Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk scoops the world with news report!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Sportsgirl, if the story is run, and I am informed of it (as I was promised) I will let you know.

Helena, we are 4 kilometers to the west of Avivim but not south of it. It only appears that way because Avivim's residential area is closer to the border than is ours. In both cases, when you take the orchards into consideration, both communities end 5 meters from the border.

I can't see the satellite picture, but I will describe how to get to my house. You start with your back to the swimming pool and, on your left, a large building. That is the sports hall.

Walk past the sports hall and then past another, larger, building. That is the dining room and it should be on your left.

Keep walking in the same direction. A building will block your path. It is the kibbutz store. Walk around the store by making a left, a right, and then another left. This will have you walking in the same direction you started from but the store will now be at your back.

You will pass two rows of houses on your left and then one on your right. You will then arrive to a point where there are houses on your immediate left, your immediate right, across some grass on your left, and across some grass on your right.

My house is the one on your immediate right (before the grass). If you are are the right place, after the houses across the grass you will get to a road which goes around the kibbutz and across that road is the start of our orchards.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG
Originally Posted by BEYFlyer
.... getting his information from CNN...
BEYFlyer,

I am reading in situ news from this source
Is it reliable?

Thank you and take care during those commutes between Beirut and the mountains
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Dovster and BEYFlyer -

I've been following this thread from the beginning and been thinking and praying for both of you since the start of these hostilities. I've met several FT'rs but haven't had the pleasure of meeting either of you yet, I certainly hope that we can all have one huge FT Do soon with both of you there safe & sound.

Add me to the list to buy you guys a drink.

PS - Dovster while I'm not quite ready for a Dirty Old Man, if you know any Dirty 30-something Men - do let me know
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:18 pm
cpx

Programs: Many
Dovester -
this is the image we are looking at:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...08916&t=k&om=1

- cpx
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Redhead
Dovster while I'm not quite ready for a Dirty Old Man, if you know any Dirty 30-something Men - do let me know
Curses! Foiled again!

BEYFlyer, I believe I will have to leave Redhead in your capable hands.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:22 pm

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
Originally Posted by dodo
BEYFlyer,

I am reading in situ news from this source
Is it reliable?

Thank you and take care during those commutes between Beirut and the mountains
The Daily Star newspaper is one of a few local English newspapers. It is a good source of information and is usually circulated as an attachment with the International Herald Tribune. Given the events of the past 11 days, the IHT is no longer in circulation but we are still getting the Daily Star at the office.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cpx
Dovester -
this is the image we are looking at:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...08916&t=k&om=1

- cpx
I can not see it on my computer. I think the problem is that my monitor is ancient.

I could probably see it with my ThinkPad, which is less than a year old, but I am too lazy to hook it up to my cable.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: delta,aa,northwest, united
Originally Posted by Dovster
Keep in mind that I am an American and thus, as a member of the "family", feel more free to make a comment like that than I would if I had only my Israeli citizenship.

I was, however, in no way implying that Americans don't appreciate America. I was referring to the incredible increase in the number of law suits, and the size of the awards made by juries, that the U.S. has witnessed over the past 30 years.

Today it seems that the path from rags to riches lies in getting yourself a small injury and a big attorney.
Ok, I'm sorry. I lost my temper. I would say it's been a bad day but then I remember who I'm talking to.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:32 pm
cpx

Programs: Many
I can not see it on my computer. I think the problem is that my monitor is ancient.

I could probably see it with my ThinkPad, which is less than a year old, but I am too lazy to hook it up to my cable.
I think the resolution is not high enough. It may not be your computer.

it shows us how close to the border you live. Please be safe.

- cpx
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Israel certainly has not gained anything from UNIFIL's presence.
I was at the UN site looking for a map of Lebanon I found one, but I received a "Page not found" error. After reading your post about UNIFIL I looked for that and found that map on it is Yiron and Avivim. I thought it might be of interest. http://www.un.org/Depts/Cartographic...pko/unifil.pdf

May our Lord be with you and all in this mess,

Doug
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:43 pm

Curses! Foiled again!

BEYFlyer, I believe I will have to leave Redhead in your capable hands.
Sorry Dovster... What can I say? Whose idea was it to put my picture up in the first place?
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Sorry Dovster... What can I say? Whose idea was it to put my picture up in the first place?
It was Monitor's idea. I would never give myself that kind of competition!
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:59 pm

Monitor, expect a recorded message from the IDF...

Good night from the mountains of Lebanon. Tomorrow, I'll head back down to Beirut in the afternoon, but I'll check in with all of you before doing that. Laylatov Dovster...
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Bey....Unless you have the body of a gargoyle underneath that face you will surely need bodyguards to keep the fans at "bey"....
Old Jul 22, 2006, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
OK, now I'm fascinated. Where can one find this famous photo of BEYFlyer? If he really is a Dirty 30-something Man, I need to check it out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.