Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFFICIAL 2021 Flyertalk Secret Santa Extravaganza Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2021, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by nancypants
Do the elves message from a gmail account? I got an email which i’m mainly sure is genuine but wanted to make sure not a phishing attempt 😂
That would be a very elaborate and odly specific phishing attempt. I guess it might also be someone creating their own elves?
offerendum and samosa like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:22 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That would be a very elaborate and odly specific phishing attempt. I guess it might also be someone creating their own elves?
well I did think it might be but you never know these days!
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
well I did think it might be but you never know these days!
Probably still don't give them your credit card details

I know what you mean though, I did get a one last year from a gmail address as well. And initially I could also not help wondering if it was was real. It was though.....
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Do the elves message from a gmail account? I got an email which i’m mainly sure is genuine but wanted to make sure not a phishing attempt 😂
Some of Santa's elves do have email access and have been known to email people from various addresses.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I got one asking for gift advice from a hotmail address (personalized to FT). Very clever, very thoughtful, love it!
Old Nov 19, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Reserve
As a longtime lurker and new FT poster, I thought the email I received from the FT Elf was very thoughtful — trying to find out more about me.

I realize people on this board know very little about me. I hope that will change as I travel and participate more and get to know all of you better.

There are some amazing people on here. If you want a fun read, check out the recent Trip Report by SKYEG, "Is this a vacation? 17 flights in 2 weeks and 10 hotels (AA F/J, AC J/Y, CM, J, LA PY)." It zags when you expect it to zig.

Participating on FT is like going to college again. I'm learning a heckuva lot from you seasoned travelers, though I don't know if I will ever get the abbreviations down. Practice.
dhammer53 and nancypants like this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
From the Office of HeadElf53.

If you receive a PM from the screen name posted on the left, please answer it. I realize some of you may be away on business or vacation; but if you want to drive the person that asked me to get involved and getting additional info from you, your tardiness will postpone a timely gift. Just sayin.

Santa wharvey, I noticed that not everyone on the list has posted to the thread announcing their participation. The Elves perceive this in a SMH way??

Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone. This year I'm treating the Elves to a nice glass of mull wine and eggnog.

HE53
Old Nov 19, 2021, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I believe Elves message from many accounts
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:41 am

I’ve completed shopping for 1/5, will mail tomorrow. Heading to the aviation museum for inspiration on 2/5 tomorrow. 3+4/5 planned but will be online purchases, 5/5 I’m still thinking about
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have completed half my shopping, the other half will be online shopping, so need to wait a bit to not arrive too early.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:03 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa Update:

One last reach out to see if anyone else wants to join or up their Santa assignments. Especially if you would be willing to ship to Canada.

I have to get this finished tomorrow as we leave for our anniversary trip to Hawaii on Monday. I am going to try and disconnect as much as possible for a week to enjoy our anniversary. I will check in when I can.

Do remember to private message me when you ship your gift and detail what you actually mail out. On the converse side, please message me with details on what you receive when you receive your gift.

Also, please post here so your Santa knows when/what you receive. Pictures appreciated!
Old Nov 21, 2021, 3:19 am

wharvey just sent you a semi urgent PM
Old Nov 21, 2021, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Received two gifts today. A nice four piece cheese knife set and The Food Lab Cookbook. Can't wait to try some of the recipes, lots of good advice and the author explains explains making all the recipes in great detail.
Redhead and fishccy like this.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Geez, and I thought I started shopping early! I have presents for 3 of my 5 recipients ordered, but none of them would've arrived this early.
I had thought for a second it might be you, but I remembered that you had me last year!
Old Nov 22, 2021, 5:32 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Whoops, I missed it this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.