Reload this Page >

"Oz Fest #7" – Adelaide South Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 28-30, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Oz Fest #7" – Adelaide South Australia - Memorial Day Weekend, May 28-30, 2010

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2010, 4:11 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
many thanks due to OZ events planners plus hilton staff

We are not going on the Barossa tour today.....our livers are feeling a need of a rest.

Both Hans and I would like to thank the organizers of this DO for an absolutely wonderful time. The bus trip Saturday was a great experience, as well as lunch. Dinner Friday night and Saturday night the same.

The staff in the Hilton Exec lounge have been so friendly and helpful and we thank them too.

Thank you for reopening this thread.Chris. Many of us would like to tell those who deserve our gratitude a big hearty thankyou.

Hope to see you all tonight back here in the lounge.

dede
Old May 29, 2010, 4:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
It's not over, of course, but so far it has been a great event, if perhaps the little bumps and lumps we can encounter on life's paths from time to time. The weather for the Barossa wineries trip - it's gray and rainy today - but only the coach driver has to worry about it!

My sincere thanks to the capable organisers for putting together an itinerary and scoring restaurants willing to seat >50 of us and provide decent food to boot, to the Hilton for providing a nice stay to this member at least and to so many fun FTers for showing up and contributing to the jollity and freindliness.
Old May 29, 2010, 4:50 pm
In memoriam

I add my thanks to the organisers for a fantastic Do ... only complaint is the weather but even that is on the up with a beautiful rainbow outside the lounge window ... an auspicious start to our last day!

And also to add a huuuuge thanks to the Hilton for making us all so welcome - wonderful weekend!!
Old May 29, 2010, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Pooch

... only complaint is the weather
Well this IS the "City Of Churches" .. you still have a half hour for a quick request .....
Old May 29, 2010, 5:03 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Well this IS the "City Of Churches" .. you still have a half hour for a quick request .....
Hallelujah brother - it's a miracle - therain is clearing
Old May 29, 2010, 5:36 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
As I sit at the ADL Airport I would also like to add my thanks to the organizers of this DO.

I would also like to single out Dada in the Exec Lounge for the very best in hospitality and service.

Another shout out to the locals who were helping me in the development of an American-Australian Lexicon of Terms and Expressions for Travelers, which after sufficient editing and clarification--to keep it from being a bit of a dog's breakfast-- I hope to shop to various publishers.
Old May 29, 2010, 5:52 pm

I must say the food and company at Stanleys last night was fabulous.^

Shame I cant be with you all today-enjoy the barossa
but moving to the Hilton tonite to continue the party.
Old May 29, 2010, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Originally Posted by Pat89339
As I sit at the ADL Airport I would also like to add my thanks to the organizers of this DO.

I would also like to single out Dada in the Exec Lounge for the very best in hospitality and service.

Another shout out to the locals who were helping me in the development of an American-Australian Lexicon of Terms and Expressions for Travelers, which after sufficient editing and clarification--to keep it from being a bit of a dog's breakfast-- I hope to shop to various publishers.
You don't muck around! We are just beginning to leave the Hilton, despite the friendly and warm atmosphere in the Lounge.

Have a fun day - and I wish I'd found you amongst the OzFesters, Pat.

We are set to hit the road soon.

Have a good day,everyone.
Old May 29, 2010, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
We are checking out now; will enquire if anyone else is still around and if our friend is back in the hotel, from hospital. Will PM anything.

BBs.
Old May 29, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Our thanks to all of the organizers, to the Hilton for great hospitality, and to our FT friends, new and old, for another great experience at our fourth consecutive Oz Fest. We wish those of you on the wine bus a pleasant day and safe travels home to all.

Kathy and Brian
Old May 29, 2010, 7:49 pm

Would like to thank all the event organisers for a fun weekend.

I'd like also to make this my going away post, for personal reasons I will not be posting on FT or AFF for now.

Also just to note for anyone at the airport, we are in the back corner. If anyone needs guesting in PM me.

Last edited by flashware; May 29, 2010 at 9:16 pm
Old May 29, 2010, 9:20 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
I'm also here in the QP, despite the fact my flight is not for another 23 hours.

Unfortunately I'm not feeling that great so had to leave the bus trip today to make sure I'm closer to "home" (the hotel ). I hope you all have a great time today.

Will see everyone (that's still here) when you return.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:34 pm

Programs: QFM Life
I’d like to say I’ve really enjoyed my first OzFest, and certainly enjoyed meeting a whole bunch of new wonderful people. I don’t post much on FT, as AFF is my haunt, but I hope to meet you all again whenever possible.

I’m now in the ADL QP, having a Coopers with Flashware, petej and Hvr. Previously we had wijomas and jswong, but they’ve disappeared.

If you make it to the lounge, we’re in the far “quiet” section, making a load of noise, and with easy access to the bar.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:46 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by samh004
Previously we had wijomas and jswong, but they’ve disappeared.
In a puff of smoke, as always.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: QF Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz #1G
Great to meet you all today and thanks for coming in to the winery and trying our wines ^ ....sorry we couldn't turn on some warmer weather for you though.

I hope lunch at the Tanunda Hotel was good and I'm sure Tracey would have looked after you at Langmeil.

Hope to catch up with some of you again on my travels and I think I mentioned to a few people at the winery but our 2008 Teusner Joshua GSM is just about to be poured in Business class on Qantas.

Cheers

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.