my points appear to be correct. Mr & Mrs Fredd are here and theirs appears to be OK also.
At least I received my stay and night credits ... they are worth far more to me than 5300+ missing HHonors points.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
And that concludes another Ozfest; thanks to the organizers especially ozstamps who put together a great schedule of events with some great restaurant choices, some of us won't need to eat for a week. Thanks to Itsalongwaydown for planning the bus trip to the Barossa Valley on the Sunday.

Thanks to Mwenenzi for compiling the list of activities from receiving PMs and reading everyones posts to work out what they are doing especially when some say one thing in one post and then contradict themselves in another post.

Thanks to Serfty for his flight details which allowed me to share a taxi with fifa & gem gem to the Hilton on the Thursday night.

Thanks to falconea for organizing the tags I hope the cat is doing much better.

Thanks to everyone who turned up from around Australia, the US and Europeans f0zzyNUE who traveled with his mum out to Australia. Thanks to everyone who sent me PMs with their card details. Remember TMQ Electronics on the merchant receipt was for Ozfest. @:-)

Thanks to thewinchester who organized the Friday trip to the zoo.

Thanks to JohnSydney2000 for hosting the Saturday evening after party, its almost a part of Ozfest tradition.

One group picture from the weekend.

Thanks to the staff at Hilton Adelaide especially the executive lounge.

So the planning for 2011 begins, my first pick would be Darwin, and I agree that some prepayment is required so that way you can give the restaurant and any other group activities we choose some idea of how many people are interested.

Last edited by Bundy Bear; Jun 2, 2010 at 6:43 am
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: United 1K.
And thank you Bundybear for your credit card assistance.

Great picture- somehow you've managed to make it look a little less cold than it actually was
Old Jun 2, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Leumas
I don't want to have undue influences on the result while polling is still open. I'll leave the survey up for a few more days until the this thread quiets down.
Tease.

My personal preference would be Canberra for Ozfest #8 as I feel it has a lot offer for both overseas and local visitors and there are countless flights scheduled everyday by most carriers.

Perth and Darwin would not be easy to get to if one wants to stick to Qantas and Virgin and avoid Tiger and Jetstar.

Looking forward to attending wherever Ozfest #8 is held next year....
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
One group picture from the weekend.

Who is the tall dude with the white hair in the middle .. the new point guard for the LA Lakers?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:13 am

I must take this opportunity to thank everyone for coming to OzFest 7 - to those who've come from across the seas, we mightn't have boundless plains to share (you're pushing up our housing prices ) (with apologies to the song which only 5% of our nation's people actually know the lyrics of), but we did have a lot of fun in ADL! Even the less than optimal weather couldn't stop us.

Thanks to ozstamps, Itsalongwaydown, tehuringa, falconea, Bundy Bear, Mwenenzi and others who helped in organisation, cat herding, negotiation/arm twisting/string pulling/hard bargaining, handling funds and more...

I'm sorry that I couldn't meet and greet all of you, let alone have a good conversation with some of you who I've come to know over the previous OzFests that I've attended, but I hope to have more time on my hands (and less fatigue*) the next time we meet. (*Stay tuned for Mad May III..... )

Although I never felt any great love from the Hilton Adelaide Hotel (not to be confused with the smaller hotel located in the suburb of Hilton, Adelaide) - hey, I paid a very cheap rate and I'm only a HH Silver - my hat goes off to them for being great hosts. Great staff, especially the duty managers and front-of-house. I also see that those who were privileged enough to use the Executive Lounge were very well taken care of, so again my thanks to the Hilton staff.

Originally Posted by edison
She also could not believe that people would fly from ADL to BNE via MEL (or any other convoluted route) just to get additional status credits.

She also found that I am no longer "the craziest person" Hehe!
You're welcome.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown

My HH points have not shown yet .. I checked out Monday am so assume others did too whose points are now showing?

I am surprised they'd post so fast, but if several folks checked out Monday we all should be in the same boat?

Web says -

Your Check-Out Date occurred less than five days ago. You may not submit an online Missing Stay Request.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
My HH points have not shown yet .. I checked out Monday am so assume others did too whose points are now showing?

I am surprised they'd post so fast, but if several folks checked out Monday we all should be in the same boat?
I checked out on Monday - points have been credited in my account, and correctly at that.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 10:16 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
My points posted last night. Weren't there yesterday, there today. Lotsa points for 1 award night and 3 Orbitz cheap prepaid rate.

Only checked my account because I received an email for Q3FN! I am a happy camper. Oh, and OzFest was great also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.