Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2002, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
Question What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

I was around back when the Who We All Are threads were around, but there are many new people here and I (after some thought) have decided to start this new one. Even as a sophomore around here, there are still lots of seniors I don't know -- and there are tons of freshmen.

If you so desire -- reply to this post and tell us why you picked your FT Handle and (if it's not really obvious) how to pronounce it.

Your FT friend,
eastwest

----------------------

BTW: Mine comes from the Herman's Hermits song "East West" where the first line goes

East, West over the ocean, perpetual motion, traveling around. . .

(and No! I'm no where near old enough to remember Herman's Hermits, but I grew up listening to them because my dad did.)
Old Nov 8, 2002, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For reference, here is the original thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum...ML/000926.html
Old Nov 8, 2002, 11:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
And here is another fun thread on the topic started by Droneklax

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/004483.html

Mine is simply from my habit of using the same name for account registration at various boards. (And it dates from my original email address with my local isp who was unix-challenged and could only accept 8 character account names). By the time I figured out that the whole "handle" thing here, I was too far along on FT to want to change it.

Mentally, I pronounce it "C-Blazed"
Old Nov 9, 2002, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
I was creating a user name for an old AOL account that I used when traveling - so Travel Man Ken. When I registered at FlyerTalk, it just seemed to make sense.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 2:23 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
My very first flight was FRA - HKG on Lufthansa, flight number 738. And therefore LH738.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 3:59 am
JAP

Location: Cork, Ireland. Aer Lingus (in the bin), BA Gold (woo hoo!), EBB Blue, HH Diamond, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Diamond
When I was younger , and played space invaders et al, the high-score tables were 3 letters - J and P are my initials, and the A is not middle initial - I was just too lazy to go to H on the keyboard, and left this at A ...

Am I wierd or what ??
Old Nov 9, 2002, 4:03 am

Programs: Nowt
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JAP:
When I was younger , and played space invaders et al, the high-score tables were 3 letters - J and P are my initials, and the A is not middle initial - I was just too lazy to go to H on the keyboard, and left this at A ...

Am I wierd or what ??
</font>
I too feel your pain, I was always MAD on arcade machines, as MVD seemed like a lot of work!

Mine is just my name, spelt incorrectly, as Flyertalk wouldn't allow the correct spelling!
Old Nov 9, 2002, 5:47 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Captain Kremmen was a cartoon character on Kenny Everett's TV shows. He travelled the galaxies with an unnaturally busty side-kick and a very weird professor, doing battle with aliens while making terrible puns.

Seemed somehow suitable.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 6:51 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Mine's a typo that changed me from a star to a sickly blanched plant. I pronounce it Sheri.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 8:29 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Tazi is one of the names I use for characters in online games I play (EQ, DAoC, Gemstone).

Tazi Mitweitaugen
Saracen Assassin (DAoC)
Wood Elf Ranger (EQ)

Old Nov 9, 2002, 2:06 pm

Where did my handle come from? Hmm.......

------------------
Michael Steinberg
Editor
BizTrip
http://www.biztrip.com

[This message has been edited by businesstraveler (edited 11-09-2002).]
Old Nov 9, 2002, 2:10 pm

This is something that I have always wondered about. I chose goback because in my experience at airports I always seem to be on the end of the slowest queues or, if on a short queue, told to go the back of a long queue! Thankfully now I have some status to check in at Business class line, which saves a this happening. But I only got the status from all your wonderful help. Thanks! I just kick myself that I didn't discover this earlier to have gained more miles and status.
Old Nov 9, 2002, 2:45 pm

My name and birthday...

Tim
Old Nov 9, 2002, 4:46 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
..the spelling of my second son's name the way my wife wanted (and got!) and they way I wanted to spell his name!!!

No clown references intended!
Old Nov 9, 2002, 5:29 pm

Mine is simply initials and country of origin and this is what I have used since the time of my first online registration some years ago.

Cheers

Thomas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.