Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 9:19 pm

Happymom2008

I am a mom but not always happy...unless I stumble on a nice bottle of red merlot.
Old May 23, 2009, 5:17 am

Programs: Mucci, FB Gold, Skywards, MK Kestrel Flyer, BA Gold, M&M FF, UU Capricorne, ACCOR Gold
"Run, Forrest! Run!" - a line I've heard so many times as it is from my son's favourite film. Then just tweaked it a bit. Fly - because I prefer that to running, Phil - because that's my name, and run - because RUN is the code of the main airport on the island where I live.
The mind works in mysterious ways does it not?
Old May 23, 2009, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

post above bounced the tread with no posts for 18 months (post 173 was Nov 10 07)

Other threads on the same topic
What did your FT Handle/Name Come from (442 posts - last post Jun 14 08)
How did you choose your screen name ? (47 posts - last post April 23 07)
Old May 23, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
United Airlines has been in my family since I was just a kid. To this day, riding on United for me, puts the glory back into flying. Theres a feeling I get when I board a UA flight that you just don't feel on other carriers. I see my self riding on United for the rest of my life - hence, UAL4life

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
post above bounced the tread with no posts for 18 months (post 173 was Nov 10 07)
Oops I didn't see your post until it was too late. Possibly a mod could move my post over?
Old May 23, 2009, 6:33 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
All based on Thomas Edison ..... whom never gives up .....
Old May 23, 2009, 9:01 am

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mmj3
No imagination here...

mmj is my initials...and my undergrad university assigned a number based on how many people in the system had the same initials...hence mmj3.

It was a way of IDing yourself for EVERYTHING on campus and it's just stuck since.
I did the same thing...glad to hear that I am not the only one.
Old May 23, 2009, 10:02 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I would need to change my handle... Im more like Gaucho no K considering how little I fly these days...

If I could change my handle today I would probably go to Señor Malbec or something like that...
Old May 23, 2009, 11:22 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Mine real last name(yea I don't hide it) & many years of coaching Little League & youth baseball.
Old May 23, 2009, 11:44 am

Location: Vancouver (Not BC), WA (Not DC)...I'm in a PDX flight path.
Programs: Elite peon; MR Gold; HH Silver; BW Diamond (status match)
I think I said this before, but:

wsu = I am an alumni of Washington State University
cougar = WSU's mascot
chick = I'm a girl...at least the last time I checked I was...
05 = the year I graduated from Washington State.
Old May 23, 2009, 12:20 pm

Programs: US G, AA G, HHonors Silver
Mine is real "imaginative", too. Had just moved to Northern Virginia so Nova plus my initials. Almost selected something based on the carrier I had elite status with at the time - glad I didn't as I switched flying to another carrier.
Old May 23, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
one of my first names + year of my retirement
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:51 am

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Screen names explained...

I've always looked at some screen names and said to myself, "Hmmmm, wonde how they came up with that one" or, "Wonder what that means?" (anonplz, comes to mind).

Thought a thread where those who choose to could explain their screen names.

PSUhorty- PSU grad, Dept. of Horticulture
Old Sep 24, 2009, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I lurked on FT when I was a nonrev flyer, but formally joined when I lost my nonrev privileges.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"anonymous, please" - expl.: it's common knowledge that you're never really anonymous on the internet, unless you jump through all kinds of hoops to retain anonymity, but out of a sense of mutual courtesy (betw. myself and the board and community), the screen name I chose when I signed up (at a time in my life when I traveled much much more than I do now) is a simple request that I prefer to be anonymous. Though after 7 years here, I've exchanged addresses and numbers with a few people, even found out I worked once with someone here back in the 80's!
Old Sep 24, 2009, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
anonplz...that is interesting...I had wondered for a long time what that meant! Thanks for the explanation!

bsdstone=my initials and the company I was working for (Stone Container) at the time I first established any kind of user name/email address...I had an old aol account and used it to contact customers via the internet...a true pioneer I was at that company! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.