Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

United invites Flyertalkers to join Employee Open House at SFO -- Oct. 12, Fleet Week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United invites Flyertalkers to join Employee Open House at SFO -- Oct. 12, Fleet Week

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
That went fast!! Congrats on getting the invitation. It sounds like a similar event to one IAD hosts every year (seach IAD Plane Pull, it's coming up September 6th) without the UA focus/host.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:43 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by GoingAway
(seach IAD Plane Pull, it's coming up September 6th)
Here's a recent CB thread:
IAD Plane Pull - September 6th, 2008
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by FortFun
Here's a recent CB thread:
IAD Plane Pull - September 6th, 2008
thank you - I was being lazy
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:23 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by GoingAway
thank you - I was being lazy
LOL, no sweat. I happened to have seen it recently, so I knew where it was.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Hey Folks, just wanted to say that the waitlist is already 20+ people long. Feel free to keep piling on if you'd like (if you choose to PLEASE still send your name)....

Two important things that I've been asked to make crystal clear, just so everyone has reasonable expectations:

- This will in no way he like the maintenance tour in terms of special attention, etc. As soon as you're inside the event you're just like any other employee, their friends, or their family. I think most of us understand that and are still excited as all heck, but just for those that thought otherwise....

- There will be very little shade. Bring a hat, sunscreen, and something to drink if possible. While there are vendors inside, the lines can get pretty long.

That's all, can't wait!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Hey Folks, just wanted to say that the waitlist is already 20+ people long. Feel free to keep piling on if you'd like (if you choose to PLEASE still send your name)....

Two important things that I've been asked to make crystal clear, just so everyone has reasonable expectations:

- This will in no way he like the maintenance tour in terms of special attention, etc. As soon as you're inside the event you're just like any other employee, their friends, or their family. I think most of us understand that and are still excited as all heck, but just for those that thought otherwise....

- There will be very little shade. Bring a hat, sunscreen, and something to drink if possible. While there are vendors inside, the lines can get pretty long.

That's all, can't wait!
emphasis mine: especially if you are folically depraved like i am.

when will you need our names and/or any other info or is it too soon to ask
Old Aug 28, 2008, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goalie
when will you need our names and/or any other info or is it too soon to ask
I already have the names of all those confirmed and on the waitlist, which is all I need.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 3:59 pm

Programs: Asiana Airlines(Silver) Visa, Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns, Hiliton HHonors Blue
I am booking my flight next week. Whoohoo!!
Old Aug 28, 2008, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
please add me to the waitlist.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 6:03 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
  • Free parking at the United Services maintenance base will be limited, and cannot be guaranteed. Further details concerning parking will be provided nearer to the event date. If parking cannot be provided, Flyertalk guests will need to park in either the SFO short-term parking at the airport terminal, then take the SFO long-term parking shuttle bus to the long-term parking garage. Another parking option is the long-term parking garage itself, across from the United Services maintenance base. From the garage, Flyertalk guests will need to walk south, towards the airport, along N. Airport Blvd., to reach the event entrance, at the maintenance base South Gate, past the maintenance base main entrance. Event volunteers will provide direction near the entrance.
just a thought but one can also park at millbrae bart for free then for $3.00 r/t to sfo where.....

option 1:
take bart to sfo, then the people mover/airport train to the rental car locations and then walk to the fun. not sure how much of a walk from the car rental location to the ua maint base but it's an option

option 2:
take bart to the airport as above and then as lucky describes, take the SFO long-term parking shuttle bus to the long-term parking garage. not sure if the shuttle bus stops at the i/t or you have to pick it up at the domestic terminal but it's also an option
Old Aug 28, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
It may be much more convenient and cheaper to park at Costco’s huge parking lot north of UA Maintenance Facility and Long Term high rise parking garage.

The walk is about two long blocks.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold; Million Miler
Definitely sign me in plus 1. I normally live in Melbourne, Australia but I am in the Bay Area from now until Xmas
Old Aug 28, 2008, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just FYI we'll be having dinner at 6PM on Sunday. Stay tuned for details.
Old Aug 28, 2008, 11:00 pm

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Just FYI we'll be having dinner at 6PM on Sunday. Stay tuned for details.
Well you must be psychic Lucky ! I just updated my post on this thread asking that exact question!

Please put me down as a Most Likely attender (+ Mini DG) for dinner near SFO. I have a 4 hr layover at SFO that evening. So as long as UA doesnt muck up my arrival time, we should be set . At the moment they keep schedule changing my flight to arrive earlier . As already stated I arrive too late for the Open House.

Last edited by Downunder girl; Aug 29, 2008 at 9:38 am
Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Excellent Downunder girl, look forward to meeting you!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.