Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

United invites Flyertalkers to join Employee Open House at SFO -- Oct. 12, Fleet Week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United invites Flyertalkers to join Employee Open House at SFO -- Oct. 12, Fleet Week

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2008, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Cool Good Start

Sitting at DEN, VDB'd off DEN-SFO.

Starting this DO the same way I finished the last one (with a VDB ).
Old Oct 11, 2008, 4:27 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
After attending the IND New Airport Do this afternoon I am sitting at ORD C18 waiting for my SFO flight. The standby and upgrade gods are on my side today.

Until a few days ago the flight was supposed to be a new cabin 763 but that got changed. I doubt I would have my current seat if it had been the new cabin.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Oct 11, 2008 at 11:03 pm
Old Oct 11, 2008, 4:45 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FortFun
Sitting at DEN, VDB'd off DEN-SFO.

Starting this DO the same way I finished the last one (with a VDB ).
show off
Old Oct 11, 2008, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Sorry, I can't go to SFO for this time. Maybe next year in 2009 hopefully if I will try go to SFO during same-day trip. Hope you guys will having nice time at SFO by tomorrow. Please bring it back some nice photos for me. Thanks, Lucky!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Lucky,

For locals, did you get suggestions for where to park? The directions in the PM assumed coming from the airport itself.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 7:06 pm

Last-minute Parking and Directions for Fleet Week

Dear Bay Area FTers driving to United's Fleet Week event:

I'm sorry our parking instructions weren't more specific. For those drivers who did not request and receive a Fleet Week event parking permit by last week or were only recently cleared from the event waiting list by Lucky9876coins, please park in the SFO Airport Long Term parking garage, just north of the airport and across from the United Maintenance Base. From Hwy 101, exit at San Bruno Avenue, drive east, and follow the overhead signs to the Long Term Parking high-rise garage. The cost is $14 for the day.

Directions from the parking garage:

Walk to the main road, S. Airport Blvd., and head south along the road-- towards the airport -- until you reach the intersection of S. Airport Blvd. and San Bruno Avenue. At the crosswalk, cross S. Airport Blvd. to reach the United Maintenance Base roadway leading to the main entrance. **Please use caution when crossing S. Airport Blvd, as traffic is heavy and drivers are often distracted at this intersection.** Once on the Base property, follow the roadway south, past the main entrance, towards the visitor entrance guard shack. Here, you will find event volunteers to direct you onward.

Near the event entrance, below a grove of trees, you will see a big, blue "UNITED WELCOMES FLYERTALK" banner and blue/yellow balloons. Lucky and I, along with several flight attendant colleagues, will be looking forward to meeting you there. Once you've been checked off our Flyertalk guest list, you will receive your event wristband needed for access to the event. The event gates open at 11 AM.

We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow at the United Employee Open House! We're delighted to offer you the chance to join us and our families in our celebration of Fleet Week and all that is United.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We have a few more spots available for tomorrow. Please PM me by 10PM west coast time tonight if you're still interested. I probably won't get around to checking PM's till around 11PM or so (west coast time), so expect a response around then.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
The $3 Solution

If $14 for parking makes you cringe (you've rather save it for a top-shelf margarita at Hola's), here's the $3 solution. It is more than a bit convoluted, but for the budget minded...

1) Park in garage at the Millbrae BART station (free on weekends); the walkway to BART/Caltrain is on Level 4
2) Buy a $3 BART ticket, and take BART to San Bruno (no longer are there non-stops from Millbrae to SFO ).
3) At the San Bruno Station, cross the platform and take the next train that says it is going to SFO (do NOT get on at train to Millbrae; you don't want to do this a second time!) Cost of the "one way" trip: $1.50
4) Exit BART at SFO, go upstairs, and take AirTrain to the Rental Car Facility
5) Exit the Rental Car Facility and walk along McDonnell Road to the UA Facililty and the FT banner.

Afterward, do it in reverse.

CAUTION: There are NO sidewalks on McDonnell Road. If you take this route, be VERY careful!
Old Oct 11, 2008, 11:07 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I will bring my camcorder so someone else will have to do the recording since I am in the pull.
I left the camcorder in my car at IND. Could someone please bring one to record our winning plane pull team.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 2:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I left the camcorder in my car at IND. Could someone please bring one to record our winning plane pull team.
Worst case scenario, my camera takes videos... not HD, but better than nothing.

See ya all in a couple hours!
Old Oct 12, 2008, 3:57 am

Programs: UA 1K
If I manage to get into this event later today, does anyone know of a good place to store luggage at the event or at SFO? I'll be flying out to Denver at 6:30PM, so I figure i'll just cab it to SFO and go from there....
Old Oct 12, 2008, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by harperb
If I manage to get into this event later today, does anyone know of a good place to store luggage at the event or at SFO? I'll be flying out to Denver at 6:30PM, so I figure i'll just cab it to SFO and go from there....
YHPM.
Old Oct 12, 2008, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
LET's PULL SOME D@MN PLANE !!!!
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Just got off my flight from LAX and am about to grab some grub over here in the Int'l Terminal before heading to the Maintenenece Facility. Looking forward to meeting with ya'll! ^
Old Oct 12, 2008, 10:26 am

Programs: BD Gold (and future SEN), 0.2MM AA EXP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
i'm eating my pre-plane pull breakfast of banana cream pie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.