Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 20 Cairns, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 20 Cairns, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2024

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2024, 6:00 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Originally Posted by jumpjam
Pardon my ignorance, but where do I find the spreadsheet?
Top of post 4 Hotels are listed in an online google doc link. Click link Click on hotel tabs.

Thanks to Doug reminding me about it,

I have booked the 1-5pm ferry.
Old May 22, 2024, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
On-board first of two flights today ... BNE in two hours ...
QF WP and wandering_fred like this.
Old May 22, 2024, 6:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Flying up tomorrow @ 9:45 AM SYD T3. OW Emerald & J so will have lounge access. I can have an early breakfast at the Hilton CBD or grab something from the lounge. Any ideas of what will be offered in the lounge? Early eat or more sleep is the question...I do not need anything heavy as there will be a meal onboard also.
QF WP and wandering_fred like this.
Old May 22, 2024, 6:12 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF silver, IHG Diamond
Thank you!
Old May 22, 2024, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by serfty
It's linked on the first sentences of posts 4 and 5.

Spreadsheet
Thank you. I reviewed the spreadsheet and would like to note that we will be attending the Dinner Cruise Saturday.
JohnSydney2000 likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BOB W
Flying up tomorrow @ 9:45 AM SYD T3. OW Emerald & J so will have lounge access. I can have an early breakfast at the Hilton CBD or grab something from the lounge. Any ideas of what will be offered in the lounge? Early eat or more sleep is the question...I do not need anything heavy as there will be a meal onboard also.
We’re also OW Emerald and found there is plenty to eat in the QF Business Lounge, along with Barista-made coffees.
Old May 22, 2024, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Complete:

JQ 142 RAR-SYD

In Progress:

QF 534 SYD-BNE
QF 1898 BNE-CNS

Could someone update the spreadsheet on my behalf? I plan to be at Dundee's for dinner tomorrow, and I've paid for the Saturday dinner cruise. Thanks!
QF WP likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 11:16 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Just got the Hilton email to tell me check-in is open, their suggestion was taken up posthaste. (9th floor Exec Room). Looks like my previous Diamond status (when I was booking) has stayed.

another 2 nights on my climb back up from Silver 🫢
Old May 23, 2024, 12:23 am

Hey, I plan on going to the Dowunder bar at 9pm tonight if anyone is interested.
Old May 23, 2024, 2:09 am

Programs: UA 2MM
We are at Chiang Mai airport now, awaiting TG CNX-BKK-MEL and then VA MEL-BNE-CNS. This is in order to get a business award booking TG BKK-MEL. Price was a reasonable 50K UA miles one way pp. (But now increased to 90K miles in UA most recent devaluation!) ✈️
JohnSydney2000 and fifa like this.
Old May 23, 2024, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In my accommodation - it's been a long day for me, so having a quiet night ...
Old May 23, 2024, 3:17 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by QF WP
Just got the Hilton email to tell me check-in is open, their suggestion was taken up posthaste. (9th floor Exec Room). Looks like my previous Diamond status (when I was booking) has stayed.

Youll have to get an Amex Platinum charge card! It gives you (& additional cardholders) Hilton Gold.
We get so much value out of our Amex cards👍.
Old May 23, 2024, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by BOB W

IME Hilton SYD has a reasonable spread for breakfast in the Exec lounge - on my last visit, however, the hot food arrived before they'd fired up the heaters when the lounge opened - resulting in cooked, but cold sausage, etc. If you can access the restaurant for breakfast (usually possible with Diamond, unlike US credit system) , that might be better (others can append to their own experience).

We redirected ourselves to the QF SYD Domestic Business lounge to eat there, with the benefit of being at the airport.

Math may shift if you - if sleep priority, then eat in QF lounge.

Most traffic is inbound when you'd be heading to SYD from Hilton, so not too much of an issue once you've cleared the CBD and got into the tunnel system.
Old May 23, 2024, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by QF WP

Nice. Presume you've been before and know to request / allocate the inlet / river side of the building....
Old May 23, 2024, 8:50 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
I've arrived at the DoubleTree.
JohnSydney2000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.