Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jeeves
I used to live between El Camino Real and Alameda de las Pulgas. When growing up, I was told that Alameda de las Pulgas meant Avenue of the Fleas. My spanish translator says its Park of the Bugs.
Per Babelfish -

Spanish: Alameda de las Pulgas
English: Tree-lined avenue of the Fleas
Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:23 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Folks thanks for all the replys. I've really enjoyed finding out how everyone got their names. So those who still haven't replyed, jump on in. How did you pick your screen name ?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I live in Colorado.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 5:38 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
mine was easy: http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery...Gallery/goalie

now, just wondering if this thread can be combined with this one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684981
Old Oct 20, 2007, 5:40 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Originally Posted by goalie
mine was easy: http://gallery.flyertalk.com/gallery...Gallery/goalie

now, just wondering if this thread can be combined with this one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684981
See what happens when you get old & cant remember
Old Oct 20, 2007, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL, NW Silver Elite, Hilton
aucarol = "au" for AUBURN, and then carol <----ME!
Old Oct 20, 2007, 7:31 pm

Location: Athens, WV, USA; a US cockroach long before it was in FFOCUS; now a lowly US5 for only the 2nd time in 20 years.
Programs: US5
Let's see...
jim = first name
cfs = initials for name of my business
us = airline I flew exclusively when I joined FT (note the past tense)

Can I change my name and drop the last 2 letters now?
Old Oct 20, 2007, 7:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond BMI Silver
short name is tom and I live in the 92591 area rather lame I am fully aware!
Old Oct 20, 2007, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
First name + first letter of last name.
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:08 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
See what happens when you get old & can't remember
nah, the world is just getting younger
Old Oct 21, 2007, 2:17 pm

Programs: United MP
I use a different handle elsewhere and didn't want it here. I couldn't think of anything at the time, other than that I'm Deaf and I love flying.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL status lost across the board.
It's my middle name.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: skymiles,
I actually went through an name change 2 years ago. Used to be my first initial and last name, but I wanted to be a little more anonymous. Tsukiji is after the fish market in Tokyo - I lived in Japan for a few years - and it is almost never taken....
Old Nov 6, 2007, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Fun stuff! A coincidence that I just discovered this thread started by a fellow ANCer, eastwest.

When I first started lurking at FT, I was still high from my trip to Europe on BA in "World Traveller" class. When I got around to registering for an account here, worldtraveller (two "l"s, the British spelling, since I had flown on BA) was taken, as was worldtraveler.

My creative juices weren't flowing very freely, so I used an old handle I had come up with for fun in my high school days. When I was somewhere between 5 and 15 (she and I grew up together), a friend of mine from California pointed out that my initials, when sounded out, came out as jackal. Most of my online registrations use my initial followed by my last name, but when I wanted one that was less revealing of my real name, jackal seemed like a logical choice, and I ended up extending it to FlyerTalk, too.

This brings back a memory: one of my best friends in junior high/high school had several handles and nicknames, a few of which had been created as inside jokes between him and another friend (regarding, I believe, his sixth-grade love or something). I remember trying to get him to tell me the secret story in junior high art class, but no matter what, he wouldn't. Finally, I bribed him that I would tell him at high school graduation what "jackal" meant if he would tell me what his inside jokes were. We agreed, though we never followed through with it (I doubt he even remembers). I suspect his story was more juicy than mine, though he'd probably get a kick out of the history of mine because he was later introduced to my childhood friend (the one who had christened me) and they became very good friends.

As a side note, I don't think I bear any resemblance to the actual animal, either in looks or in popular anthropomorphic characteristics or personality...

Last edited by jackal; Nov 8, 2007 at 4:14 pm
Old Nov 6, 2007, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold
As a fellow Theodore, I wanted to make sure no one confused me with that other Ted. I try to refrain from the RAR! to avoid any confusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.