Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

United invites Flyertalkers to join Employee Open House at SFO -- Oct. 12, Fleet Week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United invites Flyertalkers to join Employee Open House at SFO -- Oct. 12, Fleet Week

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2008, 6:23 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Put me down for Hola. I am staying at the The Westin San Francisco Airport on Saturday and the Sheraton Gateway San Francisco Airport Hotel on Sunday.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs up Seeking plane pullers!

Hey Folks,

I've received official word that we'll have the opportunity to form a FlyerTalk plane pulling team, where we'll be "competing" against other employee groups (wanna show those pilots what you think about Channel 9?). We're looking for 20 volunteers to participate and represent FlyerTalk. If you're interested be sure to wear sturdy shoes, and you'll have to sign a waiver form of some sort to to rid UA of any liability.

If you're interested please PM me and I'll add you to the team!

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 6:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
(wanna show those pilots what you think about Channel 9?)
Yikes, those TAs and GAs will have the chance to seek revenge on us!
Old Sep 5, 2008, 2:22 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
hey folks,

i've received official word that we'll have the opportunity to form a flyertalk plane pulling team, where we'll be "competing" against other employee groups (wanna show those pilots what you think about channel 9?:d). We're looking for 20 volunteers to participate and represent flyertalk. If you're interested be sure to wear sturdy shoes, and you'll have to sign a waiver form of some sort to to rid ua of any liability.

If you're interested please pm me and i'll add you to the team!

Thanks!
yhpm !!
Old Sep 5, 2008, 3:22 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Hey Folks,

I've received official word that we'll have the opportunity to form a FlyerTalk plane pulling team, where we'll be "competing" against other employee groups (wanna show those pilots what you think about Channel 9?). We're looking for 20 volunteers to participate and represent FlyerTalk. If you're interested be sure to wear sturdy shoes, and you'll have to sign a waiver form of some sort to to rid UA of any liability.

If you're interested please PM me and I'll add you to the team!

Thanks!
i wanna pull a plane. pm sent-we'll show 'em (so, we gonna get t-shirts and have cheerleaders? gotta look like a team ya know <ok, i'll behave> )
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Hey Folks,

Gonna be fun!

Last edited by N334AA; Oct 7, 2008 at 4:12 pm
Old Sep 5, 2008, 5:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
...I've received official word that we'll have the opportunity to form a FlyerTalk plane pulling team...
I suggest that those who are signed up for the plane pull bring some gloves (leather preferred) to help get a better grip on the rope and protect your hands.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL: DM / Royal Ambassador /PC:Plat / Hertz:5*
Originally Posted by ihategatelice
Please add my handle to the list, I'm N334AA's +1. He convinced me to finally join Flyertalk and gave me a little help with creating my handle. ^

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Welcome to FlyerTalk! Fleet week is a great time! Here are some pics from last years event.

http://www.astriker.com/pics/2007_10_07/
Old Sep 5, 2008, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Welcome to FlyerTalk, ihategatelice! Love the handle, LMAO.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG
I've received official word that we'll have the opportunity to form a FlyerTalk plane pulling team...
This is fantastic! What time do you think the pull will occur?

-ff
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by ihategatelice
He convinced me to finally join Flyertalk and gave me a little help with creating my handle. ^
Welcome to FlyerTalk ihategatelice ^ ^

I am quite confident that you will never feel compelled to post in this thread (at least in the affirmative):
In retrospect, is your FT name a mistake?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fadeforward
This is fantastic! What time do you think the pull will occur?

-ff
Total guess here, but I'd bet somewhere around the middle of the day. Let me find out for sure though.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:10 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Talking

Wow Lucky, what an event but FT rep will be on the line; can you fill the FT team with some Olympic weightlifter/ringers? Maybe Tom911 could assist due to his summer Olympic connections? Maybe there are some pro linebackers on FT who will sign up?

For those of us not able to pull a plane, shall we start assembling the FT Rally Rousers to cheer our team on?
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by travelsavant
For those of us not able to pull a plane, shall we start assembling the FT Rally Rousers to cheer our team on?
I'll pack my pom-poms.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA, BA
I just made a reservation at Hola! Mexican Restaurant in Burlingame for dinner at 6PM, following the event.
I'm good for Hola! And planning to drive up from the South Bay, but wondering if I can carpool with someone who lives a little closer to SFO itself...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.