Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dissed by a FTer!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 4:25 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
You'd be surprised how mellow the two of you can become once you share a drink/meal/experience/etc.

Ummmm.........yeah.......... I vaguely remember some very "merlot" moments at SeaDoo9

Can't remember meeting a FT'er I didn't get along with. Sorry for the bad experience.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 4:56 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Many years ago, I boarded a flight on AA to LAS. As I was going to my seat in F, I noticed a guy with a FT tag. I mentioned it to him and he like did everything he could to not acknowlege my question or even my existence.

As someone stated, why have the tags if you don't want to communicate with other FTers? This last weekend my FT tag was spotted at the RCC in SYD by another FT and I spotted one at the Arrivals lounge in SFO. Nice guys and had pleasant conversations with both.

I do believe, however - and this may be just my paranoia - that some people are not as friendly because I am a Mod in a particualr forum and have had make some unpopular decisions (unpopular to them). I hope that is not the case, but i guess we shall really see what happens in SFO in a few weeks.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I do believe, however - and this may be just my paranoia - that some people are not as friendly because I am a Mod in a particualr forum and have had make some unpopular decisions (unpopular to them). I hope that is not the case, but i guess we shall really see what happens in SFO in a few weeks.
And I'm looking forward to seeing you there!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Just your paranoia. We'd luv you regardless of what decisions you make.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG
The SFO DO next week will be my first-- can't wait to meet everybody. Just no crazy initiations for the noob- ok ???
Old Sep 4, 2007, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Where2next?
The SFO DO next week will be my first-- can't wait to meet everybody. Just no crazy initiations for the noob- ok ???
Damn, there goes the fun...
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Originally Posted by alanw
I've hosted six FT dos, some of them as big as 60 people, and have met hundreds of other FTers one-on-one or in other groups. I don't think anyone I've met in real life has ever been rude. Socially retarded, unable to hold their liquor, boundary issues, pathological liars, and plain annoying, yes. But never rude.

You don't have to be that honest.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
Originally Posted by belle3388
Like mikeef,

I have also met some that at the beginning seemed a bit 'quiet', giving the wrong impression that they didn't want to 'talk'. Then I found out that they were actually shy and didn't know how to start or join in a conversation. Once they've opened up, they're just as chatty as anyone else.
That sounds like a very odd person.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
Ummmm.........yeah.......... I vaguely remember some very "merlot" moments at SeaDoo9
It's amazing the things I can get into, get out of, or get started after only being somewhere for a very short time...
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
A couple of years ago we went to our row, 15 on a 747, and were spotted by another flyertalker who was very friendly and chatted all the way to wherever we were going. It was probably NRT/SIN or maybe SYD. One of those far off places.

It turned out to be iluv2fly.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by myefre
You don't have to be that honest.
I forgot handsy!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Punki
A couple of years ago we went to our row, 15 on a 747, and were spotted by another flyertalker who was very friendly and chatted all the way to wherever we were going. It was probably NRT/SIN or maybe SYD. One of those far off places.

It turned out to be iluv2fly.
It was SYD on the way to an OZ Do. And Hunki gave me terrific advice that trip.

Thanks for the compliment!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Where2next?
Redbeard made me wear an owl costume to my first dinner...just wait till you see what's in store for you!

Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Oh that's right. That was the flight that got delayed on the ground out of LAX (or was it SFO) and then got delayed again a few feet from the jetway in SYD. My longest flight ever.

Thanks for helping the time fly by.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 6:45 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just did my BWI-LAX-SYD-CNS-SYD-LAX-DEN-BWI loop with my new tags and couldn't find any FT's but it sure helped me spot my luggage!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.