Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Got two more Santa gifts shipped today only one to go.

It is not spreading a lot of Xmas joy on the sender side. Even UPS does not offer shipping from Japan to destination country. So, 300 USD shipment costs, or 1 hour trek in each direction for drop off at a more reasonably priced option.

I hope the gifts are well received on the other side
I've had luck ordering on Amazon for people in other countries.

Also, while it may be too late for this year, if you want to send items to those in the US, and the items can be ordered through a site in the US, but you need a US billing address, I'm happy to help with ordering.
holmedown and CREN like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kipper
I've had luck ordering on Amazon for people in other countries.

Also, while it may be too late for this year, if you want to send items to those in the US, and the items can be ordered through a site in the US, but you need a US billing address, I'm happy to help with ordering.
The US is pretty easy, to deal with due to amazon and many other options. And normally most of the world is pretty easy to deal with as Japan Post is reasonably priced and effective. However, they have suspended airmail packages to an awful lot of countries, due to the pandemic.

Though no gifts headed to the US this year.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 2:44 pm

Programs: QF WP
The US is pretty easy, to deal with due to amazon and many other options. And normally most of the world is pretty easy to deal with as Japan Post is reasonably priced and effective. However, they have suspended airmail packages to an awful lot of countries, due to the pandemic.

Though no gifts headed to the US this year.
Australia post is similar. And the prices feel higher than usual, possibly due to reduced options?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by nancypants
Australia post is similar. And the prices feel higher than usual, possibly due to reduced options?
from the US, I tried to get a quote to mail a package to Australia and it was over 200 for a 10 lb box. A little steep for me.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: QF WP
Final package has been mailed today

interestingly I went to review the tracking for the 4 I mailed last week. Fascinated by the variability of movement (some haven’t even been tracked out of the post office, others have already left the country)
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nancypants
Final package has been mailed today

interestingly I went to review the tracking for the 4 I mailed last week. Fascinated by the variability of movement (some haven’t even been tracked out of the post office, others have already left the country)
It is interesting times to send things these days for sure.

For my fourth gift, I wanted to do UK based online shopping, but the needed company (International conglomerate) only accepts UK issued credit cards in their UK webshop. So need to arm mysleff with a friend in the UK who can supply a credit card for the charge. But should get that on the way this weekend.
holmedown and fishccy like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Originally Posted by mjbdiamond
Just got my gift from PandaSopink, who got me an incredible bottle of wine and whisky.

The Marques de Riscal Rioja is such a great bottle, and I cannot wait to try it, whilst the Glenfiddich 12 is also an amazing selection

Thanks so much!
mjbdiamond glad the package came with no hiccups! It was my first time doing a UK shipment. Let us know when you try the rioja
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: LTP, PP
It is interesting times to send things these days for sure.

For my fourth gift, I wanted to do UK based online shopping, but the needed company (International conglomerate) only accepts UK issued credit cards in their UK webshop. So need to arm mysleff with a friend in the UK who can supply a credit card for the charge. But should get that on the way this weekend.
PayPal can be an effective workaround for these international problems. Free to signup and you can link a credit card to it.
holmedown and samosa like this.

Last edited by joshua362; Nov 27, 2021 at 10:14 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 27, 2021, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshua362
PayPal can be an effective workaround for these internal problems. Free to signup and you can link a credit card to it.
That actually worked, thank you for the hint.

Now I have all 4 gifts shipped.
joshua362 and CREN like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, National Executive
Thank you, Santa!

We love the gifts!
Old Nov 27, 2021, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by laktonen

We love the gifts!
Such a cute dog!
MrDplus and laktonen like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
Originally Posted by Marcia3641
When UPS rung my doorbell and the package was from LL Bean I was like let me confirm that the box has my name it because I wasn't expecting any packages. Completely forgot about Secret Santa gifts and I was so surprised. Exactly what I wanted Scrabble Deluxe and the candle smells soooooooo gooooooddddd. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I just opened this Scrabble and IT'S SO NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG thank you so much Secret Santa, I'm speechless!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm fessing up!

So glad you liked the gifts Marcia. I'm a longtime FT lurker but new to posting on the board. It's been great getting to know people on here. Quite a crowd.

Merry Christmas from your Secret Santa!

Trish
FlyingCow and CREN like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kipper
Geez, and I thought I started shopping early! I have presents for 3 of my 5 recipients ordered, but none of them would've arrived this early.
Same problem here, waiting for my orders. As one will go around the globe I hope I will not be late Santa.....
Old Nov 27, 2021, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Same problem here, waiting for my orders. As one will go around the globe I hope I will not be late Santa.....
Of the presents already ordered, most have been delivered, although recipients have yet to post here.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I just home from Thanksgiving travels to a package from CREN. Thank you. The soaps smell divine and my 8yo absolutely squealed with delight at the sketchbooks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.