777 Vegas Do baby! July 7 in Las Vegas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777 Vegas Do baby! July 7 in Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2007, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
We should have a suite at the Westin, so if there is a table there, we could always use that. Warning: I think I'll need a VERY low limit table!

Mike
Hm. SPG vs. Marriott? We'll also have a suite...although admittedly it's an all suite hotel. So...yours is probably still going to be larger.

But about the low-limit thing, I dunno...it's not like you're staying at the Travelodge or anything. Sounds like your limit might not be that low...

(Yes, I checked the Travelodge for a "best rate guarantee" but so far, no luck)
Old Jun 30, 2007, 2:00 am

Programs: AC,SWA,*W PLAT
I'm in......

one the few weekends i'm actually here........
Old Jun 30, 2007, 7:25 am

Programs: hhonors Diamond
I always miss all the fun.
I've had a trip planned in LAS for 7/10-7/14 at the LV Hilton for a long time.

Wave at me as you are leaving.

I would have loved to have met you all!

I feel like flying in early just to play, now!

Jen
Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:19 am

Programs: NWA Plat, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond AA ExpPl
I will be there on the 5th to the 7th. Let me know what is happening on Thursday and Friday. Would love to meet everyone.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Hm. SPG vs. Marriott? We'll also have a suite...although admittedly it's an all suite hotel. So...yours is probably still going to be larger.

But about the low-limit thing, I dunno...it's not like you're staying at the Travelodge or anything. Sounds like your limit might not be that low...

(Yes, I checked the Travelodge for a "best rate guarantee" but so far, no luck)
$109 per night, pre-paid. Hey, it happens.

Besides, my wife is going to be there. I have spent the past several years figuring out exactly how much money I can lose in Vegas over any given time period without pissing her off too much. The number remains a secret, but I have narrowed it down to a range of $199-$201.

Mike
Old Jun 30, 2007, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

ALERT! ALERT! It turns out that the Terrace Pointe Cafe does not take reservations. I'm guessing they're going to be pretty busy at 11:30, so we have a couple of options:

1) Make brunch earlier, say 10:30 or 11.
2) Find another restaurant. We are open to suggestions.
3) Continue as planned. We'll meet in front of the restaurant and see how it looks. If it's busy, we'll either go across the hall to the buffet or down the street to somewhere else that can seat a large group.

My vote is to move this to 11 and take our chances at the Wynn, but since FT is a democracy, I'm going to PM everyone on the list and see what people want to do. Majority (Or is it plurality? I can never remember.) rules.

Mike
Old Jun 30, 2007, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
I think moving brunch to 11am seems reasonable. I'll be on east coast time so that should help out a bit.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:04 pm

I'm fine with #1. That way, if we go there and they can't accommodate us or we don't like it for whatever reason, there's still time to check the buffet or something else.

Originally Posted by mikeef
Majority (Or is it plurality? I can never remember.) rules.
Plurality is the largest share of any one group, but not necessarily a majority since a majority is usually considered more than half of some group sharing the same properties.

i.e. if 5 of us choose #1, 4 choose #2, and 3 choose #3, the first choice with 5 votes would not be a majority (since 7/12 would be needed for a majority), but it would be a plurality. So in this case, you need to select the plurality. But kudos for knowing the two options exist. Most people would simply do "what the majority wanted", which means, by definition, you might not do anything.

/being a geek

Last edited by SchmutzigMSP; Jun 30, 2007 at 8:10 pm
Old Jun 30, 2007, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
11 AM is peachy with me - more afternoon time at the Wynn poker room.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 3:36 am

Someone might be willing to have a cup of joe and a bit of the paper could go a little ealier and reserve the table.....
Old Jul 1, 2007, 3:39 am

Oh......

Anyone read "The four hour work week"?

I just got a job offer where i could work anywhere.... yup anywhere....
Old Jul 1, 2007, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by juran
Oh......

Anyone read "The four hour work week"?

I just got a job offer where i could work anywhere.... yup anywhere....
Cool! I want to hear about this when we meet.

Mike
Old Jul 1, 2007, 8:36 am

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
My two cents: I've seen hectic lines outside buffets and coffee shop as early as 9 or 10 a.m. in Vegas, and we are talking about a Saturday morning. I don't think it matters so much where we go, as we need to go someplace where at least one member of the party has a status or comp that allows for jumping to the head of the line. Unfortunately, Vegas tired of my action some years ago, so I no longer play and can't be the one to provide this. Anybody else?

I can't eat much in the morning so I wouldn't attend a buffet brunch, but I'll still be happy to meet up later or for another event.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 9:27 am

So then perhaps we should find a place that takes reservations and has a menu. Location (either on/off-strip) would take a back seat to the two above requirements. That way, everyone can attend.

Of course, just my opinion. I'm neither the majority nor the plurality.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just called the Westin, which does take reservations. Typical Vegas restaurant coffee shop/restaurant. I'm happy to move it there if the plujority votes that way. Breakfast until noon on Saturday.

There is a menu and parking is fantastic. It's 1 block off the strip and the parking lot is right out front.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.